DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

1,609 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I looked for that and couldn't find it in the short search that I made. I was able to get my post through using my tabled though, but it still did the 'screen pop up' thing. This version definitely has its bugs, which is why I hate 'upgrades'.

At least this time we got some improved features and functionality and the bugs are minor compared to previous iterations.

Just now, NOTW said:

At least this time we got some improved features and functionality and the bugs are minor compared to previous iterations.

Yeah, but we still don't have the old Eagles Live back yet... <_< 

One thing I like is I can post twice in less than 2 minutes without another person adding a reply, and have the posts added separately without combining. Helps with post count, which is life. 

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

One thing I like is I can post twice in less than 2 minutes without another person adding a reply, and have the posts added separately without combining. Helps with post count, which is life. 

They could have had it that way on the old board too, but opted to combine them for some reason, which was pretty annoying when I'd post multiple 'political pictures' in the proper thread for that sort of thing. I didn't want them combined together, each one needed its own thread. So I'd have to wait 2 minutes between each one.

On 9/20/2016 at 2:27 PM, NOTW said:

Hitting enter makes everything double spaced.  So you can't make a list of items without it being double spaced unless you use bullet points.  This makes the post too long.  I don't see a setting to change to single spaced.

If you're on a PC, hold down "Shift" while hitting "Enter" to single space.

57 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

If you're on a PC, hold down "Shift" while hitting "Enter" to single space.

Each time manually?  No permanent setting?  This is the current year!

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Each time manually?  No permanent setting?  This is the current year!

duct-tape.jpg

The explanation I saw was that 4.x fixed a paragraph HTML tag bug from 3.x, and the only way to "put the bug back in" is to edit the stylesheet.

20 hours ago, Moderator5 said:

The explanation I saw was that 4.x fixed a paragraph HTML tag bug from 3.x, and the only way to "put the bug back in" is to edit the stylesheet.

Why did you turn the post merging feature?

1 person likes this

On 9/20/2016 at 7:40 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

So much for this idea. <_<

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So much for this idea. <_<

Yeah, put that back. I HATE the merging posts.

Just now, NOTW said:

Yeah, put that back. I HATE the merging posts.

Ditto.

Mods, we want the merging posts option takes away! I will not watch another Eagles game, until this is changed!

Or until 4:25 PM eastern time, whichever comes first, but please change this back.

On 9/22/2016 at 8:53 PM, Moderator5 said:

Single or double space should be pretty basic to adjust.

Thank you for fixing the post merging. That's really annoying in game day threads when you might get a double or triple post within a minute or so.

Post merging is for anything back-to-back within 1 minute.  If you wait longer than 1 minute, it'll be separate posts.

On 9/25/2016 at 3:38 PM, NOTW said:

Single or double space should be pretty basic to adjust.

It isn't a setting in the admin console. The web people would need to basically "break" the stylesheet. If you're familiar with HTML, the 3.x version wasn't using the <P> paragraph tag correctly, and this was fixed in the newer version, which is what causes the "double space" when hitting Enter.

2 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Post merging is for anything back-to-back within 1 minute.  If you wait longer than 1 minute, it'll be separate posts.

Could you shorten that to like 20 seconds?

I get that it's probably for the game day threads to not slow things down or whatever.  But sometimes you want to reply to people without multi-quote or having posts confused as to who is talking to who, and you don't want to leave the thread open and wait a minute (I know, a real first world problem there).

29 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

I'm pretty sure I posted back to back in a thread earlier and it wasn't merged, but it's possible that I took longer than a minute. Ideally, that would be shortened to 15 seconds. In threads like the game day thread, 1 minute is an eternity.

33 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Aren't other people posting within that minute?

It depends on the game. The Eagles game, very much so. A random, run of the mill game in ATNFL, not always. I've posted a comment about '1st down', then another one about '2nd down' and they were merged, which re-sets its merging timer. So when 3rd down comes up... guess what?

On 9/20/2016 at 11:27 AM, NOTW said:

Hitting enter makes everything double spaced.  So you can't make a list of items without it being double spaced unless you use bullet points.  This makes the post too long.  I don't see a setting to change to single spaced.

I've noticed that same problem.  Is there an physical alternative to hitting Enter?  What is the keyboard shortcut for adding a line feed?

21 hours ago, Moderator5 said:

It isn't a setting in the admin console. The web people would need to basically "break" the stylesheet. If you're familiar with HTML, the 3.x version wasn't using the <P> paragraph tag correctly, and this was fixed in the newer version, which is what causes the "double space" when hitting Enter.

Can we enter the <p> tag in a post to produce a single spaced new line? 

Alternatively what about using <l> as opposed to <p> ?

2 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Can we enter the <p> tag in a post to produce a single spaced new line? 

Alternatively what about using <l> as opposed to <p> ?

HTML embedding would have to be unblocked in the ACP and with the possibility of injecting malware, I wouldn't anticipate them unblocking HTML embedding.

33 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I've noticed that same problem.  Is there an physical alternative to hitting Enter?  What is the keyboard shortcut for adding a line feed?

Shift + enter, but who wants to do that every time they post?

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Shift + enter, but who wants to do that every time they post?

I definitely don't want to do it every time, but when editing a list in a post, knowing that that is an option is a big help.

Thanks.