[News] Expect Minimal Bang In Free Agency

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#61 tboned208

tboned208

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

The colts could be the ultimate monkey wrench trower....St Louis isn't trading down from #2 until the colts for sure draft Luck.....they could just as easily pick RG3...

#62 wibinga

wibinga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

TBONED.  I agree.  Everyone says Andrew Luck, but I saw some reports saying that he's not a definite.  The other question for the Rams is who they want to get in the draft.  If they trade to 15 with us, is there anyone there that they actually want?  I think they trade down just a few spots and take Blackmon.  Blackmon won't be available at 15.

#63 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Fan Since:73

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Boner... simple solution... go to the Colts and offer Vick and that package of picks for the #1 pick... F you Rams!

#64 Hamhox

Hamhox

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

ImaDinga:  I demand the following from you immediately:

1) An apology for the insinuation towards me that you casually and irresponsibly just let float out there !  I cited a source !!
2) That you shut your licentious, cantankerous, slanderous mouff after said apology has been issued !
3)  Hey, who do you think we'll get in the first round ?
4)  A 'TYIA', for not exercising my authoriti, and banning you !  YW.

#65 tboned208

tboned208

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

imagine that...Luck is there at 2 after the colts take RG3....Rams would not hesitate to trade that crosseyed wombat of a QB they have now

#66 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Wibi... that's why instead of the 2 2nd rounders you give them Djax... then they can get a DT at 15, PLUS have the WR weapon they need.... win win.

#67 tboned208

tboned208

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

brainstorm it...Fo reads these forums...we can sway their decisions....I'll be back

#68 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Wibi... we might have to give them #15, Djax, and like a conditional 3rd rounder next year... but I'd do that for RG3... then it opens us up to sign Colston, and have RG3... it's a no brainer for both sides.

#69 wibinga

wibinga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

ATV.  I like it.  As I said before, Colston is an upgrade to DJAX.  I like Jackson for returns and maybe a slot guy, but he's too expensive.  He wants number 1 money and he isn't a number 1 receiver.  I'm still not convinced we take RG3 though.  I just don't see it, unless the eagles are looking forward and saying that there just aren't any QBs coming out in the next 3 years that they see as starters.

#70 greenblood1

greenblood1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

I wanna win the SB THIS year, and NO rookie QB is gonna do that.

#71 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

Wibi... Nicks is still out there, as is tulloch is still available too... Williams at DE, and let Babin play the Joker role... Get in Lofton or Ruud as MIKE, draft Kendricks with our other 2nd rounder we don't send to the Rams... maybe try and find a gem of a S in rounds 3 and on, some depth at LB and Oline, maybe another DT in there... we set for this year and future with RG3... what's not to like?

#72 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Bloody... the rookie QB will be learning under Vick for next year... this year we still have Vick... and RG3 for the games Vick misses due to injury... or would you rather it be Kafka or Edwards subbing in those games Vick is injured?

#73 wibinga

wibinga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

I just don't know if we can move up without giving up our first rounder.  I guess it's possible.  I also don't think we can afford all of them.  They are saying Williams is 10mil a year.  Lofton or Ruud are probably a few million a year, RG3 will be whatever Number 2 money is and Colston will probably be 7-8 million a year.  If we can get trade Jackson and Asante I can see it...I guess.  Someone brought up a good point though.  Can you have RG3 and Vick on the same team and will RG3 be able to ride the bench for a year?  

BTW, I'm beginning to be convinced that RG3 can be an eagle next year. :)

#74 greenblood1

greenblood1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

No I would rather get a few good players that will help us THIS year, possibly someone to protect Vick, instead of getting another QB

#75 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

See... the Rams need a WR threat to open up the field for their TE's, and to back off the S from stacking the LOS for Steven Jackson (Djax fits that description perfectly)... they also really need help on the D side of the ball (DE, CB, DT)... which all will be available (and at a cheaper cost than selecting at 6), with our 15th pick. We toss in a conditional 3rd rounder this year or next to sweeten the pot... how can they say no?

