Photo
- - - - -

Will Keuchley be there?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Hey Dave(assuming we don't get a veteran MLB in the FA), I'm not too sure that Keuchley is going to stick around for pick 15 anymore. He just proved to every team in the NFL that he is not only a smart/tackling beast from film, but now everyone knows that his speed and athleticism is in no way a problem. I doubt that David Hawthorne will be re-signed, and if he isn't then the Seahawks will need a replacement and we all know they won't pass up Keuchley unless they have Hawthorne. Do you think that we should trade up to gauruntee ourselves to get him, or should we just let it happen and get whatever linebacker is still available?

#2 julzmcgee

julzmcgee

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

I think we need a veteran to play the position that leads the defense. We already have a noob DC

#3 Snipes

Snipes

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I don't understand all the love for Kuechly. He is a run and chase, drag down linebacker. If you like your MLB getting dragged 3 or 4 yards downfield after contact then he is your man. I like a MLB that stops a ball carrier In His Tracks. Hightower would be a much better pick.

Not only is Kuechly not a Top 15 Talent, he is not even a 1st Round talent. You can find LB's like him in the 2nd-4th Rounds. Kuechly is a good College Player but not an NFL type MLB Stud. I need a Pure Stud with my Top 15 pick.

My pick would be Mark Barron, Saftey from Alabama = STUD!!!

#4 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,572 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Kuechly may be there, but Reid won't.

#5 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

I don't understand all the love for Kuechly. He is a run and chase, drag down linebacker. If you like your MLB getting dragged 3 or 4 yards downfield after contact then he is your man. I like a MLB that stops a ball carrier In His Tracks. Hightower would be a much better pick.

Not only is Kuechly not a Top 15 Talent, he is not even a 1st Round talent. You can find LB's like him in the 2nd-4th Rounds. Kuechly is a good College Player but not an NFL type MLB Stud. I need a Pure Stud with my Top 15 pick.

Dude what in the world makes you think that???? Have you watched any of his games? Have you even seen any youtube clips? Even his bad tape is amazing! Nothing you said in that comment had any form of intellegence! If you don't know what you're talking about then don't talk, it just shows everyone how ignorant you are. Keuchley couldn't be dragged by a bus much less a RB. He hits the holes with extreme intellegence and stops anything in his tracks. Do your homework before you knock on a guy!
And Kojo, I like Reid, but i'm scared that you're right.

#6 Snipes

Snipes

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Dude what in the world makes you think that???? Have you watched any of his games? Have you even seen any youtube clips? Even his bad tape is amazing! Nothing you said in that comment had any form of intellegence! If you don't know what you're talking about then don't talk, it just shows everyone how ignorant you are. Keuchley couldn't be dragged by a bus much less a RB. He hits the holes with extreme intellegence and stops anything in his tracks. Do your homework before you knock on a guy!
And Kojo, I like Reid, but i'm scared that you're right.

You must be new to the game of football. Kuechly "hits the hole" with NOTHING! I've watched plenty of games and highlights on You Tube. He is a DRAG DOWN linebacker DUDE!! We already have guys like him on this team (Casey Matthews). Maybe you are new to the game of Football so let me educate you. We play the 9 Technique. You need a MLB who can hit someone and have that man go backwards or stopped for no gain because we want to get into 3rd and long situations. Luke sounds like a great kid but he can't play MLB in this "D". He is a Speed Guy who counts on angles to get to the ball carrier. It's funny because he is fast but not very quick. Look at the tape and you will see. Not the highlights but the game footage. If Luke is your MLB, you better play alot of Tamp Two otherwise you are going to see a ton of 3rd and short. Luke isn't going to stop a ball carrier on 3rd and short and I'm not going to spent the 15th pick in the draft on a MLB that can't stop the run.

