Photo

[News] Patterson Activated To 53-Man Roster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,000 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Defensive tackle Mike Patterson will make his season debut Monday night in New Orleans after he was activated from the Reserve/Non-Football Illness list on Saturday. Linebacker Jason Williams was r...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,507 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm back.

#3 purple koolaid

purple koolaid

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Bengals

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

This doesn't help this sorry squad at all. The Egales are going down the tubes with Vick. Don't expect much of a game vs Saints. The Egales need a new QB. Someone who is at least as good as McNabb. Vick isn't even close.

#4 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Can patterson play qb? I nvr understood y ppl hated mcnabb but vick gets a pass. Mcnabb was my fav football player for a long time. Wasnt perfect... But damn if he didnt win us countless game we shoulda lost

#5 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Glad you're back MP! Please help the D and create turnovers and get some sacks!!!GO BIRDS!!

#6 steveduch

steveduch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Do you honestly think Mcnabb could play the Oline? There isnt a QB that could play behind our Oline. MM keeps meddling with the QBs with forcing them to become pocket passers, it happened to Mcnabb, look at the beginning of his time here, he was always rolling out to his left or right and buying time to get open receivers down the field (we never had a tall big threat receiver well maybe 1 with Owens but our receivers always had trouble getting open) and look what he did through all his years here. Then MM thought he was clever when the QB got to a certain age and his thinking is that the QB cant run the ball anymore so lets make him a pocket passer, protect the QB. Well thats when Mcnabbs career here went down hill. He is doing the same with Vick, forcing him to become what he is not and thats a pocket passer. He needs to play aggressive, roll out, buy time to get recievers open and then you will start to see the old Vick. Even with how bad the Oline is it will but him a few more seconds of time to make a play. Is it rocket science to MM, you cant have a 6' QB and turn him into a pocket passer.

#7 jameex

jameex

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Purple_KoolAid.. Are you talking about your defence over their in bounty ville? Gtfo our board and troll else where..

Mike Patterson should be a big boost for this defensive line, thats a body that cant be pushed back.. should help the other D-linemen get better angles to the qb

#8 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Steve that is not why mcnabbs career went south. Father time is undefeated. affects everyone different. Dont tell me there isnt a qb that could play behind our o line. Vick.isnt getting sacked immediately! Aaron rodgers oline was terrible for 2 years when he took ovet and he still put up very good numbers. It all recognition and decision making

#9 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

For once I agree with you dub, matter a fact i have been saying that most of the yr. The Lions game and maybe one other game this season, you could blame the O line, their was plenty of games where Vick had plenty of time and made Unforgivable mistakes. I wish we had more Vets on this team like Patterson. This guy before his unfortunate situation was a work horse. He may not be the big time sack DT, but he is solid stopping the run and beating his opposition. Their is nine games left. The Giant, Redskins and looks like the Cowgirls all lost. 8 & 8 or 9 and 7 could get us in. We need to do whatever needs to be done. If it means Vick has to sit, then so be it. He has not looked good all year. McNabb had a better O line, no doubt.

#10 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Foles has poise, with our Offensive weapons he could get it done. He will make better decisions. We need this week and next to stay alive.