- - - - -

Eagles Notes: Eagles' Mike Patterson says he will play Monda

marc narducci inquirer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,361 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Narducci

Eagles Notes: Eagles' Mike Patterson says he will play Monday

Marc Narducci, Inquirer Staff Writer

Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 1:43 AM

Eagles defensive tackle Mike Patterson could not stop smiling - and for good reason.

After being sidelined all season, Patterson said before Friday's practice at the NovaCare Complex that he would play in Monday's game at the Superdome against the New Orleans Saints.

Patterson suffered a seizure during a training camp practice in 2011. He appeared in 15 games last season, then underwent brain surgery in January to remove an arteriovenous malformation.

Despite Patterson's assertion, the Eagles would not say for sure that he would play next week.

"I am going to see how he does," defensive coordinator Todd Bowles said.

An eighth-year defensive tackle and former first-round draft choice, Patterson began practicing with the team on Oct. 22.

The Eagles had three weeks from the time he returned to practice to activate Patterson off the nonfootball injury list and onto the 53-man roster or place him on the injured reserve list, which would rule him out for the season.

"I am going to get some time - I just don't know how much," Patterson said. He said he did not think he would start and would likely be eased back into action.

"I probably won't get as many reps as expected," he said. "I want to play more, but they just kind of want to break me in slowly and see how I do from there."