DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

1,641 posts in this topic

Links links links - link shortcut doesn't seem to allow us to shorten names for links.

Please use the single thread that is pinned here for all EMB talk.

Hard to find your profile now. I have to remember for now I am on page 486 of the letter P......many users under letter P are no longer members...

.how about the mods clean up the list.....send an email to all members asking to respond or they're name will be removed in 30 days....

Use only pics now.....avatars are gone ! Why?

What the heck. I thought we voted against all this the last time a change was made..... :thumbsdown:

The mods are busy with MUCH more important issues, like finding a cure for cancer ... and fixing the bug that won't allow you to add an avatar.

Dave, whenever Dyanmic Duo posts from mobile, like quoted post below, he gets (null) at the end of his posts. It is quite annoying, but at least he can get on mobile unlike me...

What Nike shoes do you guys? I'm ordering a pair of the Nike Frees I used to run with Nike Pegasus.

(null)

Links links links - link shortcut doesn't seem to allow us to shorten names for links.

Just type in whatever word you want the link shortened to, highlight it, and then click the insert link button and paste in the url. The code is:

[url="http://www.google.com"]Click Here[/url] 

Which results in: Click Here

Just type in whatever word you want the link shortened to, highlight it, and then click the insert link button and paste in the url. The code is:

[url="http://www.google.com"]Click Here[/url] 

Which results in: Click Here

i was aware of the code, not of the 'highlight and insert' manoeuvre. thanks a bunch for this.

Dave, whenever Dyanmic Duo posts from mobile, like quoted post below, he gets (null) at the end of his posts. It is quite annoying, but at least he can get on mobile unlike me...

People can get on mobile? Hmmm, I wonder if it's based on my system then. I'm on an android. Shoulda bought an iphone apparently.

so the people with apple phones get a mobile version ?

android phones clearly don't get access to a mobile version, it's a pain to post from a mobile but it works. the layout is desktop and horrible, though.

please please fix it.

Is the pull down menu ever going to make a come back?

Is the pull down menu ever going to make a come back?

What pull down menu?

List has been sent to Invision. Look for changes in the coming days. Thanks.

:huh:

In the top right corner, next to view new content, there is a little symbol that looks like the facebook checkin icon. Click that and you can jump to anywhere on the boards.

Its been there all along.

List has been sent to Invision. Look for changes in the coming days. Thanks.

Dave,

Was there not a list of current features or a wish list you wanted when you moved to the new board? Why would things be removed for a week during an "upgrade?" Why wouldn't you at LEAST have the basic functions of the previous board carry over, and then add some "upgrades?" That makes no sense.

I recently helped two organizations move software platforms and update websites and we planned ahead and had our laundry list of what we need it to be, had story boards and still photos/graphics of what things should look like, and before going live had it running on the back end to test out all the features and when things were ready, went live.

Why, why, why can't a professional football team's message board do this? You guys messed up in epic fashion last April. Why didn't you learn from that?

Dave,

Was there not a list of current features or a wish list you wanted when you moved to the new board? Why would things be removed for a week during an "upgrade?" Why wouldn't you at LEAST have the basic functions of the previous board carry over, and then add some "upgrades?" That makes no sense.

I recently helped two organizations move software platforms and update websites and we planned ahead and had our laundry list of what we need it to be, had story boards and still photos/graphics of what things should look like, and before going live had it running on the back end to test out all the features and when things were ready, went live.

Why, why, why can't a professional football team's message board do this? You guys messed up in epic fashion last April. Why didn't you learn from that?

I think what probably happened was that Invision updated Invision Power Board in just a general upgrade, like that do probably two or three times a year. Then someone at invision decided to ask if the EMB would like to upgrade or someone suggested that it was a good idea.

Then the upgrade was pushed out to the board without thought to what was being lost or without proper testing by Invision to ensure that the release was ready for public use.

I really like the Invision message board software but their constant "upgrades" get to be too much. Dave, PLEASE don't upgrade every time Invision comes out with a new version. In just over two years, dating back to December 2009, this is their 'upgrade' history (from emails I get from them):

December 9, 2009:

"We are pleased to announce Invision Power Board 3.0.5 has been released."

June 1, 2010:

"Invision Power Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of IP.Board 3.1.0 and its Applications!"

June 15, 2010:

"Invision Power Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of IP.Board 3.1.1 and its Applications"

July 20, 2010:

"Invision Power Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of IP.Board 3.1.2 and its Applications!"

