#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,610 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Let's make this productive, gang. Thanks.
  • jaruizcha likes this

#2 SP

SP

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

• Banned
  • 10,973 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Here's a concern: You feed us a line of crap about how you care about the fans and making this the best fan experience ever- and then you flip an update on us without even warning the fans OR your moderating team.

Great organizational and leadership skills there.
  • VaBeach_Eagle and NFLGimpy like this

#3 lorddevn

lorddevn

Wolfman's got nards!!

• Members
  • 17,133 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

These boards suck, they don't suck as bad as the ones from April, but they suck very much more than the one we had a week ago, that is all

#4 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • 40,610 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Great productivity. Thanks for staying classy
  • Moderator2, Procus, E-Rex and 3 others like this

#5 BDAWK_4EVER

BDAWK_4EVER

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

everything looks very cluttered, many people are still missing avs, and i have yet to figure out what any of the "new features" are

#6 imp81318

imp81318

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,576 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Would it be more productive and classy if we just said everything was great? Maybe give you a bunch of positive feedback?
  • fredex likes this

#7 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Dave, I for one, say you are doing a great job and under enormous pressure from our fan base. Hang in there...with us...Dave.

#8 Newmann

Newmann

Annoying Clone used to Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Team:Jets

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

where are the star ratings?

#9 Scottybobo

Scottybobo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

It's much more appealing visually. Much better than before.

#10 KOJO

KOJO

Uh-uh.

• Members
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I don't like this "upgrade" at all. As others have said, the layout is too cluttered. The report button is where the reply button used to be. The subtitles have been reduced to obscurity. Some threads show that they are locked or have been moved like this one when clearly they are not; those same threads also do not allow for the ability to go to the last read post. The indicator of whether you've posted in a particular thread is something that either I'm not seeing or no longer exists. The forum navigation is cumbersome as opposed to the old drop-down menu. And of course the avatars are a huge problem.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but there were other things I noted that bothered me as well. Will post more if I think of them.

#11 KOJO

KOJO

Uh-uh.

• Members
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

OK, here's something else. Now when I attempt to go to the last read post of a thread I've previously been in, it takes me to last post I read in that thread the first time I logged on today which was hours ago. I've cleared my cache so it's not my browser either.

#12 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Dave, when you post using the EMB the cursor thinks you are using one of the menu options up above. Sometimes it will start to underline, sometimes it will use bold, or with a line through your words. Strange. Also, when your vote on a post through OTI it does not show the vote...only under the EMB do you notice the vote.

#13 SP

SP

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

• Banned
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Excuse me, dope, but I don't think I was the one to drop the ball. You and your team did. You did not learn from the last time you tried to update: you cannot "upgrade" the system and bring EVERYBODY along for the ride. Anyone that has ever worked in systems integration knows that you have to work out all of the bugs before you convert everybody over.

And to not include your moderating team was stupid. Way to go.

#14 SP

SP

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

• Banned
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Dave, I for one, say you are doing a great job and under enormous pressure from our fan base. Hang in there...with us...Dave.

Hi Dave. How many other accounts do you have? Now you sound like Chris Steuber.................................................

#15 GangGreen*2011*

GangGreen*2011*

Moves Like Shady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Here's a concern: You feed us a line of crap about how you care about the fans and making this the best fan experience ever- and then you flip an update on us without even warning the fans OR your moderating team.

Great organizational and leadership skills there.

These boards suck, they don't suck as bad as the ones from April, but they suck very much more than the one we had a week ago, that is all

Knowing how technology is/are these days, I expect website updates pretty much yearly.
Some are needed and some don't. But I can't complain because that's just how things are these days.
I know some of you old-timers don't move on with the times as quickly as others, but please understand.
I know you are frustrated, and sometimes I am frustrated when a website I like decide to move things around.

But one thing I have learned is to be as open-minded as I can and just figure where things went.
Is it a pain? Absolutely, but if you guys care so much about blogging/posting here, you might as well take the time.

Again, it's not a convenient thing, but I have done so with pretty much every website time and again.
Saying things like "it sucks" or "crap" will not help anyone. In reality, it sounds quite childish and whiny to me.
(I'm assuming most here are adults, but if there are innocent ignorant kids here, QUIT YOUR WHINING!)

There were valid, constructive criticisms provided. People mentioned how posts seemed cluttered, the background
colors of gray and white making it hard to distinguish between posts. I myself agree with their assessment.
I wish for that issue to be corrected as well. But wishing to just have the old board back is just not happening.

And for people who keep putting up stupid conspiracy theories such as 'these boards suck because the team sucks'
or 'Juan Castillo must have hired these web designers', is just unbelievably absurd and immature.
I know humor and sarcasm when I see them every day on this board, but there is nothing humorous about that.

Thank you to people who have provided "productive" comments and constructive criticisms.
I'm sure the aliens techies are doing the best they can to make this the best board in the league.
People that whine should just quit, be disregarded and post somewhere else if you find this too irritating.

Remember, it's a message board people. Take it lightly :rock: .

Added at 6:58pm:

Excuse me, dope, but I don't think I was the one to drop the ball. You and your team did. You did not learn from the last time you tried to update: you cannot "upgrade" the system and bring EVERYBODY along for the ride. Anyone that has ever worked in systems integration knows that you have to work out all of the bugs before you convert everybody over.

I know you are frustrated. I know you are irritated. I know your balls are getting hot. I know your hairs are falling out.
I also know this is an informal, open and public message board. But can you at least argue or talk like an adult?
You can't argue using a child's vocabulary like 'dope' or 'crap'.

