Photo

[News] QB Michael Vick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,188 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

On how big of a challenge it is to deal with the crowd noise in New Orleans with an offensive line that has not played together much: "It’s a challenge within itself, just going down there and goi...

View the full article

#2 ceddyroll

ceddyroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

just win baby

#3 C'MON MAN

C'MON MAN

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

just run vick...lol

#4 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

yawn - talk is cheap. prove it out on the field. this team has done WAYYY too much talking this year.

#5 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Well we will see if Vick starts to play his game or that idiot MM's game. Monday night we will see, because even against the Saints if Vick continues MM's game the Eagles will get beat. I am not so sure the Eagles can beat the Saints with Vick playing his game, because this team is so F*%#ked up. The Eagles will not be able to stop the Saints from moving the ball. And MM's offensive scheme just sucks. We need More MV7's real game and we definately need a lot more Shady. But all this talk makes me think we are going to see a lot more MM. So 3-5 here we come!!!!! FIRE MM AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE NOW!!!!

Oh, MV7 Just run the damn ball will you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 IveGivenUp

IveGivenUp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

After 40 years of rooting for the Eagles, I have given up on them. They will NEVER win a Super Bowl in my lifetime and never with MM, Andy Reed (Mr. it's my fault), and Vick at the helm. The town I live is undefeated this season and it is refreshing to watch a team use all their weapons (Hello! McCoy) and the fans rally behind the team, grateful for a chance at a division title. Philly was my hometown but face it, our sports teams are always letting us down. Move on!

#7 swoopcoop

swoopcoop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I empathize with Ivegivenup for the frustration of never having a Super Bowl win. My fervent fanaticism of rooting for the Eagles goes back to the days of Roman Gabriel and Tom Dempsey who was my hero for the way he overcame his disabilities. However I played rugby for many years and I know the feeling of being in the trenches of physical warfare. I learned from that experience to NEVER GIVE IN! I will always love Philly til the day they bury me. Go you hairy eagles!!

#8 kag281

kag281

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

i penciled in a lose for this game before the season started and i am sticking to that prediction. teh eagles have no momentum, a coaching staff that doesnt know a thing about playcalling or utilizing their talent and a team that plays flat.maybe we would have a chance if the saints were 5-2 but they are 2-5 and even more desperate than we are.

#9 lusid42

lusid42

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Well, I guess they can't quit on him now. They dug their graves when they signed him to a multi year deal. THen continued to make things worse by doing nothing about the 2nd string QB that would provide a realistic option. Which I suppose was intentional. If our 2nd string QB was even just not a rookie the calls for Vicks benching would have been twice as loud.

#10 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

i am a life long Eagles fan, and I wnat them to win as much as everyone. However The first 7 performances speak volumes about the team, Michaela Vick, and coaching. In my view they get a "D" grade. Terrible defense, awful offensive line, a struggling quarterback that cannot make long throws and gets pummeled due to holding the ball too long. Plus Andy Reid and company trot out the same plays week after week that every other team now knows. The Cardinal haven't won a game since they destroyed the Eagles. It;s now or never. To go 3-5 shuts the door on the season. A resounding victory of say 35-10 is what is needed. Big plays by Jackson, Avant, McCoy, Maclin. 4-4 keeps things alive to a degree. The team is what it is. Struggling at all areas. Changes really are necessary but that will have to wait until the season mercifully ends. Andy Reid's tenure should end after this. Admit that Michale Vick is not the elite quarterback the Eagles thought he was.

#11 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

We can blame the OL all we want but Vick missed two big plays the interception on Celek's tip and there was a play where Maclin beat the defender by a couple of steps and Vick missed the throw near the back of the end-zone, it was a difficult throw but not impossible. If you take those two plays and put them in our favor we would have scored 27 or 23 with a field goal and NO would have scored 21 on our defense. On Vicks td to DJax, DJax was wide open, it was not a difficult throw at all and any good professional QB would have made that pass. Eli got pummeled in the NFC Championship game last year but he kept making big plays and not turning the ball over. The 49ers beat him up and hit him every play almost and he still led his team to victory on the road for the super-bowl. Great QB's don't make excuses they find ways to put their team in a position to win.

#12 RICH G

RICH G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

time for a coaching change across the board andy reid has won many games but i believe its time for a coaching change