Photo

[News] O-Line Changes Show Promise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,993 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Injuries forced the Eagles to shuffle their offensive line once again on Sunday. The Eagles' unveiled their third different offensive line combination of the 2012 season Sunday against Atlanta. Aft...

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Trust me...and mark my words...this OLine..and entire offense will be light years more efficient and productive when Foles comes in. Rookie or no rookie....what do people think, he's the first rookie to ever play the game? "Oh my God, he's a rookie...he can't possibly play"? That one move will go a LONG way in curing what ails this team....guaranteed. It's our only chance...were not doing anything like this. Period.

#3 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Oh yes that is a positive! May I ask how'd our o-line help us again???

I don't even believe the spin anymore....I just can't do it.

#4 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

So what happens when Dunlap and Kelly have a bad game? I mean, weren't we hyping up Dunlap a few weeks ago? This whole o-line is inconsistent.

#5 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

If you actually believe that was an improvement Chris you have lowered your standards. The falcons have 1 good pass rusher and he still got a sack while being double teamed (something our defense can't do). This line reminds me oh high school oline. No communication, letting people run free, not making it to the 2nd level.

#6 JAYDEISEL215

JAYDEISEL215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Why are all these people calling for Foles. The guy looked good in preseason where teams do not blitz and are very vanilla so noone will know there scheme. The guy is not ready. Maybe a year or two he will be ready. If Foles start he will be hurt within 2 weeks top.

#7 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Putting Foles in behind this punch and judy line would be murder. At least Vick can get away now and then.

#8 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Herremans has been disappointing this year IMO. I thought he was the one guy we could depend on to be solid every game but he's been beat a lot this year.

#9 skorch

skorch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Fan Since:Roman Days

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Signs of improvement?

You're joking, right...?

#10 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

The season's almost half over. At this point we need to see more than promise from the O-line. These guys know the system by now. It's time to start making hay or this season is done. That goes for the whole team. We need improvement in every phase of the game.

#11 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I don't see us doing much this year. Leave Vick in until he goes down.

#12 TRUE-EAGLE

TRUE-EAGLE

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

wow Chris!! i cant believe you actually put your name on this article...( guess bo and dave smiling that you drew the short straw to put a positive spin on the worst O'line in the league)

With this atrocious O' line the season is over... Vick confidence has gone, ON EACH PLAY more or less Vick must get rid of the ball in 1-2 sec or gets killed. Before the bye weak i read an nfl article that Vick was hit over 100 times while all other qbs was below/close to 50 mark.
To gauge HOW BAD THE OLINE is look at the running game, the last 3 games has produced the lowest production over a 3 game period in over 10years ( with possibly the best back in franchise history...L. McCoy). We fix the O'line we gota half a chance, or the Saints game on MNF will be this years version of last years TNF game at seattle when we just knew the season was over...

#13 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hey here's some more useless good news fellas....McBriar had 2 of his 3 punts inside the 20, and averaged 48 yds for the game!

#14 dogo1971

dogo1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

yo si veo el futuro con obtimismo creo que vamos a terminar 6-10 o 7-9 y con eso andy , marthy y todos los entrenadores se iran a robar a otra, parte por que otro aņo de ( es muy frustrante, devemos trabajar, vamos a mejorar todo ) es pura payasada ni mejoramos ni parece que se trabajara ni nada.

#15 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

mucho frustrante!

#16 vox populi

vox populi

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

There are few things worse than reading a post that is trying to polish a turd. I realize this is the team's website, but if any of you curating this site think fans are going to fall for it again, you're mistaken. If these players haven't quit, then the prognosis is even worse. It would mean that they truly have little to no talent. They weren't just beaten, they were humiliated.

#17 FanFromAfar

FanFromAfar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

This is the first week I can remember players calling out others. Shady challenging the team to show heart. Vick daring Reid to put in the rookie. To borrow a slogan from the bayou the eagles are about to enter, DO YOUR JOB! They need to suck it up and focus on doing the right things. We continue to wear our eagles pride on our sleeve and do our job as fans. We're critical but fair. I'll be going to the game Monday in New Orleans and I'll be wearing my green; doing my job. Now if the team can just do theirs.

#18 Birdflipper

Birdflipper

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

This is a post about the O-Line, so unlike many responses put up here, I'll keep it to that:

This is the first week going back this year (preseason included) where I didn't spend the game lamenting the STARTING O-line. (If you recall Foles got better protection from the second unit than he did from the first). The improvement (against a decent, not great D-line) was undeniable.

BUT!

Let's not fail to notice the gameplan seemed to include a LOT of plays where Vick COULD dump it quickly, as opposed to every play didn't consist of two, three, or four 15-20 yard routes. This was a great move on the part of the coachingstaff. Veteran QB's are going to see fewer blitzes when that happens, and just about ALL if not all of the sacks the EAGLES have given up are to blitzing LB's and Safeties, not D-linemen.

We're getting there.

#19 Duke979

Duke979

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

There is no positive spin to put on the o line performance, they sucked just like every game this season. I still maintain that play calling and the lack of a quarterback with a high football iq is the primary reason they look so bad. A quarterback who can diagnose defenses and get us out of a bad play prior to snapping the ball would improve the situation 10 fold. One of the single biggest factors in making Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees as good as they are is the abilty to diagnose and change into a positive play at the line of scrimmage and adjust protections. Vick has never had this ability and has failed to learn it still!

#20 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Can someone please tell me how the hell the biggest problem on this team, MM, is completely avoiding any scrutiny??????? Fire MM and Free MV7 and this offense now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 bonsai136

bonsai136

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

The only thing this offensive line can do is block out negative criticism

#22 ChaliWil

ChaliWil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

I agree with sliding wussie, Marty MORONwheg has avoided lots of scrutiny and is a CANCER to this team. He never puts it all together. He finally calls a balanced gameplan but takes NO shots down the field like the Falcons did. Anyone else notice, 3 for 3 now that when a balanced gameplan is called, Vick has 1 turnover that can be attributed to the cause of himself. Marty has lost us games due to his ineptness at calling a game and he should be the real culprit.

#23 westbrookforsixxx

westbrookforsixxx

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Atlanta has 8 tackles for a loss, 3 sacks, and 5 QB hits, and it's "promising".... gotta love the PE.com spin team. That was an awful display of run blocking. If we got the run game going, it would have made everything easier.