Photo
- - - - -

If...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

With losses by the Cowboys, Skins, and Giants yesterday.....
If this team has any heart or any chance.....
They will circle the wagons and come out and put a beating on the Saints tonight.
If this offense can't put up points vs the Saints D and limit the Saints O playing without Sproles....

This is time to put up or blow up...right ?

#2 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

So ......... beating a bad team to get to 4-4 means what, exactly?

Yet another season of hoping enough teams suck more than we do, so that we can somehow 'slip' in??

And, in turn, accomplish what the national media seems to believe is the #1 objective here - to "save" Reid's job???

If Lurie hasn't already decided to blow this thing up after the season (barring the unlikely event of a Super Bowl appearance), then he's an absolute idiot - and while I'm no big fan of his, I find it hard to believe that someone that successful is an idiot.

Regardless of how this season ends, can you, in your heart of hearts, honestly say you would sign on for more of this, CT?

#3 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Yet another season of hoping enough teams suck more than we do, so that we can somehow 'slip' in??

And, in turn, accomplish what the national media seems to believe is the #1 objective here - to "save" Reid's job???

If Lurie hasn't already decided to blow this thing up after the season (barring the unlikely event of a Super Bowl appearance), then he's an absolute idiot - and while I'm no big fan of his, I find it hard to believe that someone that successful is an idiot.

Regardless of how this season ends, can you, in your heart of hearts, honestly say you would sign on for more of this, CT?

I am an Eagles fan and winning in New Orleans on MNF would be enjoyable entertainment. Too bad you don't feel the same way. Once they are officially out of the chase, I won't care. I know you feel they have zero shot so you haven't cared in years. Each to his own.

Unless the Eagles make it to the NFCCG, I think there should be major changes. However, if that doesn't happen I am not just going to surrender my fandom.

#4 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

I am an Eagles fan, too, which is why I feel the single most important thing is for this regime to be completely eradicated the day after this season is over. The nightmare scenario is a result short of the Super Bowl that gives Lurie a second of pause in getting that done, and moving the franchise forward finally.

And the Super Bowl is beyond a pipe dream.

As you say, each to his own. I just want my team back.

#5 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

The nightmare scenario is a result short of the Super Bowl that gives Lurie a second of pause in getting that done, and moving the franchise forward finally.

This is not an argument for keeping Reid, but another nightmare scenario is Lurie hiring someone who fails and the next 5 seasons are a bigger dissapointment.

#6 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

This is not an argument for keeping Reid, but another nightmare scenario is Lurie hiring someone who fails and the next 5 seasons are a bigger dissapointment.

I'm speechless. You too, with True Believer Cliche #1 with regard to Reid? Are you actually serious?

#7 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

I'm speechless. You too, with True Believer Cliche #1 with regard to Reid? Are you actually serious?

They are not mutually exclusive.
I said that isn't an argument to keep Reid. Anything short of a NFCCG and I will pay for his bus ticket out of town. That doesn't mean that Reid's replacement will be an impovement.

#8 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

They are not mutually exclusive.
I said that isn't an argument to keep Reid. Anything short of a NFCCG and I will pay for his bus ticket out of town. That doesn't mean that Reid's replacement will be an impovement.

So a trip to the NFCCG, and you're good to go with Reid for another 3 years?

#9 Ipspots

Ipspots

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Fan Since:B4 1980

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

yes the Superbowl is a pipedream at this point.. and I say they win the Superbowl or blow this whole team up. I dont wnat a slip into the playoff, win a playoff game and be out in the second round only to bring this regime back AGAIN. Either they win the SB.. or be GONE with this mess.

heeeellllllllllll NO!

#10 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I am an Eagles fan and winning in New Orleans on MNF would be enjoyable entertainment. Too bad you don't feel the same way. Once they are officially out of the chase, I won't care. I know you feel they have zero shot so you haven't cared in years. Each to his own.

Unless the Eagles make it to the NFCCG, I think there should be major changes. However, if that doesn't happen I am not just going to surrender my fandom.

A win tonight would be awesome as an Eagles fan but unfortunately it proves nothing. This team has way too many coaching and leadership holes and is going nowhere close to the NFCCG.

#11 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Good to go ? No
My point which I didn't get across properly, is that imo anything short of a NFCCG he 1000% should be terminated. If the teams gets to the NFCCG, he may have done or shown enough to warrant keeping his job. For the Eagles to reach the NFCCG things would have already have had to change dramatically from where they are now so it is impossible to answer your question.

#12 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Good to go ? No
My point which I didn't get across properly, is that imo anything short of a NFCCG he 1000% should be terminated. If the teams gets to the NFCCG, he may have done or shown enough to warrant keeping his job. For the Eagles to reach the NFCCG things would have already have had to change dramatically from where they are now so it is impossible to answer your question.

Reid coaching out the string.... everybody knows it including him.

#13 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Honestly, WHEN will it be enough....year 17?....year 21?....year 35?

I'm just happy that my immune system is capable of fighting of the prevalent and insidious pandemic infection of Reidtardation that seems to have swept the country.........I know I've had enough.....how about you mj? ;)

#14 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Honestly, WHEN will it be enough....year 17?....year 21?....year 35?

I'm just happy that my immune system is capable of fighting of the prevalent and insidious pandemic infection of Reidtardation that seems to have swept the country.........I know I've had enough.....how about you mj? ;)

We are beyond immunity, if that's possible, Pocono. And the disease has certainly become more and more insidious over the years.....and years.......and years..............

#15 eaglepride

eaglepride

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Good to go ? No

I agree with your original thought, this is a huge game. If they lose it tonight, they will be buried on this board tomorrow big time. If they win they are in a good position to contend for the division and who knows what happens once the playoffs begin. Some of these people need to fall on their sword now and end their miserable existence.

#16 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

With losses by the Cowboys, Skins, and Giants yesterday.....
If this team has any heart or any chance.....
They will circle the wagons and come out and put a beating on the Saints tonight.

If this offense can't put up points vs the Saints D and limit the Saints O playing without Sproles....

Posted Image

and :lol: :roll: :lol:

#17 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,665 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

This team will lose to Dallas and Washington over the next 2 weeks. The wheels are coming off the wagon.

#18 Ipspots

Ipspots

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Fan Since:B4 1980

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

This team will lose to Dallas and Washington over the next 2 weeks. The wheels are coming off the wagon.

dude the wagon ground to a halt last year.... the horses are just tired of draggin along a wheeless wagon

#19 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

the bugler is warming up......I think the next song is taps.....

#20 MR-CYN

MR-CYN

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 25,850 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

The fat lady has been singing for years around here. It's just hard to hear her with your fingers in your ears.

#21 eaglepride

eaglepride

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Maybe she needs to sing a little louder now, her time is near. Let's help her out here..the party's over...turn out the lights..