Photo
- - - - -

Any Eagles Fans From AUSTRALIA?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#61 damolazz

damolazz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

I'm still here. I don't post much, but I lurk a lot still.

I'm glad Rugby, NRL and AFL are back now. I don't know what I'd do until September without them, they're the perfect entrée to the NFL Season.

#62 Eagle fan in SA

Eagle fan in SA

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Very true, looking forward to see how F/A goes, and whether Philly make any big moves on draft day!

#63 Mat

Mat

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts
  • Fan Since:McNabb

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

I don't really want to think about the draft. Well the first day of the draft has not been good in recent years.

#64 damolazz

damolazz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

Day 1 of the draft is great fun, regardless of the Eagles pick. I was disappointed with Graham in 2010 (I wanted/thought we were getting Earl Thomas) and really wanted Jimmy Smith instead of Watkins last year. 09 was nice with Maclin, but the no picks in the earlier couple of years were crap. I was like "WTF, I waited all day for this" with Kolb in 07 and didn't really like DJax or Laws at the time in 08. But like I said, the draft is still fun to watch even when I hate the picks. I usually watch it with 5 or 6 friends who are big fans of other teams. Everyone is always nervous but excited when they're on the clock, especially when they trade up.

Hey Mat, are you assoicated with Redcoats, or just a fan? I heard them on the Hottest 100 on Aus day, that's a pretty good achievement.

#65 Mat

Mat

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

I went to high school with the bass player and drummer. The drummer is a couple of years older then me but I am very close mates with the bass player. We went on a school trip to the USA together, played footy and played in the high school bands together.

#66 ypana3

ypana3

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hey guys, I'm from Brisbane in Queensland. Honestly, I think Rugby and AFL are crap, but I don't know that's me.
I have been an Eagles fan since I was about 10-11, when McNabb was playing, and in AFC I love the Ravens.
Which sucks for me, because I really want the Eagles to take one home, but the Ravens are probably going to retire Ray Lewis after this season...
He needs a SuperBowl before he leaves, and he deserves one.

Man that Championship game was painful.

But yeah my favourite player is probably McCoy or Vick.
I was also thinking, the Eagles need a young breakout player like Torrey Smith or Julio Jones along with a Mike-Wallace-style player like DeSean Jackson.
But then I thought, we have DeSean Jackson, and Jeremy Maclin :D

#67 Mat

Mat

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hey guys, I'm from Brisbane in Queensland. Honestly, I think Rugby and AFL are crap, but I don't know that's me.
I have been an Eagles fan since I was about 10-11, when McNabb was playing, and in AFC I love the Ravens.
Which sucks for me, because I really want the Eagles to take one home, but the Ravens are probably going to retire Ray Lewis after this season...
He needs a SuperBowl before he leaves, and he deserves one.

Man that Championship game was painful.

But yeah my favourite player is probably McCoy or Vick.
I was also thinking, the Eagles need a young breakout player like Torrey Smith or Julio Jones along with a Mike-Wallace-style player like DeSean Jackson.
But then I thought, we have DeSean Jackson, and Jeremy Maclin :D

I think you should post this in the Tak About The Eagles section. I still think it might be better suited for Rant & Rave or Whats Up

#68 Sleep

Sleep

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm from Australia and hitting up the Eagles/Ravens game. Section 102 only six rows back. :thumbsup:

#69 damolazz

damolazz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

I'm from Australia and hitting up the Eagles/Ravens game. Section 102 only six rows back. :thumbsup:

Awesome! That should be a great game. How'd you go about getting tickets?

I'm going to the US with some friends in late November. I'll be in NYC when the Packers play the Giants, so I'm hoping to go to that game. One of my friends is a Bears fan, so he'll be booing the ish out of the Pack while I'll be booing the ish out of the Giants. The Eagles are actually playing the Panthers in Philly on MNF that next day. I would've loved to go, but we'd have to stay the night in Philly and none of my friends were keen. It's a shame cos I'd love to see the Eagles play, and it would've been sweet to see them play Cam and the Panthers. Oh well.

#70 Sleep

Sleep

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

I grabbed the tickets from Ticketsnow. Hit them up on google. No doubt you can get tickets for the game you're after as well.

#71 Mat

Mat

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

If any of you guys are interested in a fantasy league I might need some extra numbers. Just post your interest in this thread or PM me

#72 Forkers

Forkers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

Gidday Fellas,

I'm from just near Brisbane. Been a barracker for The Eagles since the second year ABC TV aired American football. The first year I just managed
to watch a few games but then decided on the Eagles at the start of the second year of showing. I think that was about the mid nineties, but
I will stand corrected if anyone knows for certain. (Not that it matters much, I suppose).

