Photo
- - - - -

The Giants have never been 7-2 under Tom Coughlin.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
115 replies to this topic

#1 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,156 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

They were 6-2 in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, and 2011. If they can buck that trend it should go a long way towards preventing another second half collapse. Will they do it? They got the Steelers next week. Should be fun.

#2 wrestlevessel

wrestlevessel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

No one cares. And in 2008 they were 8-1. Your Giants always off to good starts. Even 5-3 in 2004. So annoying.

#3 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think they'll get to 8-2 before the bye...

#4 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,227 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

They've started the season 6-2 that many times :o to be honest those "second half collapses" you guys all moan about are moot when you can brush it off and come back the following season like nothing happened.

#5 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

They've started the season 6-2 that many times :o to be honest those "second half collapses" you guys all moan about are moot when you can brush it off and come back the following season like nothing happened.

And I don't think that's going to happen this time around. I've said since pre-season, this team can withstand injuries more so than any team in the Reese/Coughlin Era. I mean, case in point. Yesterday Stevie Brown was one of the best players on the field. He's a backup forced to play because of injury (KP) and suspension (Wil Hill). Gone are the days where an injury to KP would mean C.C. Brown for the year...

#6 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,227 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

And I don't think that's going to happen this time around. I've said since pre-season, this team can withstand injuries more so than any team in the Reese/Coughlin Era. I mean, case in point. Yesterday Stevie Brown was one of the best players on the field. He's a backup forced to play because of injury (KP) and suspension (Wil Hill). Gone are the days where an injury to KP would mean C.C. Brown for the year...

Much respect, they're a very well organization. I'd say as far as resilience to injuries, they're second only to the Texans, who kept churning last season with out Schaub and Andre Johnson for god's sake.

#7 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

They were 6-2 in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, and 2011. If they can buck that trend it should go a long way towards preventing another second half collapse. Will they do it? They got the Steelers next week. Should be fun.

They might be if they don't try another RB, Bradshaw isn't cutting it anymore.

#8 wrestlevessel

wrestlevessel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

We have never seen Eli go down. It would be interesting to see that once and see how much resilaiance the Giants really have. Would they fold over like last years Colts? I think so.

#9 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,370 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

We have never seen Eli go down. It would be interesting to see that once and see how much resilaiance the Giants really have. Would they fold over like last years Colts? I think so.

Take the starting QB out of the line-up for ANY team, and you'll see a big drop-off

You're pretty f'd in the head if you allow this hatred of yours to cause you to say such idiotic, ignorant things. Hoping for an injury to Eli just to see them lose? You should stop watching football, rent a Uhaul, and get the F out of NY immediately. Go south, or west, but until you do, shut the hell up and quit the psycho-babble.

#10 DieHardPhan

DieHardPhan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

And the Eagles were 13-0 following the bye week under Coach Reid.

Hmm...

#11 seengreen

seengreen

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts
  • Fan Since:77

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

They aren't 7-2 now either...

#12 Shocker54

Shocker54

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 25,048 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Tough tough schedule coming up for the G Women.

It's gonna come down to week 17

#13 LesDawg1978

LesDawg1978

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

They aren't 7-2 now either...

But wait, Rich said they're going to be 8-2 :roll:

They (Rich36) keep thinking everything is sweet. Saints, Packers, Falcons, Ravens, Skins and Eagles all coming up for them. We shall see.....

Don't sleep on the Bengals either. GMEN have to travel there as well....

#14 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

But wait, Rich said they're going to be 8-2 :roll:

They (Rich36) keep thinking everything is sweet. Saints, Packers, Falcons, Ravens, Skins and Eagles all coming up for them. We shall see.....

Don't sleep on the Bengals either. GMEN have to travel there as well....

Get to the bye at 7-3. Regroup and go 4-2 the rest of the way...it's all still infront of this team..Now Les, you're talking a big game this AM- mere hours before your team gets embarrassed on MNF..you'll be 3-5 heading into a home game vs a Dallas team playing better than you are right now...

#15 superdawk20

superdawk20

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Fan Since:conception

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Much respect, they're a very well organization. I'd say as far as resilience to injuries, they're second only to the Texans, who kept churning last season with out Schaub and Andre Johnson for god's sake.

Not that they lost their starting QB but Packers Super Bowl year, I think they had like 16 players on IR which I thought was impressive!

#16 LesDawg1978

LesDawg1978

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Get to the bye at 7-3. Regroup and go 4-2 the rest of the way...it's all still infront of this team..Now Les, you're talking a big game this AM- mere hours before your team gets embarrassed on MNF..you'll be 3-5 heading into a home game vs a Dallas team playing better than you are right now...