Ok. Over and Out.
  • DDD1952 and frenchladyfan like this

#16 SP

SP

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

• Banned
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Knowing how technology is/are these days, I expect website updates pretty much yearly.
Some are needed and some don't. But I can't complain because that's just how things are these days.
I know some of you old-timers don't move on with the times as quickly as others, but please understand.
I know you are frustrated, and sometimes I am frustrated when a website I like decide to move things around.

Added at 6:58pm:

I know you are frustrated. I know you are irritated. I know your balls are getting hot. I know your hairs are falling out.
I also know this is an informal, open and public message board. But can you at least argue or talk like an adult?
You can't argue using a child's vocabulary like 'dope' or 'crap'.

Ok. Over and Out.

:roll:

I'm 21-years-old. I'm probably more involved with implementing IT system upgrades than you are. And when you have an entity that does not even let those that are critical to the success of the website (the moderators) know that an update with potential bugs is going to occur, that entity deserves to get flamed. You see people bishing about the Facebook Timeline update, but the company took the time to explain the changes that were going to occur and what the users could expect to see. You hear people complaining about the Timeline itself, but not about any bugs involving the update. Wonder why that might be? Because the Facebook team took the time to research the update, implement it in a cloud quarantine zone, and then work out the bugs WELL BEFORE putting the change out to its general users.

The EMB team flipped this change on its users and moderators and THEN asked us to find the bugs. That's COMPLETELY unprofessional. THAT is what we are complaining about, not the fact that the board is updating, but the fact that they are updating the board before seeing how the changes would affect everybody.

They made the same mistake last time and, given the failure of that attempt, you would think they would learn. They don't deserve us to curb our criticism, because 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.' They clearly have no idea what they're doing. When you update something, there should not be a list of twenty to thirty things that the general body of users have to sort through and help the team implementing the changes correct. There should only be one to three quirks, max.
  • DDD1952 likes this

#17 GangGreen*2011*

GangGreen*2011*

Moves Like Shady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Wow, that's better.
You just went from sounding like a whiny, clueless 12-year old boy
to a much more respectable 30-year old adult with a list of grievances.

Question though: you sound like you've worked in the business but you're only 21.
You're in college and working at the same time?</p>

#18 GT500

GT500

Belongs in RnR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

the 21 yr, old SP is owning Dave, he's gonna cave, I am the senate

#19 AP

AP

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,859 posts
  • Fan Since:1492

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Do you always b*tch about something that is given to you? I can imagine how you would act if you actually had to pay for it.
  • Procus likes this

#20 GT500

GT500

Belongs in RnR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

AP, you are so stupid

#21 AP

AP

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,859 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

AP, you are so stupid

Please learn me smart a**

#22 GT500

GT500

Belongs in RnR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

What, Im sorry, I offended you, please take my apology, I have gas

#23 AP

AP

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,859 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

What, Im sorry, I offended you, please take my apology, I have gas

I don't get offended. You said I was stupid, I simply asked in my own way why you called me stupid.

Take Gas X

#24 GT500

GT500

Belongs in RnR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Lick sack

#25 Cheesesteakitis

Cheesesteakitis

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

glad i dont spend much time here anymore.

#26 SP

SP

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

• Banned
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Wow, that's better.
You just went from sounding like a whiny, clueless 12-year old boy
to a much more respectable 30-year old adult with a list of grievances.

Question though: you sound like you've worked in the business but you're only 21.
You're in college and working at the same time?

I've got my degree now, but when I was in college I worked in the IT department. I was the administrative assistant to the Associate Director of ITS.

Do you always b*tch about something that is given to you? I can imagine how you would act if you actually had to pay for it.

Do you always lick the sacks of those who make decisions?

I do pay for this. I pay for this by purchasing NFL memorabilia, I pay my cable bill (which includes NFL Network), and I am subjected to online advertisements on the website. Do you think a company would pay for advertisements on a site that does not receive any hits? Of course not. We all pay for this.

#27 AP

AP

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,859 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Do you always lick the sacks of those who make decisions?

I do pay for this. I pay for this by purchasing NFL memorabilia, I pay my cable bill (which includes NFL Network), and I am subjected to online advertisements on the website. Do you think a company would pay for advertisements on a site that does not receive any hits? Of course not. We all pay for this.

Someone with a degree going around saying lick sack. Should I comment with something on the level of SP mades the funnies!!11!?

Here's some info you should already know. Use an adblock and you won't be subjected to any online advertisements. Spam folder for the email. Purchasing NFL memorabilia doesn't grant you a message board. Paying your cable bill grants you the continued service of cable not ownership of a message board. I doubt the Eagles nor Dave forced the NFL Network on you.

Lastly, I don't recall the Eagles or Dave sending me an invoice for this MB.

You have a degree, at least act like it.
  • frenchladyfan likes this

#28 SP

SP

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

• Banned
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Someone with a degree going around saying lick sack. Should I comment with something on the level of SP mades the funnies!!11!?

Here's some info you should already know. Use an adblock and you won't be subjected to any online advertisements. Spam folder for the email. Purchasing NFL memorabilia doesn't grant you a message board. Paying your cable bill grants you the continued service of cable not ownership of a message board. I doubt the Eagles nor Dave forced the NFL Network on you.

Lastly, I don't recall the Eagles or Dave sending me an invoice for this MB.

You have a degree, at least act like it.

You don't think the team makes money off the website?

You sir need a lesson in reality.

#29 AP

AP

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,859 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

You don't think the team makes money off the website?

You sir need a lesson in reality.

I didn't say that they didn't. They are not making off of me though.

#30 SP

SP

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

• Banned
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

I didn't say that they didn't. They are not making off of me though.

# of Hits = Digital Media & Advertising criteria. Yes, they do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: invision, upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users