Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss Hawg

Giants The Next NFC East Team To Upgrade At LB?

81 posts in this topic

Hate to say it, but if the giants get Rivers he instantly becomes their best linebacker. And they will probably get him for a mid round pick at the most. If he can stay healthy he will be a huge upgrade to their defense.

I hope the Giants don't get this deal done! This would greatly improve their LB core if Rivers is healthy.

Why aren't the Eagles interested if it's a mid round pick? Rivers and Ryans makes one of the team's weaknesses a strength.

I hope the Giants don't get this deal done! This would greatly improve their LB core if Rivers is healthy.

Why aren't the Eagles interested if it's a mid round pick? Rivers and Ryans makes one of the team's weaknesses a strength.

I also wouldnt mind the skins jumping in on this. He could be a long-term replacement at interior linebacker for Fletcher, competition for Riley, or insurance if Fletcher signs elsewhere. One of the skins two 4th rounders could outbid the giants.

I'm not so sure how reliable that source is that MG is referencing in the article. I'd love for it to be true, but I'm not going to get my hopes up...

If the Giants want to be competitive against the Eagles, they'll get this deal done.

If the Giants want to be competitive against the Eagles, they'll get this deal done.

:roll:

if any nfc east team (other than the eagles) and besides the cowboys and skins gets rivers, it could be bad for the birds...

if any nfc east team (other than the eagles) and besides the cowboys and skins gets rivers, it could be bad for the birds...

Easy there..this dude has shown a propensity to not be healthy...and I'm not going to be a hypocrite and praise Jerry Reese if he gets this deal done...Like I said above, I'm not sure about the reliability of MG's source in the article..if it gets done and he's healthy, I'm sure he'll help..we'll see...

Rivers >>>>>>>. Ryans

Your stupidity knows no bounds

Keith rivers is so injury prone

Actually, without posting various twitter comments from the regular guys (Scheffter, LaConfora, etc), this rumor has some legs...we;ll see though...dude is always hurt

Actually, without posting various twitter comments from the regular guys (Scheffter, LaConfora, etc), this rumor has some legs...we;ll see though...dude is always hurt

even so, the dudes a monster when healthy and would be a great pickup for the giants...

<p> Update:</p>

<p> </p>

<div class="thread_post_body">Mike Garafolo ‏ @MikeGarafolo<br />

BREAKING: Source on Giants' trade for Bengals LB Keith Rivers says, "It's going to happen."</div>

^ ^ ^

Not sure what that is, but translation: "it's going to happen"

Looks like the trade is a done deal according to multiple twitter posts. They are finalizing details now.

Looks like the trade is a done deal according to multiple twitter posts. They are finalizing details now.

I think Osi is part of it in an exchange of #1's...Giants to get #17 overall...

If true I like that deal.

Osi and 32 for 17 and Rivers. Giants robbed em if thats what it is.

That would be nice. A move back to DE for Kiwi would be almost guaranteed, and could still maybe grab Fleener at 17

If true I like that deal.

Osi and 32 for 17 and Rivers. Giants robbed em if thats what it is.

I wish that was the case..dudes on BBI were speculating that was it...

That would be nice. A move back to DE for Kiwi would be almost guaranteed, and could still maybe grab Fleener at 17

Not true...BBI speculation at best...even if it was, I want no part of a TE at 17..

He is due 2.5 mill and is final year of his contract. He missed 9 games his rookie year with broken jaw. numerous games next two years with calf issues, and he has a DEGENERATIVE wrist injury. He is not going to get better and may even fail a physical. He is at best a temporary 1-year patch until they find someone better. And I would def not want Rivers on this team.