Photo
- - - - -

SAINTS JUST GOT SMACKED

This topic is in the process of being archived.
279 replies to this topic

#91 Machine

Machine

Resident Cager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,383 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Born

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Then you must think the Phillies stealing signs a few years ago is comparable because they were using binoculuars, right? I mean, it's the same.

They violated the rules by Video taping the signs and matching the calls up with the film.

#92 Paul852

Paul852

^That's not me idiots. Sad that needs to be clarified

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,406 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

They violated the rules by Video taping the signs and matching the calls up with the film.

That's not what I'm asking you.

#93 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Niners didn't even get the customary 3 pt cushion for being the home team according to Vegas odds. Player for player, you cannot convince me that many teams are better than the Giants other than say New Orleans (before today), Green Bay, Houston, and maybe Baltimore...

So the 7 losses they experienced last year was because of injuries/under-performing?

Keep going. I'll stop you if I heard that one before.

#94 eaglesnut_121

eaglesnut_121

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Now Brees takes to Twitter wah-wah-ing demanding an explanation. What an arrogant a**hat. Nobody owes him ish. Read the NFL's release. There's your explanation. Time to accept it, STFU, and do your job like the rest of your teammates.

#95 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

That post is attached to your rod mothalicka!

• Members
  • 16,203 posts

Yet you still watch and post on an NFL messageboard...baaaaaaa

yeah it's hard habit to break. It's like quitting smoking. Being an NFL diehard has been a big part of my life. My family and friends all know me as an NFL diehard. It took me 3-5 years to ween myslef off of baseball when MLB went down the drain, it will probably take the same time to ween myself off of NFL. But this one hurts, it really does. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because so many NFL fans don't even see the imminent catastrophe of our fave sport.

It's right around the corner, when fantasy football start to wane and the US actually does something in a Soccer World Cup, the NFl is going to wonder what the hell hit them.

#96 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

yeah it's hard habit to break. It's like quitting smoking. Being an NFL diehard has been a big part of my life. My family and friends all know me as an NFL diehard. It took me 3-5 years to ween myslef off of baseball when MLB went down the drain, it will probably take the same time to ween myself off of NFL. But this one hurts, it really does. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because so many NFL fans don't even see the imminent catastrophe of our fave sport. It's right around the corner, when fantasy football start to wane and the US actually does something in a Soccer World Cup, the NFl is going to wonder what the hell hit them.

You'll die before that ever happens. Just take a chill pill. The league is great.

#97 fredex

fredex

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

I would not call losing one of the best coaches in the league for a year getting off easy. Payton is one of the best in-game coaches in terms of decision making and situational analysis right now.

I wish i could get "smacked" and save over 8M

#98 evilwaldo

evilwaldo

A Paul Heyman guy

• Members
  • 60,968 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

I wish i could get "smacked" and save over 8M

Still makes no sense.

#99 Machine

Machine

Resident Cager

• Members
  • 65,383 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

That's not what I'm asking you.

Well you're asking me an unrelated question. Who cares what baseball players do? Obviously you want any advantage to can get, so is there really a big difference in taking the opposing team's QB out and videotaping the signs and knowing everything they do in the 2nd half? :roll: It's still cheating/foul play.

#100 MD Eagles Fan

MD Eagles Fan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Now Brees takes to Twitter wah-wah-ing demanding an explanation. What an arrogant a**hat. Nobody owes him ish. Read the NFL's release. There's your explanation. Time to accept it, STFU, and do your job like the rest of your teammates.

He is putting a bullseye on his back

#101 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

So the 7 losses they experienced last year was because of injuries/under-performing? Keep going. I'll stop you if I heard that one before.

GB and NO were better teams-no shame losing to them.
SF-Giants were right there with them with no run game at all. SF needed Patrick Willis to tackle Jake Ballard at the 5 yard line before the ball got there to beat the Giants.
Eagles/Redskins/Redskins/Seahawks-no shows vs inferior opponents.

Tuck and Osi were compete non-factors in many games due to injury. Antrel Rolle was a nickle CB because TT was out for the year (and sucked at it). They got nothing from their draft class due to injury except for Jaquain Williams. And their O-Line was banged up all year. Eli carried the team until the re-inforcements arrived healthy. Then, they were the best team in the game.

#102 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

• Members
  • 16,203 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

You'll die before that ever happens. Just take a chill pill. The league is great.

no way man. this is gonna happen in THIS decade. Troy Aikman already predicted it, and that is one wise NFL man.

#103 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

GB and NO were better teams-no shame losing to them. SF-Giants were right there with them with no run game at all. SF needed Patrick Willis to tackle Jake Ballard at the 5 yard line before the ball got there to beat the Giants. Eagles/Redskins/Redskins/Seahawks-no shows vs inferior opponents. Tuck and Osi were compete non-factors in many games due to injury. Antrel Rolle was a nickle CB because TT was out for the year (and sucked at it). They got nothing from their draft class due to injury except for Jaquain Williams. And their O-Line was banged up all year. Eli carried the team until the re-inforcements arrived healthy. Then, they were the best team in the game.

