Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CMPunk

The True Next Eagles Head Coach

57 posts in this topic

Miami Dolphins OC, Mike Sherman.

The guy has been a head coach in this league before and knows the pressure that comes along with it and how to deal with it. He went to the college level and had some success before going to Miami and making Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore look like gold.

If you watched Hard Knocks, you saw his No BS approach to things and how he kept his guys in line. That's exactly what this locker room needs.

In relation to the NFL, I was just watching a replay of the Dolphins/Jets game and noticed how smoothly things ran down there.

Miami Dolphins OC, Mike Sherman.

The guy has been a head coach in this league before and knows the pressure that comes along with it and how to deal with it. He went to the college level and had some success before going to Miami and making Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore look like gold.

If you watched Hard Knocks, you saw his No BS approach to things and how he kept his guys in line. That's exactly what this locker room needs.

In relation to the NFL, I was just watching a replay of the Dolphins/Jets game and noticed how smoothly things ran down there.

IDK, do we really need another WCO guy, we have MM and AR, before them we had Gruden as our OC

Do we really need a true next head coach, though? I'd rather have a next true head coach, personally.

IDK, do we really need another WCO guy, we have MM and AR, before them we had Gruden as our OC

In this particular case, yes. We're loaded on offense and if Sherman can make magic with a bunch of no-names down in Miami, just imagine what he can do with our guys?

Also, he will instill some discipline into these sad sacks of ish we call a team.

I don't think it would be a bad move. I would rather him than any of the Grudens or Cowher.

I'd prefer an established guy. Hell i'd love to entice Saban from Bama despite what happened in Miami.

I don't think it would be a bad move. I would rather him than any of the Grudens or Cowher.

I'd prefer an established guy. Hell i'd love to entice Saban from Bama despite what happened in Miami.

he couldnt get it done at texas A&M and you think he can get it done in philly? no thanks

I don't want anybody else with ties to West Coast Offense. Reason being that offense really doesn't work anymore and nobody really uses it anymore. Nobody's used a true form of the West Coast Offense since Bill Walsh.

I still want a PROVEN HC IMO.

I would like to lure Cowher, or Gruden

wonder if Mike Holmegren would be intrested in coaching again since he is "re-tiring" from the Browns front office after the season is over

1 person likes this

wonder if Mike Holmegren would be intrested in coaching again since he is "re-tiring" from the Browns front office after the season is over

Why would any of those guys wanna coach HERE when they could get a sweet job on the beach in San Diego with a passive fanbase and media?

Besides, most of those guys have lost their fire and usually hiring proven coaches backfire (Ditka/Gibbs/Parcells/etc)

1 person likes this

I don't want anybody else with ties to West Coast Offense. Reason being that offense really doesn't work anymore and nobody really uses it anymore. Nobody's used a true form of the West Coast Offense since Bill Walsh.

Then by that logic no one with ties to it now actually runs a true WCO anymore so doesn't that kind of make your whole complaint meaningless?

The real/old WCO doesn't work.

No one actually runs the true WCO anymore.

Then all the coaches whose scheme is termed a WCO is not the true WCO anyway so they technically run something different that has adjusted to the changes of the game over time.

You think any of these so called young guns that all talk a big game would listen to old man Sherman?

No thanks. They need a young, fiery, up and coming coach that can relate to these guys. Someone like a Mike Tomlin or Jim Harbaugh.

2 people like this

Saban will never leave that situation, he's literally treated like a king and gets whatever he wants.

Holmgren said he still has the itch to coach

Holmgren said he still has the itch to coach

I would welcome this.

Some fans say no to Holmgren because they believe he is a direct copy of Andy Reid......that's not the case at all. Holmgren and Reid are not the same kind of coaches.

I would welcome this.

Some fans say no to Holmgren because they believe he is a direct copy of Andy Reid......that's not the case at all. Holmgren and Reid are not the same kind of coaches.

I agree on the not alike part, don't know if I want him though...

My top 5, in order:

1. Bill Cowher

2. Jon Gruden

3. Tony Dungy

4. Brian Billick

5. Rob Ryan

My top 5, in order:

1. Bill Cowher

2. Jon Gruden

3. Tony Dungy

4. Brian Billick

5. Rob Ryan

5 people like this

You think any of these so called young guns that all talk a big game would listen to old man Sherman?

No thanks. They need a young, fiery, up and coming coach that can relate to these guys. Someone like a Mike Tomlin or Jim Harbaugh.

Why would they listen to some young incompetent coordinator that they've never heard of? Mike Sherman is experienced and knows how to deal with young punks.

Rick Dennison, Texans OC

No, the Texans have a surplus of talent while the Dolphins are working with scrubs.

Rick Dennison, Texans OC

actually when you said this, I was going to respond by saying I'd rather have their DC, but that's Wade Phillips, isn't it? No thanks.

How many PROVEN head coaches go to other teams and win Superbowls?

I'll save you the googling: zero.

The majority of coaches who do actually win Superbowls have never been a head coach, they get hired from a coordinator or position coach job.

Some with HC experience but no SB have been recycled and won like Gruden, Dungy and Coughlin.

But most have never been a HC before.

1 person likes this