#7 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Dude, I don't know why your talking about things you obviously know nothing about. Maybe you like to start arguements with people, maybe you have some form of a personel problem where you need attention, I don't know. But I can tell you what I do know, It's that I'm not new to football, your not going to educate me on anything.
You think Keuchly counts on his speed? Your joking right? His speed was the one thing that everyone was concerned about(which he proved to be a non-issue when he ran a 4.58).
He doesn't fit the wide 9 system? Your messing with me again, ain't you? The wide 9 system depends on LB's being smart about which hole to hit against a run. If you over pursue like our LB's did this year, you get the same result we had. The wide 9 system depends on their LB's(along with the rest of the team) being able to play man-2-man coverage, and for a LB, Keuchly is pretty darn good at man-2-man coverage. There is nothing about Keuchly that says he won't fit the wide 9 system.
You think he can't tackle? Dude your really irritating my leg with all this pulling your doing. Last I checked he set NCAA tackling recordS! His sophmore year he set a record with 183 tackles, and his junior year he broke his own record as he racked up 191 tackles. He set the ACC career tackling record(within only 3 years) with 532. So to say he can't tackle is about as honest as a husband to his wife about his bachelor party.
You think he's in anyway shape or form a bad player? C'mon man, now your tearing my leg off, stop pulling it so hard. He was not only an all-american player in the NCAA, he was awarded the Butkus Award, the Bronko Nagurski Award, the Lombardi Award and the Lott IMPACT Trophy. He is a complete MLB. He will be one of the best NFL MLB's in the league for the next decade and then some. There's no way he stays in the draft past pick 15, and he damn sure won't make it to the 2nd round.
I'm sorry, I must have forgot. Who's the one that was supposed to be getting educated here?.......You say i'm new to football, I think it's pretty obvious who the newbie is here.

#8 KY eaglefan

KY eaglefan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Dude, I don't know why your talking about things you obviously know nothing about. Maybe you like to start arguements with people, maybe you have some form of a personel problem where you need attention, I don't know. But I can tell you what I do know, It's that I'm not new to football, your not going to educate me on anything.
You think Keuchly counts on his speed? Your joking right? His speed was the one thing that everyone was concerned about(which he proved to be a non-issue when he ran a 4.58).
He doesn't fit the wide 9 system? Your messing with me again, ain't you? The wide 9 system depends on LB's being smart about which hole to hit against a run. If you over pursue like our LB's did this year, you get the same result we had. The wide 9 system depends on their LB's(along with the rest of the team) being able to play man-2-man coverage, and for a LB, Keuchly is pretty darn good at man-2-man coverage. There is nothing about Keuchly that says he won't fit the wide 9 system.
You think he can't tackle? Dude your really irritating my leg with all this pulling your doing. Last I checked he set NCAA tackling recordS! His sophmore year he set a record with 183 tackles, and his junior year he broke his own record as he racked up 191 tackles. He set the ACC career tackling record(within only 3 years) with 532. So to say he can't tackle is about as honest as a husband to his wife about his bachelor party.
You think he's in anyway shape or form a bad player? C'mon man, now your tearing my leg off, stop pulling it so hard. He was not only an all-american player in the NCAA, he was awarded the Butkus Award, the Bronko Nagurski Award, the Lombardi Award and the Lott IMPACT Trophy. He is a complete MLB. He will be one of the best NFL MLB's in the league for the next decade and then some. There's no way he stays in the draft past pick 15, and he damn sure won't make it to the 2nd round.
I'm sorry, I must have forgot. Who's the one that was supposed to be getting educated here?.......You say i'm new to football, I think it's pretty obvious who the newbie is here.

BURN!!!!!! Dude he is right. He isn't going to be around for the 15th pick, much less the 2nd round.

#9 mav81

mav81

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

I like my LB's black, and my women blonde.

#10 WetFerret

WetFerret

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Fan Since:83

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I like my LB's black, and my women blonde.

:afro:

#11 JPL0720

JPL0720

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Do you all honestly think AR is going to draft a LB in the first round? He will draft an undersized DL, and maybe, just maybe go after a LB with the last of his 2nd round picks. Even that would surprise me. The current Eagle FO does not value the LB position. They haven't in years. When is the last time Reid has learned from his mistakes? Never, cause he thinks he doesn't make any. Dream on about Kuechly, who is a beast and would help us a lot. It would be so not Reid if they went after him with the 15th pick.

#12 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,572 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Do you all honestly think AR is going to draft a LB in the first round? He will draft an undersized DL, and maybe, just maybe go after a LB with the last of his 2nd round picks. Even that would surprise me. The current Eagle FO does not value the LB position. They haven't in years. When is the last time Reid has learned from his mistakes? Never, cause he thinks he doesn't make any. Dream on about Kuechly, who is a beast and would help us a lot. It would be so not Reid if they went after him with the 15th pick.

Well, we signed a 220 lb. practice squad LB today, so there's that.

And before everybody jumps in about it being a meaningless signing, I know that. But it is indicative of the type of player these guys have in their heads when it comes to the position.

