BillySims

Why do people consider Terrell Owens so "talented?"

685 posts in this topic

oh, he was pretty darn talented -- some get their talent naturally, others through hard work, and most through a combination of both

regardless of how he got that talent, you can't deny he was better than most other players on the field during his prime -- his 2004 season is still my favorite individual season by an eagles player ever

Interesting interview: 

Terrell Owens discusses his lack of talent. 

Owens couldn't even outrun Derrick Brooks. 

Because he was? 

Can we lock this one up on that comment? :P

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because he was? 

Can we lock this one up on that comment? :P

Dude don't even bother with this thread. 

This is an awful long argument over just simple semantics.

4 hours ago, voodoochile75 said:

This is an awful long argument over just simple semantics.

You correct lol

On 7/26/2012 at 6:38 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Ever hear of the well publicized fact of Randy Moss being lazy, and only playing when he feels like playing? True story. Look it up

They all have faults. I get the hate that Eagles fans have for the guy, but TO, while in his prime, was a monster. The guy tried, and damn near succeeded, in winning the Birds a SB by himself on a broken leg.

This right here is why I really can't hold onto any hard feelings for TO. That guy worked harder for US as Eagles fans than anyone else on the team that day.

He worked for weeks leading up to the game to get on the field weeks early and put up great stats all while running on pins and screws. 

He felt like the team should acknowledge what he did and I agree with that. His back loaded contract should have been redone with some of the back loaded money coming forward. 

5 decided to have an emotional temper tantrum and things got bad fast. From everything I have heard 5 was out partying the night before the game too. TO clearly felt that he put in a lot more effort and quite honestly he did. Him even being on the field that night is all the proof anyone needs. 

This was the same 5 playing air guitar in Dallas right before playing one of the worst games of his career. 

What could have been. All I know it this. No TO no Super Bowl for there years in a row loosing the NFC Championship. TO first year Super Bowl. 5 had an incredibly bad game again too. And don't even get me started on the last two minutes. 

At the end of the day I am an Eagles fan. But the Eagles really screwed up that situation badly. You can't let guys like TO walk for nothing in the prime of their career and hope to be a winning football team. 

Something else to think about: Even USAIN BOLT lost a step, which is why he retired, and he's only 30. Yet we're expected to believe Owens ran faster at age 38 than he did at 22?

This is why John Clayton said it was "curious" because he'd never even run 4.5 before. Either the stopwatch holder was incompetent and/or Owens had some "help." 

That brings me to another thing - I think it's pretty silly that nobody mentions the elephant in the living room that Owens was so obviously on PEDs throughout his career. I mean, the unnatural physique, the mood swings he's known for...come freak'n on. 

The guy was even subjected to extra testing towards the end of his career because he "accidentally missed" a test.

By no means am I saying he's the only guy who had "help" - I'm sure it's quite prevalent in the NFL. But I mean, people wonder why he's crying like a girl watching The Notebook when defending Tony Romo...look at a shirtless picture of him, his missed PED tests, and figure it out for yourself. 

And he was on these PEDs because without them, his lack of talent relative to his peers would have had him buried on the depth chart. All he had going for him was his knowledge of the game from paying attention in the film room and to coaching, his height, and his weight. 

11 hours ago, BillySims said:

Something else to think about: Even USAIN BOLT lost a step, which is why he retired, and he's only 30. Yet we're expected to believe Owens ran faster at age 38 than he did at 22?

This is why John Clayton said it was "curious" because he'd never even run 4.5 before. Either the stopwatch holder was incompetent and/or Owens had some "help." 

That brings me to another thing - I think it's pretty silly that nobody mentions the elephant in the living room that Owens was so obviously on PEDs throughout his career. I mean, the unnatural physique, the mood swings he's known for...come freak'n on. 

The guy was even subjected to extra testing towards the end of his career because he "accidentally missed" a test.

By no means am I saying he's the only guy who had "help" - I'm sure it's quite prevalent in the NFL. But I mean, people wonder why he's crying like a girl watching The Notebook when defending Tony Romo...look at a shirtless picture of him, his missed PED tests, and figure it out for yourself. 

And he was on these PEDs because without them, his lack of talent relative to his peers would have had him buried on the depth chart. All he had going for him was his knowledge of the game from paying attention in the film room and to coaching, his height, and his weight. 

He didn't miss a test. He missed a call to set up for testing.