Photo
- - - - -

New Orleans Saints Had Bounty Program

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
162 replies to this topic

#151 DoctorWhom

DoctorWhom

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think bounties are good for the game. More teams should do this! I'm sick of hearing about this bounty bs...It is time for the NFL and other sports "news" networks to stop speaking of it b/c I could care less if the Saints had been wearing panty hose over their heads while knocking QBs out of games!

#152 Paul852

Paul852

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,407 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Shows how stupid fans are. Fine, suspensions, and loss of draft picks? LOL. Pussification of the NFL alright. The commish has gotten to his fan base.

You people who claim this "pussification" of the NFL are fools with absolutely no foresight. Teams build their franchise around their star QBs, WRs, and RBs. The NFL would turn into a mediocre product if we allowed scumbags like Buddy Ryan/Gregg Williams to INTENTIONALLY injure them/end their career. This isn't about preventing someone from getting blown up on a great hit, it's to prevent cheap shots and late hits with intent to injure. It's a Fing sport. Sometimes I think you people forget that.

#153 Paul852

Paul852

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,407 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

You know I don't care if they were giving out bounties for Illegal hits then that is different but to cry about legal hits in football is ludicrous I mean do you not want big hits any more? Do you not want players to make contact? Rewarding a player for a good hit on a star player is a good thing it keeps this elevation system these owneres and the commisioner want to set in place, where we praise The QB and jeer everyone else on the field. If you want **** calls and soft demeanors then go to a baseball or basketball game, I applaud the saints if the hits rwarded were legal.

They get plenty of rewards in their contracts. Not to mention the fact that they should get a penalty for paying players more than what their number shows against the salary cap.

#154 wrestlevessel

wrestlevessel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Bounty on Eli :excited:

#155 Eagle Jeff

Eagle Jeff

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

NFL network running another piece suggesting criminal charges should be brought against those involved and that Federal judges should be handing out the sentences. I've said since the beginning that Congress needs to get involved in this and work along side the commissioner to see that the Saints are punished to the full extent of Federal law.

#156 Paul852

Paul852

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,407 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

NFL network running another piece suggesting criminal charges should be brought against those involved and that Federal judges should be handing out the sentences. I've said since the beginning that Congress needs to get involved in this and work along side the commissioner to see that the Saints are punished to the full extent of Federal law.

Ok, now that's extreme.

#157 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55,667 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

Ok, now that's extreme.

In any other setting, evidence of bounties to hurt the employees of a competing business would bring criminal charges.

#158 rage114

rage114

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,786 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

But it is not another setting.

Criminal charges are extreme. However, anything and everything less than that would not be. If they were all banned for life, I wouldn't think it was extreme for example.

#159 Paul852

Paul852

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,407 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

In any other setting, evidence of bounties to hurt the employees of a competing business would bring criminal charges.

Oh come on :lol:. That's near impossible to prove in a contact sport where the intent is to tackle. It's not like a Fedex guy trying to take out a DHL delivery guy.

#160 heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,971 posts
  • Fan Since:Before you

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2013.

#161 watson1195

watson1195

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

wow. Saints got punished hard. Sean Payton suspended for a year and they lose mulitple draft picks. Plus, all of the players that got suspended.

#162 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55,667 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Oh come on :lol:. That's near impossible to prove in a contact sport where the intent is to tackle. It's not like a Fedex guy trying to take out a DHL delivery guy.

No, it's more like Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan.

#163 Captain F

Captain F

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,378 posts
  • Fan Since:No Condom

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I can see..

Williams lifetime ban
Payton 8 game suspension