Photo

[News] Report: Ravens Make Offer To Mathis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,215 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Adam Caplan reported on Friday morning that free agent guard Evan Mathis was "offered a nice deal" from the Baltimore Ravens, but is returning to his home in Arizona to discuss with his family. Acc...

View the full article

#2 DonnySense

DonnySense

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

what hell are the eagles doing?

#3 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

obviously a team would try and scoop him. He was the #6 ranked guard last year.... get this man a contract. You said it yourself roseman... keep the roster intact and take care of your own. SO DO IT

#4 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

donny .......NOTHING...its so typical

#5 dublosausage

dublosausage

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,994 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Meaning it didn't blow his skirt up and he absolutely had to sign it on the spot. Odds are he's going to take less to stay in Philly... But the market for him isn't exactly huge. It's between the Ravens and Eagles (pretty obvious). Ravens have a legit shot at a SB. Eagles (if we put it together) can compete for one too...

I think the money will be similar overall. So it's really going to come down to his conform level with the coaching staff (system, etc) and a shot at a ring. I think he ends up back with us. Outside of the Ravens offering a huge deal more.

#6 damauran

damauran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

I think mathis is flattered with the attention he is getting as a talented quick undersized O lineman. I think he will ultimately come back home because he can see the up side of the eagles on the rise. On another note. The media and word play never ceases to amaze me. Desean mentioned the eagles possibly winning a superbowl in the next five years, all of a sudden they have him pegged as nostradomus the great predictor. He's only 25, he just got paid, and of course he's feeling stoked. Why should he sit up there and say......in the next five years we gonna win the NFC east. Let that man exude with confidence and speak.his mind. He actually speaks pretty well in a public arena so there is a little more intellect behind the perceived thug people make him out to be.

#7 eaglesmark

eaglesmark

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Come On Man! Pony up Roseman. We need Mathis! You wanna win or what?

#8 eaglesmark

eaglesmark

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!

#9 GangGreen*2011*

GangGreen*2011*

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for a wonderful year.
We're gonna have 15 more great years with David DeCastro at guard.

#10 DJax2DaHouse

DJax2DaHouse

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Just pay the guy a good deal, and get some work done in free agency!

#11 GreenBackBirds

GreenBackBirds

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Good afternoon to you all. I really gotta agree with the posts on this subject. Have to get this deal done with Mathis. Actually, kind of surprised on this one. As well as he played last season, I figured a deal would have been done already. I don't want my birds going into the draft using 2 of the first 3 picks on O-line. I was looking at maybe one in those picks, or DT,LB, and S. Me personally, I think our beloved Eagles will move around quite a bit and acquire more picks. I would love if Andy picked up LaMichael James to go with Shady though. Any thoughts on that one?

#12 TransplantedEagleFan

TransplantedEagleFan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts
  • Fan Since:1973

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

If it's truly "competitive" I think we keep him. If competitive actually means "we knocked off 10% for a home team discount, we'll lose him.

#13 GreenBackBirds

GreenBackBirds

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Is there talent in the draft to replace Mathis? Maybe. But Eagles already know that he is a proven player. That's a spot we can fill else where, not a immediate need

#14 AirAfrica

AirAfrica

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

If mathis doesn't accept the contract offer from the eagles its not the end of the world. he's good but he's not irreplaceable. howard mudd is great at finding players on the o-line so i'm not worried if we draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round to replace him. in the meantime we have vandervelde, gibson and herremans that can play that guard spot and we can sign a servicable tackle if need be. my only concern in LB, safety will benefit from good linebackers and running back isn't important right now because we hav dion lewis, graig cooper and there r players we can pick up. lemichael james would be a bad pick for the eagles because he's not durable (see jahvid best, cj spiller) and he doesn't really do anything better than our backups do

#15 voodoochile75

voodoochile75

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 34,049 posts
  • Fan Since:Disco

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Please dude, just sign with Balitmore already. Sheesh.

#16 smittyaec

smittyaec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Merril Reese "Vick Sacked again Gibson missed his assignment on that one" Lets see how Edwards plays the rest of this game out!!!! Always one player away just enough to fill the seats!!!!

#17 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Mathis is an all time great. Hannah, Faneca, Hutchinson ... and Mathis! Great on the inside push for goal line situations, he is a powerhouse ... the best guard in Eagles history. Relax, he is a nice player... otherwise there would be 20 teams looking at him. 4 days in and only two teams interested, doesn't that tell you something? Would be nice for Eagles because he played last year

#18 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

nah joemass that says nothing... fa can be slow but teams can still be waiting in the wings to scoop him up

#19 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

voodoo child please leave this pagge noone wants you here with that attitude