Look, I'm not trying to rag on you. The Giants came together at the right time and played great as a team. But these type of arguments (the one you're making now) can be made by several teams in the NFL. I mean, who's more "talented" than the Eagles at several positions? The Giants have weaknesses just as any team in the NFL.

If the Eagles won the SB in 2008 (big if I know) would you concede that they were the best team in the game because they beat the 12-4 Giants? I wouldn't make that claim.

#104 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Well you're asking me an unrelated question. Who cares what baseball players do? Obviously you want any advantage to can get, so is there really a big difference in taking the opposing team's QB out and videotaping the signs and knowing everything they do in the 2nd half? :roll: It's still cheating/foul play.

Yes. Glad you're getting it.

#105 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 55,365 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

It's right around the corner, when fantasy football start to wane and the US actually does something in a Soccer World Cup, the NFl is going to wonder what the hell hit them.

You realize that fantasy football, as it is today, is a pretty new thing? It's been around for a while, I know. I remember being in a fantasy football league in 1994 where we had to pour through the newspapers sports page for stats, but it's still a fairly new animal and if it vanished wouldn't kill the NFL... in the least.

Soccer? Really? Soccer will NEVER be anything major in the US. That's been proven for many decades. I was going to Washington Diplomats games in the 70's at RFK stadium and the stadium wasn't even close to half full, and they were giving A LOT of tickets away for free. Buying tickets was something like $4...

Maybe MLB or the NBA comes on strong at some point, but not Soccer lol.

#106 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Look, I'm not trying to rag on you. The Giants came together at the right time and played great as a team. But these type of arguments (the one you're making now) can be made by several teams in the NFL. I mean, who's more "talented" then the Eagles at several positions? The Giants have weaknesses just as any team in the NFL. If the Eagles won the SB in 2008 (big if I know) would you concede that they were the best team in the game because they beat the 12-4 Giants? I wouldn't make that claim.

I'm not saying they don't have weaknesses. They do-on the O-Line and at RB. And, I'm sure they'll find a #3 WR. Every team has flaws. It's not the 80's anymore where 4 teams dominated because they literally had no holes. But with that said, the Giants have a very talented roster. Their major strengths are the passing offense and the pass rush. You can make a case that the only discernable difference between the Giants and Eagles is Eli Manning. And, by the way, that 2008 Eagle team also underachieved. They were fortunate to get in that year and they made a run. They haven't had nearly the same type of success since then. Is it because of a fatal flaw in the roster or coaching?

#107 Machine

Machine

Resident Cager

• Members
  • 65,383 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yes. Glad you're getting it.

Both are very serious is their own right and affect the game differently. I am only trying to convey that the cheating is more serious to the integrity of the league because they destroyed all the evidence.

#108 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Both are very serious is their own right and affect the game differently. I am only trying to convey that the cheating is more serious to the integrity of the league because they destroyed all the evidence.

Sure. But you do feel that the Saints deserved a stricter penalty though, right?

#109 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm not saying they don't have weaknesses. They do-on the O-Line and at RB. And, I'm sure they'll find a #3 WR. Every team has flaws. It's not the 80's anymore where 4 teams dominated because they literally had no holes. But with that said, the Giants have a very talented roster. Their major strengths are the passing offense and the pass rush. You can make a case that the only discernable difference between the Giants and Eagles is Eli Manning. And, by the way, that 2008 Eagle team also underachieved. They were fortunate to get in that year and they made a run. They haven't had nearly the same type of success since then. Is it because of a fatal flaw in the roster or coaching?

I get what you're saying. I just think saying the Giants were the best team in football last year and are the best team going into the season this year is being a bit too boastful. And besides, we always see what happens to the team that is labeled the best going in anyway.

#110 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

I get what you're saying. I just think saying the Giants were the best team in football last year and are the best team going into the season this year is being a bit too boastful. And besides, we always see what happens to the team that is labeled the best going in anyway.

Believe me, no one in the media will be picking the Giants for anything in 2012. I've seen this too many times with this team. You'll get plenty of magazines/websites picking Dallas and the Eagles as usual. They'll probably fly under the radar again this summer and, if they stay healthy, win 10-12 games next year. I do think it cannot be dismissed though that the Giants were clearly the best team after Christmas though...

#111 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Believe me, no one in the media will be picking the Giants for anything in 2012. I've seen this too many times with this team. You'll get plenty of magazines/websites picking Dallas and the Eagles as usual. They'll probably fly under the radar again this summer and, if they stay healthy, win 10-12 games next year. I do think it cannot be dismissed though that the Giants were clearly the best team after Christmas though...