#76 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Bloody... but under my scenario all we are losing is the 15th pick to pick up a franchise QB when Vick leaves next year (and make no mistake he is leaving next year)... we weren't going to select anyone to protect Vick with the 15th pick anyway (that was going to be a pick for the D)... Djax leaves, but we sign Colston as a FA, along with either Nicks or Mathis for G, and Mario Williams and one of the FA MIKE's for the D... it solves everything PLUS we get the franchise QB...

#77 wibinga

wibinga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

..and we have our QB for years to come with at least a year of learning from Vick and QBs coach..... okay, so let me summarize:
1. Starting lineup at offensive skill positions: QB: Vick, RB: Shady, WR1 Colston, WR2: Maclin, TE: Celek, Backup QB: RG3
2. Starting lineup for DEF: LCB: DRC, RCB: Nnamdi, DEs: TC and Mario Williams/Babin (threw this in just for fun), DTs: Jenkins, Patterson and draftee, LBs: Lofton (or Ruud) Tulloch and one of our own, SS: Coleman/Jarret, FS: Allen.  

Did I miss anything?

#78 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Wibi... just that our Oline stays the same or we pick up Nicks. We could also pick up Hill or Kendricks in the 2nd round.

#79 trini

trini

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I thought coming into this season that our #1 priority going in 2012 was QB. I posted at the beginning that our 1st pick in the draft would be QB. Guess SI's Peter King are now entertaining the possibility of RG111 in Philly. hahahaha " That is OLD NEWS around here." this TRINI Eagle fanatic has ALREADY been saying this for several weeks... I became even more convinced this could be the play...  after RG111 posted Vick like Combine Stats. The very UNUSUAL... Very public...  Eagles RG111 interview to me...  screamed "MISDIRECTION" it screamed the Eagles with their new 100million QB would be the last team to make a play for RG111. Exactly the way the Eagles want people to think. KINDA like the Cowgals and Y'ets and the whole football world thinking Nnamdi was going to one of those teams... That Howie Roseman is a talent. The Reid's mantra in Philly... It all begins with the QB.  Most here having watched Big Red operate for over a decade... KNOW... Reid and the Eagles established reputations of unpredictability, perceived as a very Tight Lipped Organization... ESPECIALLY during Free Agency and the Draft.  Two very highly touted " Already Crowned Franchise QB's " are in this year's draft...No other team can offer the combination of Draft picks AND established Elite Pro Bowl caliber players like Asante and/or  DJax as part of a package. and NOT Destroy their Team if the gave up players of that calibre. The Eagles have few needs some could be satisfied in Free Agency, while still armed with numerous picks in this years draft, and the money especially if one or both of these guys are traded to get anyone they want... This RG111 play has Andy's name written all over it. If this is to be Reid's last year, he would want to leave the team in good straits. Hmmmm I really wanted that Ricky Williams guy instead of DMac, in HINDSIGHT Reid made the right call then.  We Shall See.

#80 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

ah the things a woman reads... some people should try and add 'sarcasm' and 'irony' to their vocab. huh.

but sometimes, i dream of a team where the only element of progress would be at QB. so, griffin, and boom. propelled to new orleans next feb. ha.

#81 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

View Posttrini, on 06 March 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

