Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

7,899 posts in this topic

Depends on the conditions until i say i will like it. We know it cant involve the 2011 3rd or 4th because that is tied up with the Eagles so my guess is that its a 2011 1st/2nd conditional pick. 1st round pick if he makes the pro bowl and a 2nd round pick otherwise. Thats what i think it will be.

and if there's a lockout?

whatever draft pick it is will be of no use to us anyways.

Depends on the conditions until i say i will like it. We know it cant involve the 2011 3rd or 4th because that is tied up with the Eagles so my guess is that its a 2011 1st/2nd conditional pick. 1st round pick if he makes the pro bowl and a 2nd round pick otherwise. Thats what i think it will be.

So the Redskins trade for a seriously injured player and trade a 2nd or more and then have to sign him to a pretty hefty contract? So, nothing has changed.

and if there's a lockout?

whatever draft pick it is will be of no use to us anyways.

Even if there is a lockout there will be a draft in 2011.

Even if there is a lockout there will be a draft in 2011.

great, so they'll draft someone and not play him. sounds good :rolleyes:

I wonder what the pick is. It definitely helps fill their biggest weakness, but it wouldn't be smart to give up a 1st or 2nd for a 29 year old coming off IR.

great, so they'll draft someone and not play him. sounds good :rolleyes:

Even if there is a lockout the NFL isn't going out business. Be it a shortened season or 2012 there would be football again.

Even if there is a lockout the NFL isn't going out business. Be it a shortened season or 2012 there would be football again.

yes but picking up Brown helps the team right now.

he just turned 29 so he should have another 5 good years ahead of him.

the nuts and bolts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5306133

The New Orleans Saints have agreed to send disgruntled offensive tackle Jammal Brown to the Washington Redskins.

The former two-time Pro Bowler, who missed the entire 2009 season with hip and sports hernia injuries, signed his restricted free agent tender Saturday after skipping all of the Saints' voluntary workouts this offseason.

The Saints' compensation in the deal is tied to the Redskins' trade with the Eagles for quarterback Donovan McNabb in April.

According to a league source, Washington owes the Eagles a third- or fourth-round pick in 2011 for McNabb, based on how the quarterback plays or the team performs. If the Redskins win nine games, or go to the playoffs, or McNabb gets selected to the Pro Bowl, then Philadelphia will receive Washington's third-round pick and New Orleans will get Washington's fourth. If none of those happen, then the Eagles will get the Redskins' fourth-round pick and the Saints will get the Redskins' third-round pick.

If New Orleans receives Washington's third-round pick, then the Redskins will get a 2010 fifth-round pick back from the Saints. However, if Washington's third-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Saints will send a 2010 sixth- or seventh-round pick back to the Redskins.

There is also a conditional 2012 sixth-round pick involved. Should Brown play 90 percent of the plays next season or get voted to the Pro Bowl, then Washington will send its 2012 sixth-round pick to New Orleans. After Saturday's trade, Washington has six picks left in the 2011 draft.

Both Brown and 2010 first-round pick Trent Williams can play either tackle position, but the initial plan is to play Williams at left and Brown at right.

Brown, a 2005 first-round pick, has only one year remaining on his contract. The Redskins have no plans in place to sign Brown to a long-term extension yet, but they ultimately plan to keep him.

Redskins just robbed the Saints.

I have to admit its pretty cool having a GM that makes great deals for solid players. The redskins have basically put an entire new team together in one offseason. The whole Oline is revamped, the defense is looking solid and the skins have a top tier QB. Its great being a skins fan

sounds like a great deal.

Redskins just robbed the Saints.

I have to admit its pretty cool having a GM that makes great deals for solid players. The redskins have basically put an entire new team together in one offseason. The whole Oline is revamped, the defense is looking solid and the skins have a top tier QB. Its great being a skins fan

haven't been to their board but i understand the saint fans are pissssed.

A lot better deal than I thought.

Same here. I thought it would be a conditional 1st or 2nd for sure. That was much less then i thought. Great trade for the skins but they also have to give him a long-term deal.

Bad deal for Redskins. Allen Fs up another deal. What a poor GM. Brown can't stay healthy and the Saints' line got better with him out.

Bad deal for Redskins. Allen Fs up another deal. What a poor GM. Brown can't stay healthy and the Saints' line got better with him out.

LMFAO

See this is why everyone hates philly fans. You guys can NEVER admit when another team does something good. They gave up nothing for a solid 29 year old tackle that will start as the Right Tackle.

Saint fans are saying they got owned

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthr...542&page=19

It all comes down to the physical

Btw if this is a 3rd rounder what happens if the pick for McNabb is a 3rd rounder?

Btw if this is a 3rd rounder what happens if the pick for McNabb is a 3rd rounder?

You guys will get the 3rd pick no matter what. The saints will get a 4th round pick

then it becomes a 4th for the Saints.

Per ESPN:

"The Saints' compensation in the deal is tied to the Redskins' trade with the Eagles for quarterback Donovan McNabb in April.

Washington will now be without its third- and fourth-round draft picks in 2011, but it will also get back a later pick from New Orleans, according to a league source.

Washington owes the Eagles a third- or fourth-round pick in 2011 for McNabb, based on how the quarterback plays or the team performs. If the Redskins win nine games, go to the playoffs or McNabb gets selected to the Pro Bowl, Philadelphia will receive Washington's third-round pick and New Orleans will get Washington's fourth. If none of those happen, the Eagles will get the Redskins' fourth-round pick and the Saints will get the Redskins' third-round pick.

If New Orleans receives Washington's third-round pick, then the Redskins will get a 2011 fifth-round pick back from the Saints. However, if Washington's third-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Saints will send a 2011 sixth- or seventh-round pick back to the Redskins.

There is also a conditional 2012 sixth-round pick involved. Should Brown play 90 percent of the plays next season or get voted to the Pro Bowl, then Washington will send its 2012 sixth-round pick to New Orleans. After Saturday's trade, Washington has six picks left in the 2011 draft."

The Redskins needed an OL no doubt, but I think Brown blows. Never liked him even when he was a Pro Bowler.

One way or another, the Skins are losing their 3rd and 4th round picks next year.

The Saints get which ever pick the Eagles don't get. Eagles get a third the Saints get a fourth. The Eagles get a fourth then the Saints get a third.

1) It was a smart/good move by Washington to continue to address their line.

2) The upside though is questionable because that's basically what Brown is at this point a question. (you have to realize he got traded for a reason)

As for the 3-4 being the future of the NFL....no. The 3-4 has been around for a long time its just a fad right now. As GE99 pointed out at least once look at the list of the all time great defenses...what do they all have in common? They're 4-3.

Ultimately its not about one being necessarily superior to another it comes down to your coaches and your players. I understand teams switching when they basically have to rebuilt their entire defense and have no top tier guys. But when you have a defense that worked quite well last year changing it doesn't make much sense to me. Granted you have Orakpo and this will probably utilize him even better but at the same time how does everyone else fit in. He was still able to rack up a nice number of sacks last year so the upside IMO is kind of limited. How many more sacks reasonably justifies putting everyone else into new positions.