Photo
- - - - -

Week 8: 49ers @ Cardinals

49ers cardinals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 AlpineEagle

AlpineEagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,577 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

49ers @ Cardinals

#2 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,752 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Gruden may or may not be the next Eagles coach, but he makes MNF painful to watch.

#3 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Gruden may or may not be the next Eagles coach, but he makes MNF painful to watch.

Is it his over-enthused demeanor or his football analysis? Because I actually learn a lot from him in terms of X's and O's and football terminologies. He does call every other player 'the best player' at his position though, bit of a throwback to John Madden.

#4 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,752 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Is it his over-enthused demeanor or his football analysis? Because I actually learn a lot from him in terms of X's and O's and football terminologies. He does call every other player 'the best player' at his position though, bit of a throwback to John Madden.

It's his voice, it's his facial expressions and it's the second thing you said... every other player is the best ever. I can't listen to the audio anymore when I watch MNF. I just can't.

#5 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

It's his voice, it's his facial expressions and it's the second thing you said... every other player is the best ever. I can't listen to the audio anymore when I watch MNF. I just can't.

lol ya I know what you mean...I guess for me I can take the histrionics as long as he also provides me with some football knowledge. He actually does a good job on replays as far as deciphering and simplifying plays for the viewer.

#6 New Zealand Eagle

New Zealand Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I like Gruden. :meh:

#7 New Zealand Eagle

New Zealand Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

FFCA :lol:

#8 New Zealand Eagle

New Zealand Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

So that's what an O-line looks like.

#9 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,752 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

What's with this new phrase that everyone seems to like to use "The eraser" or the "erasure"?

#10 New Zealand Eagle

New Zealand Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I have not heard this?

#11 Sleep

Sleep

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

I like Gruden too. :huh:

#12 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Get it done FO

#13 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'd love to see Gruden in Philly :lol: I think you guys would love him regardless of wins and losses, sort of like how so many of you think so highly of Buddy Ryan even though he didn't accomplish anything in Philly. You guys have been subjected to probably the blandest, driest most brutal personality a coach has ever had for so long.

#14 metalhead0043

metalhead0043

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts
  • Fan Since:92

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Nothing better than a good old fashioned AFC West showdown! :thumbsdown: this game is so boring. How did we lose to the Cardinals? They can barely move the ball.

#15 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Nothing better than a good old fashioned AFC West showdown! :thumbsdown: this game is so boring. How did we lose to the Cardinals? They can barely move the ball.

We lost to the Cardinals too :thumbsdown: I'm asking myself that same question

#16 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 80,244 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Nice hit on Doucett! Glad there wasn't a flag.

#17 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Nice to see Randy get a good score

#18 RSAZ

RSAZ

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Team:Cardinals

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

No, 9ers are just that good. This is their year. They have a well balanced team. Fierce D, a competent Q B who is smart but not flashy, a solid O line and good special teams. Jim Harbaugh was hired in January 2011 and has built a solid team around his players' strengths. Andy and Whis are still stubbornly trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Meanwhile, the "rookie" coach is heading to the Superbowl.

#19 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,622 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Madden on favre, "You know, Brett Favre is a pretty darn good football player, and when darn good football players play at their best, it makes other players look pretty darn good"

No, 9ers are just that good. This is their year. They have a well balanced team. Fierce D, a competent Q B who is smart but not flashy, a solid O line and good special teams. Jim Harbaugh was hired in January 2011 and has built a solid team around his players' strengths. Andy and Whis are still stubbornly trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Meanwhile, the "rookie" coach is heading to the Superbowl.
I would hope so, after 10 years of drafting real high and stocking up players they should be good, it just took a HC and HC who brought in a DC that knows how to run the 3/4, and simple up the offense

#20 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'd love to see Gruden in Philly :lol: I think you guys would love him regardless of wins and losses, sort of like how so many of you think so highly of Buddy Ryan even though he didn't accomplish anything in Philly. You guys have been subjected to probably the blandest, driest most brutal personality a coach has ever had for so long.

I think had Lurie wanted Gruden he would have promoted him when he was already on the staff. He didn't do it.

That's not to say he wouldn't rethink it this time around. After all he did get the Buc's to win the SB. Even though he himself didn't put the team together. But at this point I don't think Lurie cares who puts the team together. Just who puts them over the top for a SB Championship!

. I like John, and John likes Foles. So he would give him every opportunity to excell.