Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brotherd

uk eagles fan

96 posts in this topic

we dont want piers morgan, you can keep shakespeare too!

Just give us your $1 super saver menus, that would work out about 60p for a delicious bacon grill

oh and im also from the UK, Eagles are rarely on Sky Sports (premium sports channel) so i have to do some illegal streaming unfortunately

Get Gamepass?

Expensive I know but well worth it if you watch a ton of NFL like me

Hey, flights direct from Heathrow are about £450-£550 if you get a good deal. I was lucky that I spoke to an Eagles fan from New Jersey on the web and she actually let me stay with her and took me to the game! (Best fans in the world!) The game ticket was about $70 going up to about $200 I think. She paid for that to so I'm not sure.

If you do go, you have to tailgate at the game. It's the best sporting event I've ever been to. Let me know if I can help some more. Where in London are you?

Cheers for replying I only just saw this! Im from Kent!

How do we watch the playoffs?

gamepass is 24 hour blackout from after the game ends, so wont be available to watch until about 4 am on monday morning. so realistically I'd have to watch on monday before work.

No sky.

Grr!

Hello all,

Heading over to Oxford for a week in April. Working at Mini plant. Arrive 19th and fly on to Munich on Sat 26th.

If possible, would love to meet some of you guys and share a beer or 2.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

SCE

Hi there guys and girls... My first post on here, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and tell you a bit about why I support the Eagles. Just got into American football there about a year ago. Had very little knowledge of the sport apart from that I just instinctively knew to dislike the cowboys, and if you dislike the cowboys then there is only team worth supporting. :-)

Also really like the Eagles colours (as they similar to my football team Celtic) and the fact that Eagles fans are considered “rowdy” by American standards can only be a good thing as it shows your a passionate bunch of supporters and reminds me of football crowds back in Europe.

Anyway hello, and thank you reading.

Allo Peeps! West Philadelphia Born and Raised, moved to the UK 6 years ago living in Bristol atm and I will always Bleed GREEN!

1 person likes this

Hi to all Eagles fans both sides of the pond

looking forward to another trip stateside to see the team and the Linc :-)

1 person likes this

Really really cool to see UK Eagles fans!!

Thanks very much for saying that...being very new to the game (and only following the Eagles from last season on wards) I still find the whole sport slightly confusing. lol :)

But your team was the ONLY choice for me, the loyalty and boisterous nature of your fans reminds me of football (soccer) fans in the UK, I also love how you cant stand the cowboys. And they are one of the few (and negative) memories I have of the NFL back in the early 1990's when it seemed like no one else could ever win the Superbowl.

Glad to see those days are a thing of the past now :)

Roll on next season, Chip Kelly seems to be taking them good places.

2 people like this

So how are people watching the games this year?!

Hi, just registered.

Eagles fan from Grays, Essex here.

Can't wait for the season to start.

1 person likes this

just started using NFL gamepass to watch the games as Sky sports and C4 just dont give me enough coverage, Eagles podcast is also brilliant

love being able to watch the Eagles again and again, especially for the win over the Jags, 34 unanswered points in the 2nd half, gotta love this up tempo offence, glad chip left foles in and didnt sub in sanchez

keep going Eagles ill be there in october :o)

E.A.G.L.E.S.! EAGLES!!!!!!!!

So how do you guys watch the games blacked out on sky...

Ive got gamepass, but no sky. Cant wait 24 hours!

Hi all

I'm an Eagles fan for the last 4 years and an NFL fan since the 80's,going over next season and I can't wait.i just joined the forum so hope to get to know other fans :)

If any of you UK guys  and Irish friends are  going to the game this Sunday between  Cowboys and Jaguars game be sure to wear your eagles gear and BOO the Cowboys as loud as you can every chance you can. That way we  back in the states can tell when we watch the game that there are more Eagles fans there than any other team. I would love to see on International television a sign with the Eagles depicted  crushing the Cowboys. Root for the Jaguars to win.

1 person likes this

Hi guys,

Eagles fan from the north of England here, still hurting from Sunday's game. Visited Philly for the first time in 2004, do some work just north of Scranton PA. from time to time, love the place. 

I still think we will win the division, but the two Dallas games are now massive.

Go Eagles!  

Newcastle here. This is my first season following the NFL, but I'm already staying up til 4/5am cheering on the Eagles.

that's cool mate, I am from New Castle, Delaware in the thick of Eagles country USA

The game on Saturday is blacked out on sky, so no gamepass. GrrrRRRrrRRrrr

Ok UK Eagles fans, lets shake up the board and get some replies in.  Today we have seen some to and fro with the roster plus the signings and monumental trade that happened earlier.  What do UK eagles fans think of the trades that have happened.  For the record they are:-

1.  LB Brad Jones signed from The Packers

2.  LB KIko Alonso signed from The Bills with LeSean (Shady) McCoy going the other way.

3. CB Byron Maxwell picked up in FT from Seahawks.

4.  LB Brandon Graham re-signed will probably be a starter.

5.  Quarterback Nick Foles, a fourth-round draft pick in 2015 and a second-round pick in 2016 to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for quarterbackSam Bradford and the Rams' fifth-round pick in 2015.

6.  QB Mark Sanchez signed to a two year deal.

7.  CB Walter Thurmond III bsigned on free agency.

8.  On another site it also mentioned that Ryan Matthews, RB from The Chargers was coming but here on the boards there is nothing mentioned.

OK let's have your thoughts

Eagle_smiley.jpg Steve

1 person likes this

Be interesting to see how Bradford gets on, I used to rate him a fair bit. Keen to see how Alonso settles.

Ok UK Eagles fans, lets shake up the board and get some replies in.  Today we have seen some to and fro with the roster plus the signings and monumental trade that happened earlier.  What do UK eagles fans think of the trades that have happened.  For the record they are:-

1.  LB Brad Jones signed from The Packers

2.  LB KIko Alonso signed from The Bills with LeSean (Shady) McCoy going the other way.

3. CB Byron Maxwell picked up in FT from Seahawks.

4.  LB Brandon Graham re-signed will probably be a starter.

5.  Quarterback Nick Foles, a fourth-round draft pick in 2015 and a second-round pick in 2016 to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for quarterbackSam Bradford and the Rams' fifth-round pick in 2015.

6.  QB Mark Sanchez signed to a two year deal.

7.  CB Walter Thurmond III bsigned on free agency.

8.  On another site it also mentioned that Ryan Matthews, RB from The Chargers was coming but here on the boards there is nothing mentioned.

OK let's have your thoughts

Eagle_smiley.jpg Steve

When it all first started happening I thought it looked bad as we seemed to be losing all our best players... :angry:

BUT (and its a big but!)

We have to give Kelly the full "crack at the whip" he deserves, as there is no point giving him overall control unless he is able to use it...

Should it all blow up and we collapse next season then its ALL on him, so I would like to think its all part of a "grand plan" he has  :D

otherwise his time is fast running out in Philadelphia.