Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckudrick

New Orleans Saints Had Bounty Program

163 posts in this topic

the saints will have a huge target on their back this upcoming season.

There was absolutely nothing hush hush about what the Eagles did. One of them told the opposing coach! I would assume the Ravens were similar. The only difference is that it wasnt reported. Did you watch James Harrison hit Eric Decker?

PFT's coverage of this story has been strange.

The difference is that the Saints organized it over the course of the entire season.

The Eagles had an issue going with an opposing team that was a rival. The Saints were putting out bounties on anyone and everyone. I also didn't say that other teams weren't doing it.

You must be a Saints fan.

WHO DAT GUNNA INJURE THAT QB!?!?

Make Drew Brees become a FA.

Even though you're joking it is a very clever idea. I don't know that you could jam them any harder than that as far as short term goes.

Nothing wrong with it. The defense has to attack the QB....The offense has to defend their QB. It's simple. I'm tired of the pussifacation of the NHL already. These players know what they signed up for.

This is inner city gang like behavior and Gregg Williams is the ring leader and this is exactly why he skated out of NO when he did. Rodger Goodell needs to annihilate this gang and get them out of the league. Jail for ALL involved as well as one million dollar fines across the board.

The saints are no longer the leagues little darling. They won't get away with murder anymore.

I wonder how much Dunta Robinson was paid for his head shots the past couple years.

1 person likes this

I wonder how much Dunta Robinson was paid for his head shots the past couple years.

THIS!

This is inner city gang like behavior and Gregg Williams is the ring leader and this is exactly why he skated out of NO when he did. Rodger Goodell needs to annihilate this gang and get them out of the league. Jail for ALL involved as well as one million dollar fines across the board.

The saints are no longer the leagues little darling. They won't get away with murder anymore.

Please. Patriots got away with murder, they'll get away with attempted murder.

I live with 2 Vikings fans. They're absolutely livid right now about the hits on Favre

I'm sure that bounties on players are pretty common amongst NFL defenses. The big difference with the Saints though, and I mean big difference is that they got caught.

Yeah, getting caught is the worst thing about this deal. Right or wrong, every single hater's criticism of the franchise just got fastracked to legitimacy, after all we've done as a franchise to pull away from mediocrity.

Maybe we'll pull a Patriots and run off a 16-0 as a big middle finger to the league? :smoke:

Shows how stupid fans are. Fine, suspensions, and loss of draft picks? LOL. Pussification of the NFL alright. The commish has gotten to his fan base.

You're crazy. The NFL can't allow this in this era that is becoming increasingly aware of the dangers of concussions and so forth. The punishment needs to be very stern so that other teams don't follow suit, or abolish their current programs.

It was probably to cover up the fact that their defense sucks. Since this BS has been happening for the past three seasons, I say General Goodell strip them of their first round picks over the next three seasons (not including this year since they traded it). Greg Williams is an arrogant jerk...always has been.

The Saints are the media darlings because of a natural disaster that occured 7 years ago. I hope someone goes low on Drew Brees' knees and knocks him out for the season. That gray haired POS Roman Harper could stand to get the treatment Ed Reed got from Hines Ward some years back. Effing hate that team.

take back the lombardi trophy.

Haha, good luck with that. The Pats didn't lose it for CHEATING, we're not going to lose it over this.

We'll get a nice spanking over it soon enough, just be patient.

I love people defending this. Injuries happen its part of the game. But they by no means should be intentionally trying to hurt someone. You could easily ruin someone's career and for what a grand? Ridiculous.

Who's defending this? It's a pretty embarrasing and damaging story, and that's the best thing you can say about it.

Some people are just being honest and mentioning that it's a bigger and more common issue than just the one team that got caught.

Someone in PFT's comments pointed something out that's a very good point, if the coaches were rewarding players with extra cash then that's a violation of the salary cap. If it's not, then it should be.

Someone in PFT's comments pointed something out that's a very good point, if the coaches were rewarding players with extra cash then that's a violation of the salary cap. If it's not, then it should be.

It most certainly is a violation of the cap. It's a double whammy they're dealing with here.