[News] Vick Called Players-Only Meeting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,501 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Quarterback Michael Vick called a players-only meeting on Wednesday in which he said nine or 10 veterans and leaders addressed the team in an honest and open forum to get the team back on track fol...

View the full article

#2 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

its great that they held a players only meeting but if the o line cant block for shady to run and give time for plays to develop downfield in the passing game for vick then thats a waste of time.get out on the practice field and correct whats wrong instead of talking about it.

#3 jameex

jameex

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

vinrock3... that was pointless.. The players meeting is between teammates and a family.. not the coaches.. Or practicing.. it was for everyone to keep their head out of the media and dont let anything outside the team effect them.. Like the negativity the entire NFL has shadowed over the eagles organization..

#4 DC_Eagle43

DC_Eagle43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Fan Since:Fog Bowl

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I hope that in that meeting the team leaders told Nate Allen to hit some damn body when he has a chance rather than standing flat footed with his arms open swinging at air!  I'm tired of his soft as cotton a**!

#5 pascojoe

pascojoe

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

We can blame everyone from Mr. Lurie down to the disgruntled fans but the players play period. They know how much the picks, dropped passes, penalties, blown coverages etc. costs this team and more importantly who's responsible for each.
They can fix it faster and better than anyone. We'll have to sit and see if this team has the talent and leaders Monday night.

#6 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm glad the players are taking some initiative. You guys gotta win one for your coach, for your city, and for YOURSELVES. The defense needs to get FIRED UP ANGRY and rip some faces off. I really wanna see Polk finally get some carries. Let that kid run someone over, some aggression like that could spark something in the rest of the guys.

#7 VA Green

VA Green

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

It good to hear and good to see players like Jenkins that has been to and won a Super Bowl speak up.  There are some guys on the team that clearly do stupid things that hurt the team they needed to be reeled in.

#8 C'MON MAN

C'MON MAN

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.

----Vince Lombardi

A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.

------Vince Lombardi

Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

--------Vince Lombardi

Eagles have to decide whether they want to be on the winning side or losing side. Like the great Vince Lombardi said....you dont win once in a while. You dont do things right once in a while. There are several teams who are consistent every sunday, every season. This is the Eagles problem....not being consistent. They have the talent and I pray and hope the meeting was about finding that spark to win and continue to play 100% each and every week. Thats the difference between winners and losers.

#9 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

They need some leadership on this team, everyone seems like there out for themselves and just collecting those checks every week

#10 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Protect the locker room from outside forces or what I call propaganda Eagles. A lot of people are wishing that if they keep spewing negativity outside the locker room it would divide the team and in which it would cause a certain player lose his contract.  Eagles ignore them fight thru this hardship together and it will build character! Fly Eagles Fly! Defense win Championships! Lets go D!

#11 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Oh boy........this is last year all over again. Hope it's a better result this time around.

#12 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Too bad they all don't have DeMeco's desire and intensity and dedication. This team sure does a LOT of talking though...and very little once the whistle blows. And Vick should be no different than any other player at any other position. If someone else isn't playing well, they get benched...he should be no different. Why...cause he's the QB he can't be benched when he's turning the ball over 3 out of 6 times he touches it? Oh great, he had a good game because he didn't have a TO? He didn't even crack 200 yards for crying out loud. He missed about 4 or 5 open receivers by staring down one guy...he doesn't know how to use a simple pump fake or look off the defense. Their still trying to TEACH him the positon...all while were trying to win a Title? Oh brother. This team is a joke and the only way to change that is to go out and play like a team that WANTS to win and has some balls and desire and FIGHT.....THAT will go a LOT further than words.

#13 C'MON MAN

C'MON MAN

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

sambo......stfu pls...And thank you captain obvious for your last sentence.

#14 steveduch

steveduch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Bout time they called a players only meeting.  Now hopefully they can get something going. They should start Curry and see what he can do. They should bench Tapp and Babin for no production (This guy is all about himself, he should be let go at the end of the year) Glad that Vick is starting, there never should have been a controversy as to who wiull be starting. I know alot of people are wanting Foles to start because of his stats in the preseason, but look at the stats of most of the players that started in the preseason compared to what they are now, I dont think foles will do any better. But hopefully this will be a win in NO and on to good things here on out

#15 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

@sambo4 Super Bowl Champs Eli Manning & Rodgers didn't break 200 yards. How can you as an audience member see 4-5 receivers being open with one camera angle that's on the line of scrimmage until the ball is released. Before the season people were praying for Vick to get hurt. It didn't happen. So... #7 played to games and won them with game winning drives. People were furious because he won the game with multiple TOs! So the angry people focused on his TOs. Against the Lions & Pittsburg Vick's offense had the substantial lead in the 4th quarters. The defense lost both of those games. So the angry people blamed it on #7. So here's the scenario, the angry people are going to raise the bar real high for #7. If the Eagles win Vick must throw 400 yards, 0 TOs, 4TDs to make people mad enough to say, "It doesn't mean anything, they played the worst defense, it's just one game."