See, you're mad right now.....I get that...I mean, you said 8-2 and now that you are wrong yet again, first thing you do is bring up the Eagles.

Fact is, I never even mentioned the Eagles in my post. How do you know I wasn't talking about the Skins or the Pokes? Bottom line though, you said in an earlier post that you would go 8-2 by the bye. I laughed 2 weeks ago when you said that and now I'll laugh again because you were just flat out wrong. So what do you do, instead of taking accountability for such Fu**ery, you talk about (pretty much pray) that the Saints win tonight. Let's say the Saints win tonight, right? That leaves us at 3-5, right? You have the Bengals (in Cincy), Baltimore, Skins, Falcons, Packers, Eagles and the Saints. There is a possible chance that you can go 2-5 the rest of the way. I personally think all of those teams can beat you. The only game where you're decisively the better team is against Cincy and they're no easy out. Not to mention that Baltimore, Atlanta and the Packers are playing better than you, but I believe they're actually flat out better than the Giants. I think the Skins get you in DC and you already know that if the Eagles only win one more game this season, it'll be against the Giants.

Now you're talking Dallas up? Their QB turns it over just like ours does and they've lost 3 straight like we have. You're grasping for straws at this point. Honestly, the Cowboys should've swept you though so I can somewhat see what you're saying.

I'll leave on this note though: The division hasn't been won yet and it will come down to the last week. You better hope it's not between the Giants and Eagles. GOD only knows, you better hope it doesn't!

#17 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

See, you're mad right now.....I get that...I mean, you said 8-2 and now that you are wrong yet again, first thing you do is bring up the Eagles.

Fact is, I never even mentioned the Eagles in my post. How do you know I wasn't talking about the Skins or the Pokes? Bottom line though, you said in an earlier post that you would go 8-2 by the bye. I laughed 2 weeks ago when you said that and now I'll laugh again because you were just flat out wrong. So what do you do, instead of taking accountability for such Fu**ery, you talk about (pretty much pray) that the Saints win tonight. Let's say the Saints win tonight, right? That leaves us at 3-5, right? You have the Bengals (in Cincy), Baltimore, Skins, Falcons, Packers, Eagles and the Saints. There is a possible chance that you can go 2-5 the rest of the way. I personally think all of those teams can beat you. The only game where you're decisively the better team is against Cincy and they're no easy out. Not to mention that Baltimore, Atlanta and the Packers are playing better than you, but I believe they're actually flat out better than the Giants. I think the Skins get you in DC and you already know that if the Eagles only win one more game this season, it'll be against the Giants.

Now you're talking Dallas up? Their QB turns it over just like ours does and they've lost 3 straight like we have. You're grasping for straws at this point. Honestly, the Cowboys should've swept you though so I can somewhat see what you're saying.

I'll leave on this note though: The division hasn't been won yet and it will come down to the last week. You better hope it's not between the Giants and Eagles. GOD only knows, you better hope it doesn't!

There's a better chance the E's are 3-6 after next week than the East coming down to a week 17 contest between the Giants and Eagles. In the UNLIKELY event the E's win, well then it's game on for the East. Should be a fun race down to the end, but I'm not counting on it...And, another thing, I said all along I thought the Giants were going 11-5. They are actually exactly where I figured they'd be at this point in time...I said they'd split with Dallas, lose in Philly and lose in SF. They're right on schedule in my eyes. Are they playing well now? Absolutely not. Are they still among the favorites in the NFC to get back to the SB? Yes...Worry about your team, which is on life support right now...

#18 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I just hope the game's tonight is as big a blow out as I think it will be because I really don't want to be up too late again tonight knowing I will be up til God knows when hoping Obama doesn't get "his revenge" (WTF???) by winning re-election tomorrow night...

#19 LesDawg1978

LesDawg1978

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

There's a better chance the E's are 3-6 after next week than the East coming down to a week 17 contest between the Giants and Eagles. In the UNLIKELY event the E's win, well then it's game on for the East. Should be a fun race down to the end, but I'm not counting on it...And, another thing, I said all along I thought the Giants were going 11-5. They are actually exactly where I figured they'd be at this point in time...I said they'd split with Dallas, lose in Philly and lose in SF. They're right on schedule in my eyes. Are they playing well now? Absolutely not. Are they still among the favorites in the NFC to get back to the SB? Yes...Worry about your team, which is on life support right now...

Flat out lie and you know it. You predicted the Giants to win. Just be wrong, don't lie though.