I thought coming into this season that our #1 priority going in 2012 was QB. I posted at the beginning that our 1st pick in the draft would be QB. Guess SI's Peter King are now entertaining the possibility of RG111 in Philly. hahahaha " That is OLD NEWS around here." this TRINI Eagle fanatic has ALREADY been saying this for several weeks... I became even more convinced this could be the play... after RG111 posted Vick like Combine Stats. The very UNUSUAL... Very public... Eagles RG111 interview to me... screamed "MISDIRECTION" it screamed the Eagles with their new 100million QB would be the last team to make a play for RG111. Exactly the way the Eagles want people to think. KINDA like the Cowgals and Y'ets and the whole football world thinking Nnamdi was going to one of those teams... That Howie Roseman is a talent. The Reid's mantra in Philly... It all begins with the QB. Most here having watched Big Red operate for over a decade... KNOW... Reid and the Eagles established reputations of unpredictability, perceived as a very Tight Lipped Organization... ESPECIALLY during Free Agency and the Draft. Two very highly touted " Already Crowned Franchise QB's " are in this year's draft...No other team can offer the combination of Draft picks AND established Elite Pro Bowl caliber players like Asante and/or DJax as part of a package. and NOT Destroy their Team if the gave up players of that calibre. The Eagles have few needs some could be satisfied in Free Agency, while still armed with numerous picks in this years draft, and the money especially if one or both of these guys are traded to get anyone they want... This RG111 play has Andy's name written all over it. If this is to be Reid's last year, he would want to leave the team in good straits. Hmmmm I really wanted that Ricky Williams guy instead of DMac, in HINDSIGHT Reid made the right call then. We Shall See.

paragraphs ??

#82 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

So you are the Rams.  Cleveland offers picks #4 & 22.  Eagles offer you pick 15 & DeSean.  Considering pick #4 is 11 earlier than pick #15... DeSean's trade value would have to be worth top 10 value.    But lets say Cleveland won't do it, but Washington offers pick #6 and their 2nd rounder (pick 39)  Pick #6 is still 9 picks earlier than pick 15, so DeSean's value in that case would still have to be mid to late first round.  My guess = if the Browns or Redskins want RGIII, the Rams will take their offers unless the Eagles throw in a lot more.  The possibility of getting a franchise QB for those two teams should cause them to up the anti over whatever the Eagles come up with, and I would also assume the Rams don't see DeSean's value as high as a 1st round pick?  As for Vick, besides the assumption that Luck & RGIII would be more desirable to the other teams, the Eagles would take a huge cap hit in trading Vick, so I dont see it.

#83 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

did some posts just vanish ??

#84 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Joe... come on... Cleveland isn't giving up that (that's the Rams trying to drive up the price)... as for 15 vs 6... iffin I'm the Rams I'd prefer 15 to 6 for the money they save and STILL have multiple options for the D to chose from... and as for a 2nd rounder vs Djax... how many 2nd rounders suk??? Djax is a proven commodity. I know who I'd rather have.

#85 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

FLF... all the important ones are here! lol

#86 Hamhox

Hamhox

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

You people are posting in the outdated article.  go back out, refresh, then come back in.

That way, you can see the REAL posts.

#87 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

omg. bradford, crosseyed wombat. i had missed that one. :roll:

#88 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

ATV, you watch any NFL network?  Mayock, Baldi & co were talking about it yesterday while the Phils were playing their spring training game.  The opinion was that if you are the Rams, you need to take a solid blue chip in this year's draft to build around Bradford.  They spoke about dropping out of the top ten for the Rams and said they don't see the value there.  DeSean would have to have a long term deal in place or it wouldn't make sense for the Rams.  Cleveland was said to be a no-brainer to give up those picks, "it's why you made the Julio Jones trade last year to put yourself in this position to land a franchise QB" was the opinion of the panel.  They also said if Washington wouldn't offer pick #6 along with 2nd round and other picks (possibly a 1st rounder next year) they would be foolish.  This is a QB league, and we are talking about teams that have been brutal with the true sense of urgency to make the move.  Plus the new CBA makes these early picks more cap friendly. I doubt RGIII will be an Eagle unless the farm is truly mortgaged.

#89 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

WTF... how can people stand posting here... this place SUKS! Any world where Hammy gets a default 1st isn't one where I want to be included... sniff sniff... goodbye cruel OTI world

#90 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I shant return until RG3 is an iggles and I can tell all youse non believers to suk an egg!!!