* * - - - 4 votes

A challenge to Eagle Fans to help all the Vick lovers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 MD Eagles Fan

MD Eagles Fan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

We all know that most likely this is going to be Vicks last season as and Eagles.  Because they have been very amusing, I would like help to create a list for all the Vick lovers on what teams might possibly sign Vick next year so the Vick lovers don't have to register on the other 30 message boards (I excluded the Eagles & Falcons).

1. Buffalo
2. Jets
3. Titans
4. Kansas City
5. Arizona (that would be funny)

Any other teams I am missing?

#2 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,567 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Titans? They have Locker and I doubt they would give up on him already. I could see the Jets because they will bring in anybody to grab headlines. KC I think will take a QB with their first rounder. The Cassell experiment is over

#3 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Jacksonville. Their fans are fed up with Blaine Gabbert.

#4 CharGP02A

CharGP02A

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

It's a stone cold lock of the century that he goes to the Buffalo Bills if Chan Gailey is the head coach there next year. He love his mobile QBs. He's taken Vince Young and Tarvaris Jackson so why not Michael Vick?

#5 folesgirl

folesgirl

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Bengals?

Question is, what do we get for him?  Is it more or less than what we got for Donovan?  Do we just cut him?

#6 PickFoles

PickFoles

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Cool thread idea.

I've got a place for all the Nick lovers to go too:

http://youareanidiot.org/

#7 Mr Papageorgio

Mr Papageorgio

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View Postlearn2reid, on 03 November 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Cool thread idea.

Are you compensating for something with this large font?

#8 pgcd3

pgcd3

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 34,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Vick will not be starting for any team on opening day next year

#9 AllHailDawk

AllHailDawk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

At least all Vick fans and all Foles fans can unite in agreement that threads like this one are fn dumb.  What takes this one to another level is the fact that you say "likely."  You go through all the trouble of creating the 100000000000000th vick thread about how he'll be on another team, and you wont even take responsibility for the prediction that he'll be on another team.  I'm entirely sure that it's possibly somewhat likely that if EMB were ever to vote on what might be the dumbest thread concept, this one would absolutely have the potential to be ranked at or near the top, or not far from the top third to the middle.

#10 baldbird

baldbird

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts
  • Fan Since:1969

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Vicks football days are OVER as a starting QB ...

#11 BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Hall-of-Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

are there actually any vick lovers? I dont think anyone has complete support of vick, except andy and i dont really belive he does.

#12 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,098 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

View Postpgcd3, on 03 November 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Vick will not be starting for any team on opening day next year

Exactly.

Cool thread idea.

#13 zenclaybourne

zenclaybourne

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostL.E., on 04 November 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

Exactly.
Not that I wish to defend him in any way, but I believe he may have actually meant as well. This thread is talking about a place for the Vick lovers to go to, so he meant he found a place for Nick lovers to go to as well. Or I am giving him too much credit.

#14 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,798 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostBillTheButcher, on 04 November 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

are there actually any vick lovers? I dont think anyone has complete support of vick, except andy and i dont really belive he does.
Sure there are : Vic92353, Bayit, ooOOmorrisOOoo,  learn2reid to name the most obvious. I'm sure there are others. Just not quite as vocal or defensive of him  as those mentioned.
As long as it's not here, I don't care where he goes....if he goes. That still remains to be seen.

#15 bobbywizdum

bobbywizdum

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

View Postforevereagles, on 04 November 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

Sure there are : Vic92353, Bayit, ooOOmorrisOOoo,  learn2reid to name the most obvious. I'm sure there are others. Just not quite as vocal or defensive of him  as those mentioned.
As long as it's not here, I don't care where he goes....if he goes. That still remains to be seen.
don't forget eaglesdrew,newmaiden, and all of the others who have stopped showing up to defend him for some reason.

#16 GT500

GT500

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Cool thread idea.

How does it feel, you know, to be an idiot, could you tell me in one sentence

#17 SirReal

SirReal

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostCMPunk, on 03 November 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Jacksonville's a cinch to draft Barclay.