#16 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I just hope this meeting wakes everybody up and makes the team jacked up to kick some arse from here on out! WE STILL HAVE FAITH IN YOU BIRDS! BEAT THEM BOUNTY HUNTERS! LOL

#17 jacka123

jacka123

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

We won't win more than 9 games, and Andy and Vick will both be gone.  That is my prediction.  I've been a fan for 50 years, so, yes, I've seen a lot, I'm not new to football.

#18 trini

trini

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

jameex... arg7822 ... Y'EA Boy y'all  on point way to SPIT IT  my brethren...I for one have already been chided about saying  how easily Eagle fans are manuipliated by the Nfl Network and Local Media... all you hear is NEGATIVITY about Vick . Tony Romo has more T/O and Int than Vick yet when the N.F.L analyst discussed ROMO it was as if they were talking about Manning or Brady. The National Media / N.F.L Network has made our QB the Poster Boy of T/O and our Fans those Front Runners and Band Wagoners have all jumped in against Vick . Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I believe in Vick the TOUGHEST sumbi*^h QB in game.I hope and still believe he is our best chance  along with Reid to win it all.

#19 Weapon~X

Weapon~X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

trini i agree 100% but i still say that if this season gets 2 far outta hand we should start Foles just 2 c what we really have in him b4 the draft in april so we know weather 2 spend a high draft pick on a QB or actually get that coveted SAFETY we desperately need.. I love both Allen and Coleman.. COLEMAN IS SOO GOOD 4 A 7TH RND PICK but in this game,, its not bout who we love and hate.. its about who produces on the field.. PLZ DONT FIRE REID.. HE IS THE GREATEST COACH WE HAVE EVER HAD!!

#20 Jbutler2782

Jbutler2782

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I loved Reid but its time to go. I hope he takes Vick with him. You stick with Vick as crappy as he plays congrats because he is going to cost you your job. Cowboys Chiefs Eagles lead league in turnovers they all have losing records Vick alone has 13 of our 17 . Yea great call Reid

#21 Jbutler2782

Jbutler2782

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I hope Vick gets knocked out of game so Reid doesnt have a choice. Nothing to serious but atleast we would get to see what Foles can or cant do. Vick Romo never going to win sb they are turnover mistake machines.

#22 Birdflipper

Birdflipper

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Trini, you NAILED IT, and Weapon-X you said it correctly. Reid is the BEST IN FRANCHISE HISTORY! Firing him could be THE most disastrous move Lurie has ever made in regards to this team.

With how disenchanted Jerry Jones is with his team, if Lurie fires Reid, what do you want to bet that Andy Reid would top his list of coaching candidates? And how would THIS be for a twist: Reid goes to DALLAS and wins the Lombardi with Tony Romo?

At 3-4 the EAGLES fate is still in their hands. So fans, (**** the media), should stop acting like the season is over, and get behind the team they claim to love so much.

#23 Kdawgg

Kdawgg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

We get too gimmicky on both sides of the ball. We need to take a few pages from the 49ers play book and just be tough and methodical.

#24 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

The season really isn't all that out of hand yet. Eagles always do their best in the November-December time. But the play-calling for the Eagles needs to change, a lot. For an offensive line that can't block, they need more screen and slant plays to get the ball out quickly. Marty isn't really a football mind, just one of Reid's good friends.

#25 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

What needs to change quickly is to get rid of MM.  That is the only way this O turns around.  Well, there is another way, but it will never happen.  And that is if MV7 tells MM to go blank himself with his stupid plays and starts running hard again.  And MV starts audibling more at the line and gives the ball more to Shady.  But hey one can dream.  But that is all it will be is dreams.  MM is one of the worst O coordinators, if not the worst, in the NFL.  FIRE MM AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE!!!!!

#26 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

OPEN LETTER TO MR. AND MRS. LURIE;
We all know how much you love this team...Time to make some tough decisions....My suggestion is to hire JOHN GRUDEN NOW!!!  Tell  AR thanks for your help.....And sit back and watch your (our) team get on the WINNING TRACK.....Best Wishes, an Eagle fan from Franklin Field days...

#27 IveGivenUp

IveGivenUp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

A players only meeting?  That is supposed to help?  If you don't have the talent on the field no matter how many kum-by-ya meetings you have won't amount to anything.  Add to the fact that the coaching is abysmal and doubtful to change anytime soon, and we have a recipe for another losing season--just add it to the heap of failed expectations.  I am surprised the owner has put up with this for so long...

#28 Viperman29

Viperman29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Listen I really have to say that none of this really matters because there is only one issue that really needs to be looked at, and that is the horrible offensive line that couldn't block a pebble being thrown at Vick. Everyone keeps wanting to blame Vick, everyone wants to blame Shady, everyone wants to blame the defense, everyone wants to blame Andy Reid. How about we get right to the point of the biggest problem there is and tell Howard Mudd to stop putting a ****** offensive line on the field come game time.

#29 moblack029

moblack029

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

We should have signed PLAXICO and Shancoe! FIRE the entire coaching staff and half the players!