Photo
- - - - -

Jeremiah Trotter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hey Dave, do you agree with Trotter? http://www.975thefan...ntryID=10460418

Thanks Dave

#2 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,543 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I do.

#3 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

So do I. 100%

#4 Erie

Erie

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,404 posts
  • Fan Since:Jaws

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

I think I read that Dave forwarded posters complaints about the Babin and Co's twitter nonsense to coaches and that it was being addresses.

#5 Hoagie

Hoagie

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,526 posts
  • Fan Since:Raw meat

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Trotter is 100% right. With that being said, does it still bother anyone else the Eagles let him walk in 02? I really think we would've won the SB that year had we retained him. :(

#6 GTD

GTD

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,444 posts
  • Fan Since:always

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

HAIL Trotter!

#7 NOTW

NOTW

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 23,872 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

This team sorely misses leaders like Trotter, Dawkins, Runyan, Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, etc. Holy crap when you look at the guys Reid had early in his career compared to now.

#8 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think I read that Dave forwarded posters complaints about the Babin and Co's twitter nonsense to coaches and that it was being addresses.

http://boards.philad...5#entry16968705

#9 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,689 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Trotter is 100% right. With that being said, does it still bother anyone else the Eagles let him walk in 02? I really think we would've won the SB that year had we retained him. :(

Yes. I'll never get over the NFCG loss that year.

This team sorely misses leaders like Trotter, Dawkins, Runyan, Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, etc. Holy crap when you look at the guys Reid had early in his career compared to now.

It's not a coincidence that he didn't draft a single one of those guys either. And if they hadn't been around I don't think he ever would have made it past his "first" 5 year plan.

#10 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,703 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

It's not a coincidence that he didn't draft a single one of those guys either. And if they hadn't been around I don't think he ever would have made it past his "first" 5 year plan.

It's staggering how much the character, and likability, of the Eagles has diminished as the pre-Reid players have left the roster. Oh, and the overall team performance, as well.

#11 Ipspots

Ipspots

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Fan Since:B4 1980

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

You cannot underestimate what the leadership of a few mean to the masses.... Dawk, Trotter.... two of the best right there.

#12 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Thought that Demeco Ryans was supposed to fill the role of leader on this team in addition to a major lack of talent at the LB position.

have not seen any of that yet....

#13 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,703 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Thought that Demeco Ryans was supposed to fill the role of leader on this team in addition to a major lack of talent at the LB position.

Isn't that just another part of the problem, pat? Instead of leaders just naturally developing here, we import guys, and tell them "oh, by the way, you're now a leader".

A** backward, just like everything else.

#14 ckudrick

ckudrick

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

What exactly do you expect to see? DeMeco is one of the few guys actually performing well on the field and, by all accounts, is a leader in the locker room. He was one of the players who spoke at the "players only" meeting. He can't make the other guys play better.

#15 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

What exactly do you expect to see? DeMeco is one of the few guys actually performing well on the field and, by all accounts, is a leader in the locker room. He was one of the players who spoke at the "players only" meeting. He can't make the other guys play better.

Very true- he cannot make the Safeties suddenly have talent, the def ends get to the QB or Nnamdi cover like he did 3-4 years ago.

I will say he's been an improvement over Casey Matthews but is that really saying much?

Has not been much of a playmaker and like the rest of the team, a disappointment when you consider the Eagles touted him as the major pickup of the off season as both a leader and a playmaker.

#16 DawkinsOwnage03

DawkinsOwnage03

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 23,583 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hey Dave, thank Trotter the next time you see him! He always had balls and is Philly, Babin is a mercenary fraud.

#17 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,543 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Isn't that just another part of the problem, pat? Instead of leaders just naturally developing here, we import guys, and tell them "oh, by the way, you're now a leader".

A** backward, just like everything else.

Indeed!!

mj,

Perhaps that'll be the new strategy.....find a completely inept HC and then he'll be expected to "mistake" his way to a SB win????? The reverse, as you so succinctly stated, isn't working.

#18 Runtherock

Runtherock

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,980 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Trott knows. When you start coddling your players to "keep the lockerroom" you've lost it. Game over. There's a limited number of character players here, clearly, and that's a big part of the problem, but Reid has lost his edge, his authority. Its over.