Photo
- - - - -

Dave- If the Eagles lose tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ipspots

Ipspots

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:B4 1980

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

What do you think.... regardless of why, but if they lose, is it time to give a different QB a chance?

#2 EAGLESinc

EAGLESinc

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I would think it all matters on how it unfolds....if Vick were to stink up the first half and we were down say 24-3.......I'd like to think Foles could get his shot....but if its a close game and we lose...I would imagine Vick gets 1 more shot...who knows?..... , if Foles plays and he's mediocre, then what?.....there's alot of things that can happen....I'm hoping Vick tears it up tonight and we win !!....Fly Eagles Fly!!!

#3 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Its probably not a good idea to put Foles behind this line or this ridiculous playcalling.

All it can do is hurt his development

#4 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Its probably not a good idea to put Foles behind this line or this ridiculous playcalling.

All it can do is hurt his development

I don't want The QB Guru anywhere close to this kid - I want him to have a chance.

#5 Ipspots

Ipspots

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Fan Since:B4 1980

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

I don't want The QB Guru anywhere close to this kid - I want him to have a chance.

I dissagree...

Fole can and will throw the ball out of bounds instead of dropping further back and taking a sack or worse fumbling the ball. He WONT hold the ball that long.

Besides, who said you cant put Edwards in?

#6 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

If there was a defense to play this kid against, it's New Orleans..they're terrible....that said, as messed up as he has been, Vick is their best chance, IMO. I'm not done though.....If they lose tonight and 1 more of the next two games after tonight? The kid starts getting the 4th quarter, then the 2nd half, then he's a starter....why? At that point the math dictates it...ease him in and expand his role, because I think it's imperative to find out at least partially, what Nick Foles brings to the table....Vick won't be here next year anyway....short of a SB win...and THAT ain't happening.