Worry about my team now? Why can't I comment on your team? Didn't you make a thread just last week about "turning the lights off"? Were you just worried about your team then?

Life support? LOL! Didn't you just lose to said team? We may be on life support but with your schedule coming up, you may be just out right flatlined in the upcoming weeks.

#20 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,336 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

I just hope the game's tonight is as big a blow out as I think it will be because I really don't want to be up too late again tonight knowing I will be up til God knows when hoping Obama doesn't get "his revenge" (WTF???) by winning re-election tomorrow night...

The Saints haven't blown anybody out all year, their 2 wins were both by a TD and are giving up an average of 36 PPG.

Sleep deprivation is obviously F'in with your mind.

#21 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Flat out lie and you know it. You predicted the Giants to win. Just be wrong, don't lie though.

Worry about my team now? Why can't I comment on your team? Didn't you make a thread just last week about "turning the lights off"? Were you just worried about your team then?

Life support? LOL! Didn't you just lose to said team? We may be on life support but with your schedule coming up, you may be just out right flatlined in the upcoming weeks.

Not lying..I figured they'd win this game..What I was saying was I had them at 7-3 at the bye losing IN Dallas; IN Philly; and IN SF...So if you switch the SF and Pitt games, no matter how you slice it, they are exactly where I had them in August...

The Saints haven't blown anybody out all year, their 2 wins were both by a TD and are giving up an average of 36 PPG.

Sleep deprivation is obviously F'in with your mind.

So because they haven't blown anyone out yet means they are incapable of doing so? Especially in the Dome against a turnover prone offense and an over-rated defense?

#22 Amos

Amos

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

He older than dirt, butt he a good coach'em up kind of old school dude.

#23 LesDawg1978

LesDawg1978

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Sure, let's put a guy in there who say's "I'll be stiffer with penalties on China" when in fact he's getting how many millions from investments/companies from over there? Bite the hand that feeds you, I think not.

Oh yeah, let's put the guy in who in the last debate said he cares about 100% of the american people but then behind close doors (video that's going to sink him), he said he didn't care for the 47% that......well, you know the rest.

Eagles/Obama 2012

#24 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Sure, let's put a guy in there who say's "I'll be stiffer with penalties on China" when in fact he's getting how many millions from investments/companies from over there? Bite the hand that feeds you, I think not.

Oh yeah, let's put the guy in who in the last debate said he cares about 100% of the american people but then behind close doors (video that's going to sink him), he said he didn't care for the 47% that......well, you know the rest.

Eagles/Obama 2012

Don't want to turn this into a political debate, but are you really better off today than you were in the fall of 2008? Maybe you are, but ask the 23 million Americans out of work or the 1 in 6 in poverty or the record number of Americans on food stamps. And, it's my opinion, if Obama wins, I'm saying the 1st quarter next year is a bloodbath for jobs as firms are hit with new taxes and the costs to them from Obamacare are realized...

#25 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,336 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

So because they haven't blown anyone out yet means they are incapable of doing so? Especially in the Dome against a turnover prone offense and an over-rated defense?

Any given Monday, but they're 1-2 at home and have given up 30 PPG there with their only win being by 7 pts. They could very well be the ones getting blown out.

And speaking of "turnover prone offenses and and over-rated D's", how many TOs does Corky have now 11 - 12 and what's jersey joke D ranked, 30th overall? :roll:

#26 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Any given Monday, but they're 1-2 at home and have given up 30 PPG there with their only win being by 7 pts. They could very well be the ones getting blown out.

And speaking of "turnover prone offenses and and over-rated D's", how many TOs does Corky have now 11 - 12 and what's jersey joke D ranked, 30th overall? :roll:

Says the guy who will probably be forced to watch his team play meaningless games from Thanksgiving til week 17...

#27 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,336 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Says the guy who will probably be forced to watch his team play meaningless games from Thanksgiving til week 17...

We shall see, but so far jersey's MO is holding true to form.

Calendar turns to Nov and they start blowing chunks and can't beat Philly.

It's obvious that you're terrified of the prospect of the Birds coming up to the swamp week 17 with the only playoff berth for the NFCE on the line and kicking their arse there yet again. :thumbsup:

#28 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

:lol:

#29 LesDawg1978

LesDawg1978

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Keep the political talk out of here.

#30 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,370 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

You must be relieved. The Giants lost a game, so now you dont have to sit in your bedroom closet pissing your pants anymore, waiting for them to lose, so that you could come in here and thump your man boobs about how you were right all along :roll:

You pathetic coward :roll: :roll: