Photo

[News] Cox A Bright Spot For D-Line

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,998 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Through seven games, rookie defensive tackle Fletcher Cox has been everything the coaches were hoping he would be when they moved up in April’s draft to select him with the 12th overall selection. ...

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Can't understand that Cox starts but the other rookie DLineman, Vinny Curry...can't sniff the field. Especially with the miniscule production from these DE's. Then again, it's not shocking with the Eagles...they always do things that make you scratch your head. It's the story of their lives with guys like AR and MM.....they always know more than everyone else, and they're always right and the whole world's wrong. Untill they change, this team will never win, as much as I hate to say it....it's true.

#3 eagle40

eagle40

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Sambo4,

Thats because idiot Reid does not like to play rookies. This team could be a super bowl success in a couple of years if Reid would just play young players that have great potential. I still believe with the youth at the skill positions they should have started playing Foles. He has potential and with his 6'6" 240 lb frame and throwing ability. Sometimes you need to rebuild and sacrifice a few season to have a decade of success. I always go back to when the Cowboys drafted all that youth in teh late 80 early 90s like Aikman and yes they had some bad seasons but they continued to improve until they won 3 SBs. The Eagles will not go to the SB with Vick and most important Reid as head coach. They need a coach that has fire and a will to make adjustments to win. Reid has been here for 15 seasons and with his coaching style will not get this team over the hump to win a SB.

#4 trini

trini

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yea this team may not have won the Super Bowl and Yea they always do things that make you scratch your head hahahahaha, severely understated hahahaha. I sure would like to see Vinny on the field... But I like they think they know more than anyone else my HC and OC better know more than me the fan. Reid has brought this team from being the LAUGHING STOCK of the league to a winning team... my hopes are still with this crew of winning it all. NEED THE DOMINANT PLAY to continue Fletcher keep working rook hard and get that QB down.

#5 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Don't mean to be contradictory, but Reid is only in his 14th season. But he has had plenty of opportunities to bring us a SB championship in that time span. Now I think it is time to move on to a younger, fresher minded coach to lead this group of young talented players . To hopefully winning that elusive championship. Unlike some, I do appreciate all that Reid has brought to this organization, in the way of post season play. But I think it is time to go in another direction.We will no doubt have a few losing seasons. Most first time starter just new to the NFL usually do. But Foles struck me as being a quick study. So the down side might not be as long as we anticipate .Mike has lost some of his athleticism . Which isn't going to return any time soon. Teams have found ways to negate his escapablity. More and more he gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage. And when he does evade the rush he runs back so far, that he has to get at least 20 yds to get that first down instead of just the normal 10.