Photo

[News] Help Coming For D-Line; Allen Injured

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,875 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

While the Eagles may be without a young star on defense for Monday night’s game, it looks likely that they will be welcoming back a trusted veteran. Safety Nate Allen injured his left hamstring in ...

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Someone must've bumped their head if they think Nate Allen is a 'young star'. Who can say that with a straight face? I mean...your kidding, right? His next big play will be his first, and he's never seen a pump fake he didn't bite on. I don't know what Nate Allen their looking at, but....if you think Allen's a star...than I'm freaking Fabio.

#3 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hes not a star... But hes no scrub.. Injuries took a big toll on his progress. He,was 2nd best safety in his class, and he showed why till that injury

#4 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

You're right Dub, he was doing great until he got hurt. I just hope David Sims is that hungry and tears it up against the saints! Go Birds!

#5 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

I hear u ace. This team needs,to get back to where we were with mcnabb. U know... Exciting wins, ups and downs but always,in.the hunt... So close u can taste it. Nvr won the big one and came short of it a few times... But it was worth the watch. Last few years.... Im sorry but gosh this team stinks.. Hope d line shows up, nate gets back, and hope sims plays so we he replaces coleman soon

#6 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

i dont know jack about this sims guy but id take coleman any day over this unknown

#7 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

i hope they use hunt more even though hes got a calf issue. on the d line he was a beast every time he was on the field

#8 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

I just read on the NFL network where one "unnamed Eagles defensive player" said, Vick ain't the problem, we got help him. My question would be to that player; Hasn't the defense helped him by holding the opponent to a low point total while he was consistently turning the ball over in the 3 wins? This is a team that should be scoring 30-35 pts per game with consistent QB play, I know, blame the OL just like in preseason when Vick got hurt it was the OL, the same OL blocked for Foles in the preseason when he started in place of Vick. When are they going to realize in the NovaCare complex that Vick is the main problem. This team goes as its QB goes. Point blank!

#9 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Having a players only meeting doesn't change the fact that Vick can't play and he will probably struggle against the Saints on Monday NIght. Andy, Marty you have failed with Vick and your team doesn't have a QB to consistently make smart decisions week in and week out., you stink at drafting and developing talent and you don't want to play Foles because Howie probably wanted to draft Foles more than you and is probably taking the heat for the 2011 draft that I believe was typical Andy Reid. Andy and Marty are the worst at developing talent these guys have players that are explosive starting and sitting on the bench and you are scoring 17 pts per game after 7 games. Why? It's because those guys are in love with Vick and average players like Avant and neither one of them can be counted on to reach the end-zone on most Sundays. Vick is usually good for maybe 1 passing TD per game and you persuaded the owner to give him 80mil dollars off of 10 good games. Vick definitely can't be upset if you bench him because noone else would have given him 80mil dollar but this brilliant organization. 8-8 last year, 3-4 this year, same crap different day.Thanks guys.Times yours.

#10 jacka123

jacka123

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Where is Graham, why is he not playing?

#11 jacka123

jacka123

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Forget this year. The Eagles will be nothing but an "also ran" team until they get rid of both Andy Reid, and Michael Vick.

#12 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ive been this about vick for eternity. Being athletic doesnt make u a good qb. Everyone loves to defend vick...idk y he always gets a pass and ppl defend him. Ppl on here told me I was,out of my mind if I didnt tjink.he was,a,top 10 qb. Lmao ...what a joke. Ill always root for this team no matfer whos playing for themm..but I dont have to like or agree with the personel . Ill take foles right now, tell marty to hit the road, and let reid finish the year. Next year replace reid and,bowles. Draft another qb late, draft a wr as top priority!

#13 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

VINNIE CURRY NEEDS TO BE GETTING SNAPS