Photo
- - - - -

Team needs a coach like Mike Tomlin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thochrun

Thochrun

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

We need a coach like Mike Tomlin. Steelers year in as year out are a competitive team. This is two years now that the Eagles have completely sucked and prior seasons never led to a Super Bowl with Andy Reid. He's to easy gojng, we need a coach that will grab face masks and amp players up. Reid is a joke and is way too predictable, I can't wait until he's gone along with MM, Washburn, Mudd. God I can't stand seeing the walrus on the sideline abymore

#2 RepPhilly

RepPhilly

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Tomlin is a very good coach but it helps if you have a very good QB in Big Ben and also have had a consistently good to great defense for many years even before Tomlin was coach, which you can credit D Lebeau for that. Up until Jim Johnson passed away, our defense was good under his watch. It hasn't been the same since he passed. Of course no matter how great your defense is, they will have bad games every now and then....... it happens in the NFL.

Whoever the new coach is, hopefully they have excellent assistants under them, not bums like Marty Moronweig. I actually think Todd Bowles is a good coach for defense. Give him a few weeks for players to get used to him and we'll be good on D. It's the offense I'm worried about.

#3 wyo_eagle_fan

wyo_eagle_fan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

All four tires are stuck in the mud and can't get much traction. With rear wheel drive. Nothing close to a decent 4x4.

#4 DeathByEagle

DeathByEagle

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

HC- Kevin Gilbride (Gmen OC)
- I would love to get a Defensive coach in here but I like Gilbride better then any of the Defensive minded coaches available. With the right HB(McCoy) he likes to use a balanced offense and spreads the ball. He has 2 SB rings and is not afraid to get in his players face.

OC- Sean Ryan (Gmen QB coach)
- This is a guy who knows Gilbrides system well and has coached up a good QB. I hate to admit it but Eli has turned the page and has become a elite QB. Gilbride brining in one of his own guys would make the transition easier, esp since Grilbride will be calling the offense anyways.

DC- Rex Ryan (Jet HC)
- I think we all know Rex will be fired after this season with the Jets. Many coaches have failed at HC but then went back too thier roots at OC or DC and had great success. Lets face it Rex knows defense. His first 2 seasons when he called the Def plays they did amazing. Once he gave it up the calling they went to crap. He had one of the best defenses in Balt for many years. Hes tough, a punch you in your face defensive minded coach. Thats what philly wants.

:D

#5 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,629 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

IIRC when Tomlin was hired , the Steelers where pretty much set as a team, yeah, he won a SB, and lost one as well, and to lose to the Broncos in the playoffs last year tells us what?

#6 Hank_TheBody_Fraley

Hank_TheBody_Fraley

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,312 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

If only Rooney had never traded the Eagles for the Stillers.

#7 JRoy

JRoy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Mike Tomlin does the greatest impression of a night time owl that I've ever seen during press conferences.

But we have Andy and his never-seen before mustache throughout history. One end of it goes south. The other end goes southeast. The man is one of a kind.

#8 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Before the Eagles hire any coach....

Before the Eagles hire and player personnel people....

Before the Eagles hire any players.....

They MUST identify and hire.....a top shelf GM.....IMO, THAT is job #1 for Jeffrey Lurie. Without that hire....nothing else matters.

#9 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

One thing you can say about Tomlin is they do not lack for effort, passion and toughness.

Cannnot always say that about the Eagles of the last 5-6 years.