#13 julzmcgee

julzmcgee

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Well, we signed a 220 lb. practice squad LB today, so there's that.

And before everybody jumps in about it being a meaningless signing, I know that. But it is indicative of the type of player these guys have in their heads when it comes to the position.

yeah another fastball lol

#14 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

He never learns from his mistakes??? Really thats odd, last I checked, everytime he had a bad season, he came back the next year and beasted! He thinks he doesn't make any mistakes? Thats extremely wierd bro, didn't all you fans get furious about hearing the famous "I have to do a better job" speach? He took all the blame, so obviously he knows when he makes a mistake. He's bad in the draft? I'm not so sure about that, this teams draftee's have been plagued with injuries, so we really don't know. Has he drafted a LB in the 1st round b4? No, but when have we really had a need for a LB in the 1st round? Other then last year and this year, there has been no need to draft a LB so high. As for last year's draft, NOBODY can say that Watkins wasn't more of a must-have then a LB was, our OLine was pure crap in the sewer in 2010 and it obviously took more then just a bada** OLine coach to change that. We should have drafted a LB with our 2010 2nd pick, but we've been getting our good LB's from FA in the past, that's why we didn't draft any. Now that we've changed into the Wide 9 system, and everyone and their momma's know that we desperately need LB's, I think were either going to get Keuchley in the draft or Mario Williams in FA. Either way, I can assure you that we will get a stud LB at some point in the offseason, maybe more then one, I don't know.

#15 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

First of all, going by youtube highlights to make your decree about a player's ability while dismissing the analysis of people who actually watched hours and hours of actual game tape pretty much excludes your opinion from being taken seriously. Keuchley doesn't get "dragged" for yards at a clip trying to make the tackle and was far more athletic than anyone thought he'd be. He's first round talent for sure and if he's there of course you take him. Unfortunately for those of us who want an upgrade at the position, its not likely to happen with Andy Reid. I'd be surprised if we drafted an LB in the first 3 rounds at all this year. Everything this FO is pushing about our current LB roster implies they are happy with what they got.

#16 JPL0720

JPL0720

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

He never learns from his mistakes??? Really thats odd, last I checked, everytime he had a bad season, he came back the next year and beasted! He thinks he doesn't make any mistakes? Thats extremely wierd bro, didn't all you fans get furious about hearing the famous "I have to do a better job" speach? He took all the blame, so obviously he knows when he makes a mistake. He's bad in the draft? I'm not so sure about that, this teams draftee's have been plagued with injuries, so we really don't know. Has he drafted a LB in the 1st round b4? No, but when have we really had a need for a LB in the 1st round? Other then last year and this year, there has been no need to draft a LB so high. As for last year's draft, NOBODY can say that Watkins wasn't more of a must-have then a LB was, our OLine was pure crap in the sewer in 2010 and it obviously took more then just a bada** OLine coach to change that. We should have drafted a LB with our 2010 2nd pick, but we've been getting our good LB's from FA in the past, that's why we didn't draft any. Now that we've changed into the Wide 9 system, and everyone and their momma's know that we desperately need LB's, I think were either going to get Keuchley in the draft or Mario Williams in FA. Either way, I can assure you that we will get a stud LB at some point in the offseason, maybe more then one, I don't know.

Are you really using his weak lame arse statement of "I need to do a better job" as an admission of mistakes he makes? Come on man, thats just silly. And for his "beasted" , beasted what? When is the last time we " beasted" in a playoff game? When is the l;ast time he "beasted" and won a Lombardi? He is an egotistical maniac and he is nothing except the last 5 years of being a failure.

P.s. If he drafts a LB in the first round I will be the most surprised person on the EMB.

#17 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

P.s. If he drafts a LB in the first round I will be the most surprised person on the EMB.

No you won't.

#18 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,572 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

He never learns from his mistakes??? Really thats odd, last I checked, everytime he had a bad season, he came back the next year and beasted! He thinks he doesn't make any mistakes? Thats extremely wierd bro, didn't all you fans get furious about hearing the famous "I have to do a better job" speach? He took all the blame, so obviously he knows when he makes a mistake. He's bad in the draft? I'm not so sure about that, this teams draftee's have been plagued with injuries, so we really don't know. Has he drafted a LB in the 1st round b4? No, but when have we really had a need for a LB in the 1st round? Other then last year and this year, there has been no need to draft a LB so high.

