DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

1,609 posts in this topic

- please do something about the search feature being "disabled at this time". you can't watch new content or do anything really, without it working properly.

I can get used to the upgrade but something that I see as a requirement and is currently missing is the ability to see which threads I've posted in.

Dave, I've dealt with Invision since 2003 and I know how they operate, they come out with "upgrades" probably a couple times per year. Please, please, please don't follow their advice and upgrade the board every time they come out with a new version. The previous version was working very well and was less than a year old (here at the EMB).

There's an old saying, "Better is the enemy of best". The EMB is the best message board in the NFL and that's not just coming from me as an Eagles fan, Giants and Cowboy fans have said that that is the reason they post here every day. Don't let a "better version" destroy the best board in the league.

Let us never forget the April 1st, 2011... the EMB's Day of Infamy.

If you have the database still intact from before this upgrade happened, change back.

I see that this forum has the feature turned on now that shows us which threads we've posted in, as you can see in this image (it's the little star):

star.jpg

Now we just need to get it turned on in the rest of the EMB.

Dude what are you smoking? The last time was a complete cluster**** from start to finish. Even the mods threw in the towel and said they could not work with this.

But this is a good troll attempt.

what are you talking about. I acknowledged as much. It was a total failure. But not for lack of trying last time. You dont remember the warning months in advance, and mods talking about working on saving post counts, join dates, etc before the switch? There was warning of what to expect, and months of preparation. It just didnt work.

This time they went about it a lot differently, and even though its not as bad, I think the way they did things is what has people overreacting and upset.

Would it be more productive and classy if we just said everything was great? Maybe give you a bunch of positive feedback?
Or how about not being a f'ing A-Hole about it? He wants feedback to improve the board and all morons like yourself do is bish about it instead of saying something productive.
1 person likes this

Or how about not being a f'ing A-Hole about it? He wants feedback to improve the board and all morons like yourself do is bish about it instead of saying something productive.

Well if all of the feedback was as positive as he said it was, then there shouldn't be a lot to improve with the board, right? I mean, hey, I'm all for providing feedback to improve the board, but don't piss in my glass and tell me it is lemonade. He gets snide remarks and comments from me because he insults my intelligence by making comments like 'the feedback has been largely positive' when there are major problems with the board even after almost a week of working on the 'upgrades'.

Well if all of the feedback was as positive as he said it was, then there shouldn't be a lot to improve with the board, right? I mean, hey, I'm all for providing feedback to improve the board, but don't piss in my glass and tell me it is lemonade. He gets snide remarks and comments from me because he insults my intelligence by making comments like 'the feedback has been largely positive' when there are major problems with the board even after almost a week of working on the 'upgrades'.

This, Dave. Stay classy yourself, because the only feedback I've seen has been neutral (useful, but no better than the last board) or negative. I'm not a moron, I can read all of the complaining in every section of the message board. You can't lie to us and tell us that it's been a positive experiences. You dopes didn't even warn your damn moderators!

:roll: :roll:

Yeah, these boards work great!

Is that why I'm still posting in a locked thread?

:roll:

regarding email notifications : when following a forum, no email when new topics are created. the other notifications seem to be ok.

Censorship. There is one moderator who removes phrases like "drink the I need to find a new cliche" and adds his/her own comment instead. Childish & offensive. Occasionally, I'll submit a post which never appears--censorship or glitch? nice to see an error message if there was an "error"--rather than wonder if some twit moderator censored your

There are dozens of profanity filters that kick in if you type something that we don't allow. The K**l-Aid one is among them because people were spamming the boards with it. Leave the moderators out of this. They aren't doing anything to your posts.

which mod censored your post? and are you going to do something about it?

Another thing I just noticed- according to the icons, this thread has been moved from the "Ask Dave Spadaro" forum and is currently locked. When I open it though, it allows me to post, and the 'tree' indicates that it is still in "Ask Dave Spadaro" forum. It also does not show up any differently when there are new posts since my last visit than it does when there are not any new posts.

yeah this thread is screwed up on so many levels.

How a message board needs days to turn on certain functions just shows the poor underlying coding.

Every message board is plug and go. Except Demand Media.

Are the software changes to EMB being driven by the Eagles, or NFL.com to make all sites uniform?

I see that this forum has the feature turned on now that shows us which threads we've posted in, as you can see in this image (it's the little star):

star.jpg

Now we just need to get it turned on in the rest of the EMB.

There are threads in this forum that are showing that indicator for me yet I haven't posted in them.

Are the software changes to EMB being driven by the Eagles, or NFL.com to make all sites uniform?

Give that man a cigar. These boards resemble in appearance at least, the boards that were pulled during last year's debacle.

1 person likes this

Give that man a cigar. These boards resemble in appearance at least, the boards that were pulled during last year's debacle.

Yes...last year was the 'April Fools Day' disaster. This year is the 'St. Valentine's Day' massacre.

Yes...last year was the 'April Fools Day' disaster. This year is the 'St. Valentine's Day' massacre.

Which do you think is worse?

Which do you think is worse?

Last year was worse. The site lost many posters and NEVER really recovered. Many of the OTI users went to other sites. Now, this year's changes w/o any notice makes many people feel like we are not a part of the decision making process.

Great productivity. Thanks for staying classy

Why are expected to stay classy when you post responses like this to innocent questions:

So, let's have an intelligent conversation for a quick second. It's February, and you think the Eagles are saying, "What position do we most want to improve in the first round of the draft?" Really? Do you think anybody in their right mind would have that thought prior to the Combine, free agency and any trade possibilities? How do you think this business works? I am asking seriously. It is a day-by-day process. Oh, they have a draft board and it's going to change quite a bit, but the draft is still two months and a week-plus away.

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_16378950', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_16378950', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '16378950' }, parseInt('0') );

what are they? i have yet to figure out anything past the new navigation thing. could you post a list of the new features? for the record i'm not a fan of this change, like it would matter anyway lol

Great productivity. Thanks for staying classy

You're welcome, thanks for F'n up the boards again

Last year was worse. The site lost many posters and NEVER really recovered. Many of the OTI users went to other sites. Now, this year's changes w/o any notice makes many people feel like we are not a part of the decision making process.

You are not going to have a choice in the decision making process but the problem was going with a company who has a very poor reputation in their industry.

1 person likes this