View PostMD Eagles Fan, on 03 November 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

We all know that most likely this is going to be Vicks last season as and Eagles.  

Did you mean "Vicks Vick's" and "as an Eagle"?

#18 ChimpKelly

ChimpKelly

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,326 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Saskatchewan Rough Riders

#19 cmart102

cmart102

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostCMPunk, on 03 November 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

jacksonville has fans?

#20 eglz1

eglz1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Cool thread idea.

You're the mayor?

#21 phonz3

phonz3

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

I have a challenge to all "true Eagles fans"... actually root for your team to win instead of rooting for them to lose so Nick Foles can be the starting QB...  actually root for Andy Reid's team to win instead of rooting for him to get fired.

This board is warped.

Maybe the "Vick nuthuggers" just want to win.  Maybe they are the real fans, if you really think about it...

What is worse?  People who just float from team to team rooting for Michael Vick's team... or people who openly root against the team they love, so certain players and coaches won't be here next year?  I got news for you - in the NFL players and coaches come and go.  You might as well root for the guys on the field today because tomorrow there are no guarantees...

Yeah - I know we can't win with Vick and Reid, right...  well Giants fans thought they couldn't possibly win with Eli and Coughlin and 2 Super Bowls later they are "Elite"...

PS - Eli hasn't looked too elite the last two weeks - NYG defense has 2 TDs, Eli has 0 TDs and 2 INTs...  if he played in Philly they would would be calling for David Carr at this point.

#22 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

View Postphonz3, on 04 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I have a challenge to all "true Eagles fans"... actually root for your team to win instead of rooting for them to lose so Nick Foles can be the starting QB...  actually root for Andy Reid's team to win instead of rooting for him to get fired.

This board is warped.

Maybe the "Vick nuthuggers" just want to win.  Maybe they are the real fans, if you really think about it...

What is worse?  People who just float from team to team rooting for Michael Vick's team... or people who openly root against the team they love, so certain players and coaches won't be here next year?  I got news for you - in the NFL players and coaches come and go.  You might as well root for the guys on the field today because tomorrow there are no guarantees...

Yeah - I know we can't win with Vick and Reid, right...  well Giants fans thought they couldn't possibly win with Eli and Coughlin and 2 Super Bowls later they are "Elite"...

PS - Eli hasn't looked too elite the last two weeks - NYG defense has 2 TDs, Eli has 0 TDs and 2 INTs...  if he played in Philly they would would be calling for David Carr at this point.

Logic is not allowed in TATE

FOLEZZZZZZZZZZ!!11

#23 birdsfan15

birdsfan15

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

This board is warped.

Rooting for Andy Reid to get fired IS rooting for the Eagles to win. What is so hard to understand about that?

Also, your hypothetical point about Eli Manning playing in Philly is incredibly moronic. Giants fans absolutely crucified Eli for years until he won them two Super Bowls. They were so unbelievably wrong about him, it's astounding. It's amazing how the media talks about the "mistreatment" of McNabb by Eagles fans. Ask Eli Manning about mistreatment by a fan base. I live in North Jersey and they were absolutely brutal on him from day one.

#24 eephraim

eephraim

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,836 posts
  • Fan Since:Today

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Most knowledgeable fans......

#25 hextall4prez

hextall4prez

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts
  • Fan Since:birth.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

This board is warped.

finally..., i have searched for days now and finally i have found a poster on TATE with a brain..... thank you man, thought i was alone here.

its funny to me that this team has a list of problems that spans 20 things wrong and vick is probably in the middle of the pack of those problems but all these fools seem to think that all we have to do is start foles and hit cruise control straight to the superbowl.

i love this team but this fanbase is 90% mentally challenged...... STARTZ FOWLEZZZZZ BABY!!!!!LMAO :roll:

#26 hextall4prez

hextall4prez

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts
  • Fan Since:birth.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

View Postbirdsfan15, on 04 November 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Rooting for Andy Reid to get fired IS rooting for the Eagles to win. What is so hard to understand about that?

