- Eagles Message Board
- → Most Liked Content
Most Liked Content
Posted robnail on 23 December 2013 - 09:49 AM
Posted Footballman175 on 05 January 2014 - 01:47 AM
Posted BleedinGreen710 on 23 December 2013 - 11:47 AM
That all changed today.
It all started this morning while I was listening to Philadelphia Sports Radio, more specifically, 94WIP.. Philadelphia's sports radio station. I listen to the station every morning. They announced that they were giving away an autographed jersey of my favorite player Lesean McCoy to whoever has the best Philadelphia Eagles story. I decided to call in. I was on hold for about an hour and they ended up giving it away to the person before me. I considered hanging up.. but decided not to because hey not often do you get to be on the air with such a famous radio station. What happened next has changed my life forever.
I got on the air and I told them my story. I told them how right now I am losing my home and everything I own, how theres times when I don't even want to wake up in the morning, and the only thing that keeps me going is the Philadelphia Eagles and how they have turned their season around. I also told them how the radio station has helped me because when people call in and express their excitement and happiness for the team it brings me joy in a time when joy is very hard to come by.
The radio hosts were shocked. They told me how grateful they were that I got on the air today and told my story. They said how that's whats so great about being a sports fan. Next, the host Angelo Cataldi told me that he doesn't know what job skills I have, but he wants me to come into the studio and they will try to help me. I was stunned.. I couldn't believe it. They took my information and said they would call me back to set up a time for me to come into the studio. I figured that they didn't know I live all the way in Portland, Maine (10 hour drive), so I kinda figured not much would come out of it since I have no money for a train ticket to get there. I was wrong.
Shortly after I received a text message from a Philadelphia area code phone number.. I got excited as I read the message. Turns out, it wasn't the radio station. It was a friend of one of the radio hosts Keith Jones who had heard my story and said that I had almost brought him to tears.. and that he wanted to help out a fellow Eagles fan. He asked me a bunch of questions like how much money did I owe, could I afford a train ticket.. etc. I told him my situation and long story short... this person has sent a check for $500 to my landlord to pay off some of my rent, and has also volunteered to pay for a train ticket to get me to Philadelphia to visit the radio station. He asked me to send him my resume and he is going to try to hook me up with a job in Philadelphia, the place I have always dreamed of living.
It is the greatest Christmas gift I could have ever imagined. And for me.. it is truly a Christmas miracle. A Philadelphia Eagles Christmas Miracle.
Happy Holidays to everyone, I hope this story has brought you joy.
Posted time2rock on 28 January 2013 - 01:18 PM
Posted Solomon on 04 November 2013 - 10:48 AM
This is one of the dumest things I've ever read on here. Before yesterday, only 1 QB has thrown 7 TDs in one game since 1969, yet you think 20 could have done it yesterday. F'ing TATE man, reaching new levels of stupid every day.
Posted judunno on 24 February 2014 - 02:36 PM
Posted HoNkYEaGz on 26 April 2013 - 06:09 PM
Posted KzEaglefan86 on 27 December 2013 - 04:03 PM
Posted Marinomanx013 on 20 November 2013 - 11:18 PM
Posted jmac+djaxallday on 13 October 2013 - 04:38 PM
Drew Brees - 56% cmp, 322 yards, 1 TD/1 Int, 67.5 rating
Tom Brady - 69% cmp, 225 yards, 2 Td/1 Int, 92.9 rating
Carson Palmer - 55% cmp, 248 yards, 1 TD/2 Int, 62.2 rating
Nick Foles - 71% cmp, 296 yards, 3 Td/0 Int, 133.3 rating
To recap, he threw for the second most yards, the best passer rating, the best completion percentage, and was the only one to not throw a pick. I've been more supportive of Vick than some, but anybody who thinks he does what Foles did today is delusional. At this point it's a no-brainer, Foles has to start.
Posted 20Safety_Hazards on 08 January 2014 - 09:23 AM
Posted McNabb2Jackson7 on 13 May 2013 - 11:59 PM
Posted cmart102 on 06 December 2013 - 09:24 AM
Posted djacc10fan on 27 November 2013 - 01:54 PM
Mike Vick was not stirring, his groin had him down.
Coach Kelly, unhindered, indeed had a plan,
His hope was St. Nicholas would now be the man.
The fans and media were filled with dread,
that our dream for a Superbowl was all but dead.
and mama in her Eagles jersey, and I in my hat,
watched St. Nick throw 7 TDs,in 3 quarters flat!
When out in the city they began the debatin',
Was St. Nick as good as that other guy Peyton?
Away to Green Bay the team flew like a bird,
and St. Nick threw three more, and they won by the third!
St. Nick returned to the Linc, philly fans still in awe,
and beat the Skins handily like it was nothing at all!
Gains of 20 yards or more is the way the Eagles move the ball,
You'd better be looking downfeild when St. Nick makes the call!
"Now Avant!, now Cooper!, now Brown! and LeSean!
On Brown!, On Ertz! on Celek! and Desean!
To the top of the East to the top of them all!
Now fly Eagles fly...fly away all!"
St. Nick's in the drivers seat the rest of the year
in hopes that a Superbowl Championship is near!
and if you make our Superbowl dream come true,
we'll never throw another snowball or boo!
Posted blindside on 21 November 2013 - 06:58 PM
Posted ForWhomForWhat? on 29 April 2013 - 05:50 PM
Posted Muckdaddy on 23 December 2013 - 07:56 PM
Posted Havenless on 11 November 2013 - 06:31 PM
2. Only one QB has thrown more than Nick's 19 TDs without an interception to start a season: Peyton Manning, 2013.
3. Tied for most TD passes in a single game in NFL history: 7.
4. Highest completion percentage and fewest incompletions in a game where 7 TDs were thrown, all-time.
5. Youngest player in NFL history to throw for 7 TDs in a single game.
6. 60th perfect game in NFL history, recording a 158.3 passer rating vs the Raiders.
7. Most TDs thrown (7) in a game where a perfect rating was achieved...
8. And conversely, the highest QB rating in NFL history (158.3) among games where 7 TDs were thrown.
9. Second player in NFL history to throw for 400 yards while maintaining a perfect QB rating.
10. First QB in NFL history to have back to back games achieving 140 QB rating.
11. Only the 13th player ever to have 2 140 QB rating games in the same season.
12. Only opposing QB in NFL history to achieve a 140 QB rating at Lambeau Field.
13. Nick's 152.8 passer rating over 3 games (Raiders, Packers, Redskins) is the greatest 3 game stretch since 1970 for any QB.
14. 152.8 passer rating in November: Highest passer rating for any QB in any calendar month in NFL history (minimum 50 attempts).
15. Second most '3+TD/0INT' games by an NFL QB through their first 2 seasons in the Superbowl Era. (Foles has 4, Marino's record is 6).
16. Holds Philadelphia's all-time record for consecutive passes without an interception. (233)
17. 6th QB in NFL history to throw 200+ passes in a season before his first interception.
18. NFL all-time record for TD:INT ratio for a season, minimum 10 TD passes (13.5-1).
19. Third highest single-season passer Rating in NFL history.
20. NFL all-time record for Passing Yards:INT ratio for a single season, minimum 2000 yards passing (1,445.5:1).
Posted BOMB1985 on 13 October 2013 - 06:19 PM
2) We can't run the ball with Foles in
3) You can't run Chips O without a mobile QB
4) Riley Cooper can't get open
5) Foles is too easy to defend