October 26, 2010:

"Invision Power Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of IP.Board 3.1.3"

July 25, 2011:

IP.Board 3.2 and Applications Released!

Everyone at IPS is very proud of IP.Board 3.2.0 and the Application updates. We have worked hard to create a quality, modern community platform and the feedback from our clients has been tremendous.

August 9, 2011:

IP.Board 3.2.1, IP.Calendar 3.2.1, IP.Content 2.2.1, and IP.Nexus 1.3.1 Released

October 18, 2011:

Invision Power Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of IP.Board 3.2.3, IP.Calendar 3.2.2, IP.Downloads 2.4.2, and IP.Content 2.2.2!

1 person likes this

Like I said in the other thread (in case you don't see that post), there's no reason to go to the member list. Just click your username at the top of any page and click "My Profile" or click your name in any thread that you've posted in.

Found it, thanks. Any news on the use of avatars coming back to us? My Eagles Flag looked so nice waving :towel:

maybe there are business issues that we are not aware of, between pe.com and invision that is, that makes it sort of mandatory to go with the flow of 'upgrades'.

but regardless of what happens behind closed doors, if i were you dave, i'd kick their arse BIG TIME, for this is absolutely no way of treating customers. i'm assuming you pay for invision, and as a paying customer you should RAISE HELL.

now, as to have you guys have handled this. again, there is miscommunication, as there was last year. if i were me, i'd kick your arse BIG TIME, for this is absolutely no way of treating emb members. (!!!!!!!!) no seriously. you should have let us know in advance that there would be upsets and kinks to iron out, and i put this delicately.

then of course there will always be issues, but maybe the malcontentment (?) would have been kept to an acceptable level.

anyway, thanks for forwarding to invision and i hope that they get their *** together and deliver asap, and quality too.

maybe there are business issues that we are not aware of, between pe.com and invision that is, that makes it sort of mandatory to go with the flow of 'upgrades'.

I've done business with Invision for nearly a decade (and know others that have for nearly as long) and while I can't speak to the specifics here, upgrades have always been optional. Even to the point where when they stop supporting a version that is several years old, they didn't require upgrading.

I've done business with Invision for nearly a decade (and know others that have for nearly as long) and while I can't speak to the specifics here, upgrades have always been optional. Even to the point where when they stop supporting a version that is several years old, they didn't require upgrading.

it was not to be taken literally. it was my way of cutting this webteam some slack, as they do an amazing work, and of reminding everyone that we are not owed anything, that we are willing members, and that all it takes is a bit of patience and perspective. i guess i should have been less subtle ! ;)

it was not to be taken literally. it was my way of cutting this webteam some slack, as they do an amazing work, and of reminding everyone that we are not owed anything, that we are willing members, and that all it takes is a bit of patience and perspective. i guess i should have been less subtle ! ;)

No, I wouldn't suggest that we're 'owed' anything. Nothing more than any customer base is owed anyway. But at the same time, keep in mind that the membership was asked to give feedback and post questions/concerns. Feedback, questions and concerns can be positive or they can be negative and after the April Fools Day Massacre of a year ago, you can probably bet there'll be many negatives when changes are made around here now lol.

Many of us have been coming here for well over a decade (since 2000 or 2001 or so for me), I love to see improvements but I hate to see an upgrade that actually downgrades the overall experience. At this point, I really only have one 'complaint' (so far) and that's the loss of the ability to see which threads we've already posted in.

With Invision averaging about 4 new versions of their software each year though, I'd really hate to see the EMB burn through even half of those new versions. There's a very old saying that is probably universal around the world... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

2 people like this

i fail to see the relevance of 'we have been coming here for a long time', as far as quality of changes is involved. a new member is as valuable as an old one, in my view. it may not be dave's view, i don't know.

i fail to see where i was saying that feedback wasn't welcome. i voiced my remarks, as everybody else. i just happen to think that there is a way to do this, and my first post today was a manner of telling dave that he hadn't handled that the best way possible, that most definitely invision hadn't, and that we as members hadn't handled that the best way possible either.

as for the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', it's good that most things in life don't go by that adage, lest progress would be stymied. geeez.

mine was a peaceful post, with tongue in cheek, managing to say a few sharp truths without hammering them down dave's throat. that's all it was.

communicating on this forum has become harrowing, really. you can't voice an opinion that tries to take into account different sides of a debate, one simply can't. annoying.