Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Expect Minimal Bang In Free Agency

94 posts in this topic

I can't wait for the draft, I think the Eagles are going to do something. Most of the mock drafts have the Eagles taking the LB from BC, I just don't buy it. I could see the Eagles move up both the Rams and Browns have ties with the Eagles. Eagles will be the main topic after day one, I just hope it's brings us a Super Bowl parade.

ATV...and who do you want to target in free agency?

wibi...Saftey..you giving up on Nate , Jarret and Coleman ?....WR...we gots two of the youngest brightest up and comers in Djax and maclin and arguably the best third down receiver in da league wiff Avant....now LB I understand...

The question is does RG3 want to sit on the sideline? Or are we willing to pay Vick that much to sit?

Wibi... imagine along wiff bringing in RG3... we also bring in Mario Willaims, Nicks and Colston from NO, and either Tulloch, Ruud, or Lofton from atlanter.

Bloody... RG3 and Vick can play together... good lucck stopping THAT... plus, Vick will get hurt, and RG3 can play QB those games before taking over full time next year when Vick is cut.

TBONED. I like Nate Allen at FS if he becomes more consistent. He's got potential. I'm not convinced Coleman or Jarret are the answers at SS, but I'm open to seeing them compete with a veteran or a young guy from the draft. I'm thinking that DJAX gets traded. I like him, but he's not what we need. We need a possession guy and a big target. I'm don't think Avant is our answer at the slot position either. He's good, but not great. We could use an upgrade at the number one and number 3 receiver positions. I'd also like to run a big fat run stuffing DT, but don't know who.

Williams as a DE or LB? Didn't Carl Nicks get resigned already? maybe not, but I thought he did. I think I'd rather have Mathis though. Definitely like Colston better than DJAX. I also like Lofton or Ruud. I think Tulloch just signed an extension too.

all the talk about getting the #2 pick from the rams, I just seen on NFL network that the browns have the #2 pick. And my money says they grab him.

The rams have the number 2 pick. They are talking about the browns trading to that position.

The colts could be the ultimate monkey wrench trower....St Louis isn't trading down from #2 until the colts for sure draft Luck.....they could just as easily pick RG3...

TBONED. I agree. Everyone says Andrew Luck, but I saw some reports saying that he's not a definite. The other question for the Rams is who they want to get in the draft. If they trade to 15 with us, is there anyone there that they actually want? I think they trade down just a few spots and take Blackmon. Blackmon won't be available at 15.

Boner... simple solution... go to the Colts and offer Vick and that package of picks for the #1 pick... F you Rams!

1 person likes this

ImaDinga: I demand the following from you immediately:

1) An apology for the insinuation towards me that you casually and irresponsibly just let float out there ! I cited a source !!

2) That you shut your licentious, cantankerous, slanderous mouff after said apology has been issued !

3) Hey, who do you think we'll get in the first round ?

4) A 'TYIA', for not exercising my authoriti, and banning you ! YW.

1 person likes this

imagine that...Luck is there at 2 after the colts take RG3....Rams would not hesitate to trade that crosseyed wombat of a QB they have now

Wibi... that's why instead of the 2 2nd rounders you give them Djax... then they can get a DT at 15, PLUS have the WR weapon they need.... win win.

brainstorm it...Fo reads these forums...we can sway their decisions....I'll be back

Wibi... we might have to give them #15, Djax, and like a conditional 3rd rounder next year... but I'd do that for RG3... then it opens us up to sign Colston, and have RG3... it's a no brainer for both sides.

ATV. I like it. As I said before, Colston is an upgrade to DJAX. I like Jackson for returns and maybe a slot guy, but he's too expensive. He wants number 1 money and he isn't a number 1 receiver. I'm still not convinced we take RG3 though. I just don't see it, unless the eagles are looking forward and saying that there just aren't any QBs coming out in the next 3 years that they see as starters.

I wanna win the SB THIS year, and NO rookie QB is gonna do that.

Wibi... Nicks is still out there, as is tulloch is still available too... Williams at DE, and let Babin play the Joker role... Get in Lofton or Ruud as MIKE, draft Kendricks with our other 2nd rounder we don't send to the Rams... maybe try and find a gem of a S in rounds 3 and on, some depth at LB and Oline, maybe another DT in there... we set for this year and future with RG3... what's not to like?

Bloody... the rookie QB will be learning under Vick for next year... this year we still have Vick... and RG3 for the games Vick misses due to injury... or would you rather it be Kafka or Edwards subbing in those games Vick is injured?

I just don't know if we can move up without giving up our first rounder. I guess it's possible. I also don't think we can afford all of them. They are saying Williams is 10mil a year. Lofton or Ruud are probably a few million a year, RG3 will be whatever Number 2 money is and Colston will probably be 7-8 million a year. If we can get trade Jackson and Asante I can see it...I guess. Someone brought up a good point though. Can you have RG3 and Vick on the same team and will RG3 be able to ride the bench for a year?

BTW, I'm beginning to be convinced that RG3 can be an eagle next year. :)

No I would rather get a few good players that will help us THIS year, possibly someone to protect Vick, instead of getting another QB

See... the Rams need a WR threat to open up the field for their TE's, and to back off the S from stacking the LOS for Steven Jackson (Djax fits that description perfectly)... they also really need help on the D side of the ball (DE, CB, DT)... which all will be available (and at a cheaper cost than selecting at 6), with our 15th pick. We toss in a conditional 3rd rounder this year or next to sweeten the pot... how can they say no?