Last Monday, I finally was able to watch the Eagles play a game! Man, what a cliffhanger!! And actually beating the reigning premiership team too!
And the Coach, is he one cool dude or what? Never saw him get 'frazzled' once! Did he somehow know the Giants kicker was going to miss. Anyway I finally got around to signing up on here and thought I would just say 'Hi".

#73 Eagle_69

Eagle_69

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Fan Since:2009

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Im pretty sure Reid got pretty fazed when he iced the Tynes miss :lol:

but welcome dude, im from canberra, read a lot more here than i post. Thankfully i work for the ACT Gov so i generally take some flex time out most weeks to tune in mondays to watch the eagles... any aussies who arent on board with it yet, get NFL gamepass, its Fing awesome. I wish the NRL and AFL got their **** together enough to put a product like that on the market.

#74 downundermike

downundermike

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I am an Eagles fan from Australia, now living in Spokane Washington.

Grew up in Perth as a fan of the West Coast Eagles, makes you wonder how I became a Philadelphia Eagles fan doesn't it.

Lived in the US since 88 and have followed the Eagles since I got off the plane.

Got to meet Darren Bennett and get his autograph while he was with the WCE when he coached at out under 14 Aussie Rules league.

#75 Eagle fan in SA

Eagle fan in SA

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

So the Seahawks didn't win you over living in Washington State?

#76 downundermike

downundermike

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

So the Seahawks didn't win you over living in Washington State?

Nope. Eagles fan right off the plane.

#77 Eagle fan in SA

Eagle fan in SA

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Good work! I followed the Broncos during the 90's (Elway, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe era) but I was never a huge NFL fan. In 1999 I read an article about McNabb and the Eagles, since then I have been a mad Eagles fan!

#78 Mat

Mat

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

You guys are not hanging around the right part of the boards

#79 novick

novick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

G'Day Mate.....How ya goin??...yea from Sydney meself....living in Central America at present. We do get the game on FOX. It is a pleasure to watch them again after that dog killer got benched.

#80 Mat

Mat

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

What a crappy season

#81 damolazz

damolazz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

What a crappy season

Yep.

Awesome! That should be a great game. How'd you go about getting tickets?

I'm going to the US with some friends in late November. I'll be in NYC when the Packers play the Giants, so I'm hoping to go to that game. One of my friends is a Bears fan, so he'll be booing the ish out of the Pack while I'll be booing the ish out of the Giants. The Eagles are actually playing the Panthers in Philly on MNF that next day. I would've loved to go, but we'd have to stay the night in Philly and none of my friends were keen. It's a shame cos I'd love to see the Eagles play, and it would've been sweet to see them play Cam and the Panthers. Oh well.

I dodged a bullet not going to that Eagles vs Panthers game, but watching the Giants blow out the Packers in the freezing cold wasn't fun either.

#82 Mat

Mat

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

So big news going around Aus right now with the drugs

#83 Jc-3

Jc-3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Fan Since:2009

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

I have been on here for awhile but don't post much. I'm from Perth Australia, I'm a big AFL I'm a Collingwood supporter. I have been going for the Eagles since Sav, stuck with them after he got cut. This year I went to America and I managed to go to the Superbowl shame, philly weren't in it but it was unreal the best thing I have ever been to, seats where amazing and the game was amazing to. Now just got to tick a philly game off my list.

#84 canadianbird

canadianbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm moving to Peth this week and wondering if there's anyone there who follow the real Eagles

#85 Sleep

Sleep

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm heading over to watch the Eagles play Giants in Philadelphia again this year. Was a ton of fun last year and definitely recommend doing it. And for all the hoopla about Philly being this dangerous place it was fine and I never felt uncomfortable or like I was in trouble.

#86 damolazz

damolazz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm heading over to watch the Eagles play Giants in Philadelphia again this year. Was a ton of fun last year and definitely recommend doing it. And for all the hoopla about Philly being this dangerous place it was fine and I never felt uncomfortable or like I was in trouble.

Awesome. Seeing an Eagles game in Philly is definitely on my bucket list. As far as fans go, just about every team, regardless of location or sport, has it's share of bad fans. In my experience at the Giants game I went to, some of their fans were awful, but for the most part they were fine. You have to take the bad with the good, and not let a few idiots ruin your experience. Enjoy the game, hopefully this season goes a bit lot better than last.