Please tell me this is a joke.

How the F can there still be people who make these same excuses after 13 years? FML.

#19 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Well Im really tired of having to defend Reid so I prolly shouldn't do this, but f*** it.
I'm sorry that I actually think things through before I start hating on somebody, but it's not excuses when it's true. You all can talk about how much you dislike me because I defend Reid if you want to, but not one of you actually said anything meaningful to back up a reason to hate him. Reid has done everything but the 1 thing that matters most for us, won the superbowl. Other then that, he's done everything we could ever ask for, he has given us +.500 seasons basically every year, he has owned the NFC East, he has taken us to the playoffs more then almost every other team in the league within his tenure, he has taken us to the NFC Championship 5 times, he has won the NFC Championship, and he has taken us to the SB, but unfortunately lost by a field goal. So no, I'm not going to hate Reid. Yes, I do want to win the Superbowl more then anything, but no I don't hate Reid. It's obvious that we have a much better chance of winning the SB right now with Reid at HC then any other HC out there. Especially the head coaches that are on the market now.

#20 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,625 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

The only "undersized DL Andy has drafted was DE Bryan Smith, all of the others are on par with the average size of 4/3 defenses in the NFL

#21 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,625 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

yeah another fastball lol

Gunter Cunningham uses that term

#22 sacook817

sacook817

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

No, but he should. This kid is the next generation of Ronde Barber meets Paul Poz! The kid is super smart, super instinctive, and proved he is the real deal with his stats at the combine. He was ABOVE average on all tests. Compare that with his collegiate stats and you have a kid that can lead this D for 10+ years to come. We will probably sign Dan Connor and call it good and go with a FAST DT (Argh!!!). Unless it's Poe at DT, I want NO ONE other than Kuechly!

GET IT RIGHT FOR ONCE ANDY!!!! Listen to the fans, the media, the critics...ignore your GUT instinct. That feeling is just a craving for another doughnut! :roll:

#23 mav81

mav81

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Listen to the fans, the media, the critics.

You really need to take a deep breath and analyze that sentence.

#24 MR-CYN

MR-CYN

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 25,496 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

They don't need Keuchley, the team can win a super bowl as is.

#25 egforever

egforever

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hey Dave(assuming we don't get a veteran MLB in the FA), I'm not too sure that Keuchley is going to stick around for pick 15 anymore. He just proved to every team in the NFL that he is not only a smart/tackling beast from film, but now everyone knows that his speed and athleticism is in no way a problem. I doubt that David Hawthorne will be re-signed, and if he isn't then the Seahawks will need a replacement and we all know they won't pass up Keuchley unless they have Hawthorne. Do you think that we should trade up to gauruntee ourselves to get him, or should we just let it happen and get whatever linebacker is still available?

I would like us to get him, but they won't pick a LB that early. My guess would be that they trade back to the end of the 1st then pull the trigger on a LB.
There value of certain postions is completetly clear and so if they truly want a LB they will trade back or out of the 1st rd.

#26 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I would like us to get him, but they won't pick a LB that early. My guess would be that they trade back to the end of the 1st then pull the trigger on a LB.
There value of certain postions is completetly clear and so if they truly want a LB they will trade back or out of the 1st rd.

ya, Idk I really want us to get Keuchly, but my gut tells me that their going to get Poe and then get Keenan Robinson later.

#27 ferrisbueller84

ferrisbueller84

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,752 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

You obviously haven't watched Kuechly if you think he can't stand people up. He's a perfect fit for this D.

#28 ferrisbueller84

ferrisbueller84

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,752 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

No, but he should. This kid is the next generation of Ronde Barber meets Paul Poz! The kid is super smart, super instinctive, and proved he is the real deal with his stats at the combine. He was ABOVE average on all tests. Compare that with his collegiate stats and you have a kid that can lead this D for 10+ years to come. We will probably sign Dan Connor and call it good and go with a FAST DT (Argh!!!). Unless it's Poe at DT, I want NO ONE other than Kuechly!

GET IT RIGHT FOR ONCE ANDY!!!! Listen to the fans, the media, the critics...ignore your GUT instinct. That feeling is just a craving for another doughnut! :roll:

Why would you possibly want Poe? He's the definition of a work out warrior. Peforms at the combine but has absolutely zero positive game tape.

#29 KY eaglefan

KY eaglefan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

If the pick is dt I would rather have Fletcher cox.