Well, they won the SB so it's hard to. However, sometimes things are more about matchups than they are "better overall team".

For example, we can all agree the Saints would have absolutely killed the Giants.. So if that's the case, how can you so boldly claim they were "clearly" the best team?

#112 PHeagles36

PHeagles36

Annoying Troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

i dont think you can say the giants were clearly better than the saints or the 49ers.

#113 Machine

Machine

Resident Cager

• Members
  • 65,383 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Sure. But you do feel that the Saints deserved a stricter penalty though, right?

I dont exactly remember what the punishment was for Belicheat. This is obviously more wide-scale though considering it's players, coaches, GM's, and whatnot. In NE, it was basically just the coaching staff.

#114 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I dont exactly remember what the punishment was for Belicheat. This is obviously more wide-scale though considering it's players, coaches, GM's, and whatnot. In NE, it was basically just the coaching staff.

1 million and a 1st round pick I believe.

#115 Gmen2005

Gmen2005

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Sapp is saying that Shockey was the snitch. Really wouldn't surprise me, Shockey is a total a**.

BINGO! RT @elnicastro: Shockey..? RT QBKILLA: Just Heard Who The Snitch Was

https://twitter.com/#!/QBKILLA/status/182546899096715264

#116 Paul852

Paul852

• Members
  • 22,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Sapp is saying that Shockey was the snitch. Really wouldn't surprise me, Shockey is a total a**. BINGO! RT @elnicastro: Shockey..? RT QBKILLA: Just Heard Who The Snitch Was https://twitter.com/#!/QBKILLA/status/182546899096715264

:roll: :roll:

Take him back!

#117 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Well, they won the SB so it's hard to. However, sometimes things are more about matchups than they are "better overall team". For example, we can all agree the Saints would have absolutely killed the Giants.. So if that's the case, how can you so boldly claim they were "clearly" the best team?

If the Saints were the best team, they didn't show it on the field. They weren't good enough to secure HFA during the season and, as a result, they proved not good enough to get to a Super Bowl. We can all agree that over the last 2 seasons, they are clearly not the same team away from the Dome. They lost to 2 teams on the road in the playoffs over that time they had no business losing to.

#118 Gmen2005

Gmen2005

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

:roll: :roll:

Take him back!

oh god no haha :roll:

#119 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

• Members
  • 16,203 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

You realize that fantasy football, as it is today, is a pretty new thing? It's been around for a while, I know. I remember being in a fantasy football league in 1994 where we had to pour through the newspapers sports page for stats, but it's still a fairly new animal and if it vanished wouldn't kill the NFL... in the least.

Soccer? Really? Soccer will NEVER be anything major in the US. That's been proven for many decades. I was going to Washington Diplomats games in the 70's at RFK stadium and the stadium wasn't even close to half full, and they were giving A LOT of tickets away for free. Buying tickets was something like $4...

Maybe MLB or the NBA comes on strong at some point, but not Soccer lol.

Yeah i remember watching the Baltimore Blast in the 70's. Felt like watching a high school game. But yeah, Soccer is going to be the next big thing in the US. I think it's actually very very close. ratings for the last world cup final beat the world series. I don't care how you wanna slice that statistic, that is HUGE, something you never would have though possible in the US when we watched the bushleague Blast & Diplomats. I think the US as a sports watching nation is a cinderella World Cup run away from catching major soccer fever.

Fantasy Football as we know it is about 10 years old, 5 years old as a national phenomenon. It is single handedly the reason the NFL is under the false assumption that their product is stronger than ever. The reason is that more people are watching bad football games to see if they win their FF match or just to scout for their FF team. There is no way in hell fantasy football fever can go on another 10 years. No. way. in . HELL. It's a fad, like Trivial Pursuit or Twister. When that fad dies, and the fan sits down to watch the game again purely for entertainments sake, they are going to realize how bad it is. Convoluted rulebook, strike zone tackling, uniform pass and catch play style, 15 minute breaks for a grade 1 concussion etc etc. On top of your favorite players being suspended into oblivion for getting a parking ticket.

Don't listen to me if you dont want. When Mcguire and Bonds were breaking records and MLB was shattering attendence I was the lone voice in the corner predicting the fall of baseball. The NFL will be hit hard by then end of this decade, and I plan to be off the train before it happens so I can laugh from the sideline.

#120 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Sapp is saying that Shockey was the snitch. Really wouldn't surprise me, Shockey is a total a**. BINGO! RT @elnicastro: Shockey..? RT QBKILLA: Just Heard Who The Snitch Was https://twitter.com/#!/QBKILLA/status/182546899096715264

Shockey should retire right now. Who is going to sign him? He's like Henry Hill.