Photo
- - - - -

Eagles' Jackson remains oddly silent

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,910 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

Grotz
Eagles' Jackson remains oddly silent

Published: Saturday, July 31, 2010

By BOB GROTZ, Of the Times Staff

BETHLEHEM – It’s obvious now the Eagles like their Pro Bowl wide receiver/punt returner quiet.

DeSean Jackson blew off a harmless "How you doing?” on the way into practice Friday in classic "shhhhhhhhhhh” form, an index finger in front of his mouth.

When veterans reported Thursday, Jackson dodged the media wanting to know why he skipped the last week of organized team activities.

"I think he just wants to concentrate on football,” Eagles head coach Andy Reid said. "I don’t think he wants to be disrupted by --- I guess any questions about the contract or anything else. He’s focused in and he’s in a good place. You saw him out here today. He had one play here where he felt like he read the play the wrong way and he got very angry at himself. He’s ripping and ready to go. He did a great job on his conditioning tests. I think he just wants to focus on football. He loves to play. I think that’s where he’s at right now. He’s all business right now. And that’s a good thing.”

Jackson is the first player to make the Pro Bowl at two spots. Initially the Eagles made it clear to him he’s deserving of an adjustment but that it would be discussed at a future date.

Jackson may not be enamored about returning punts without a new contract, as the added duty could increase his chances of injury.

Asked if Jackson would be the team’s No. 1 punt returner this season, Reid hedged like he did when saying Donovan McNabb was his starter after the 2009 season.

Said Reid: "Right now, yes.”