Also, your hypothetical point about Eli Manning playing in Philly is incredibly moronic. Giants fans absolutely crucified Eli for years until he won them two Super Bowls. They were so unbelievably wrong about him, it's astounding. It's amazing how the media talks about the "mistreatment" of McNabb by Eagles fans. Ask Eli Manning about mistreatment by a fan base. I live in North Jersey and they were absolutely brutal on him from day one.

that certainly explains your retardation...

#27 ckudrick

ckudrick

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Eli has 2 SB wins & was the reason they won last year ... that builds him up some goodwill with the fans, deservedly so.  Vick has won nothing here, not even a playoff game.

#28 eagledrew13

eagledrew13

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,797 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Postbobbywizdum, on 04 November 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

don't forget eaglesdrew,newmaiden, and all of the others who have stopped showing up to defend him for some reason.

Newsflash bobby, I'm never on much during the football season and never have been. It's called being busy doing my job. As you can plainly see by viewing my profile I've been a member of this board since 2006 and an eagles fan since well before the internet was so widely used.

But since you seem to have missed me defending Vick so much you don't have to look very far to see that there was a matter of knocking off some rust but he has thrown just 2 picks since week 2...the least in the league in that time..and while yes he had bad games against cleveland and arizona, he has a combined 90.5 passer rating completing near 65 % of his passes in the other 5 games this season. Eli Manning on the other hand over the last 4 games has a pathetic 68 passer rating and less than 55% completion. Since 1960 only 35 times has a QB thrown less than 2 INTs between weeks 3 and 9 having attempted at least 100 passes and Vick has 1 of those 35 times on his credit(2002)...35 out of 1421(2.4%) QB seasons that meet that criteria. 7.3% have thrown 2 or less given that criteria which means that in that regard if Vick throws no picks tonight, then his week 3-week 9 performance will be better than 92.7% of QBs from an INT standpoint.

The reality is Vick has been one of the most consistent QBs over the last 4 games completing over 62% of his passes with 6 TDs to those 2 picks. Further if you look at the protection he's getting(4th worst in the NFL, worst protection against a rush of 4 or less defenders) and the nonexistent run game(Non-Vick runs have averaged just 3.6 ypc) the picture becomes quite clear that the offensive problems go far beyond vick.

#29 downsoufeagleluva

downsoufeagleluva

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,551 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

You know Im one of those guys that thinks everyone has a point sometimes

But when a Vick hater posts, do they ever have any substantive to say other than repeating their hate form him like some idiot savant or recanting some Captain obvious b.s......hasnt won a playoff game, has more turnovers when the moon is in Jupiter and all of these other craptastic stats.

At least Eagle drew and others go beyond Stat 101 to backup why Vick might be the best shot for this crappyazz team, where excuses are made on the daily for the longer list of even more disappointing players in Eagles uniforms.

My only problem with fans saying Eagles will never win a super bowl with Vick is, what QB can the Eagles realistically get that WILL make a Superbowl winner out of this current roster.

Maybe if you all that call yourself football knowledgeable fans can answer this question, then we can begin to have some form of insightful dialogue.  The guys you same knuckleheads defend on defense when you're not busy bashing Vick, are the guys other offensive coordinators call MARKS.  That means they get picked on because no one is scared of them making a game changing play.  We'll find out tonight if the JUAN WAS THE PROBLEM excuse still holds, sure didnt look like it last week.

I feel bad for Reid.  He has actually found good talent without having had the benefit of very high picks most of his career......but if we get high draft picks because of what we cant do this season, we need someone else to make or influence those decisions.

#30 vic92353

vic92353

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postforevereagles, on 04 November 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

You forgot to mention the Eagles coaches because they are the ones that have him in that position not me, dumb arse.  I am not a Vick lover I am an Eagles Fan who support the Quarterback that's under center.  Are you stupid or jus Dumb as he11? What does it take for you to understand that?  The Eagles Coaches feel that Michael vick gives them the better chance to win so I support that Qb.  if Nick Foles were under center and he stinks I would support him until he is replaced.  I am not going to think the way you do just because you hate the man.  That's what makes this country great. I don't have to see people as you and the other creeps do.  :huh: