Photo
- - - - -

Jason Garrett is terrible!

6 points in 58 minutes?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:Campo

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Really? 6 points in 58 minutes with this **** calling plays but when he takes a hands off approach and lets Romo do his thing they score 7 points in 2 minutes?

Jerry Jones why did you hire this clown?!

#2 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,829 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

pretty much

I think Garrett might have the right stuff for a HC, but he absolutely is a brutal playcaller

#3 The_Talon

The_Talon

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 29,894 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1978?

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I was rather satisfied with the outcome of the game. He can stay in Dallas for as long as he'd like.

#4 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

It's impossible to really know whether a coach is doing a good job or not at Dallas, especially as head coach, because Jerry Jones doesn't look like he'll ever allow a coach to really grab an organization by the scruff of its neck and run it the way he wants.

For example, is Jason Garrett allowed to bench an underperforming 1st round underachieving pick of Jerry's like Dez Bryant? Is Garrett allowed to fine players for missing meetings? Is Garrett allowed to pick a player HE wants in the draft? Etc..

Garrett might actually be a good coach(not play caller), but we'll never know as long as he's at Dallas, because he's not REALLY head coach, he's just a glorified offensive coordinator.

#5 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

The Baltimore Ravens were so lucky when Garrett turned down the Ravens offer to become thier Head Coach.

The Baltimore Ravens had to "settle" for the lesser John Harbaugh. Hinsight is always 20/20 but John has coached circles around Garrett 10 fold IMO.

I think thats proballt the best move/non-move that the Ravens have made since they fired Brian Billick IMO.

#6 Washington 34

Washington 34

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Team:Redskins
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

I live around that area and ppl were all excited about the 2nd coming of god "Jason Garrett" then he turned down the Ravens down like you said. Then they hired John Harbs as thier coach and every single caller that called the sports talk radio blasted the ravens and said they were going to be 4-12 every season. they still had Kyle Boller as QB then also.

What a difference does 5 years make.

#7 DawkinsOwnage03

DawkinsOwnage03

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,817 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

He is MM

#8 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,902 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I live around that area and ppl were all excited about the 2nd coming of god "Jason Garrett" then he turned down the Ravens down like you said. Then they hired John Harbs as thier coach and every single caller that called the sports talk radio blasted the ravens and said they were going to be 4-12 every season. they still had Kyle Boller as QB then also.

What a difference does 5 years make.

i remember that. I was in High School and living in York, PA (Ravens are the number one team there) and I was talking to a ravens fan about the move. He asked what I knew about harbaugh being an eagles fan and I told him that they made a great hire and not to listen to all of the idiots saying otherwise.

#9 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

I was rather satisfied with the outcome of the game. He can stay in Dallas for as long as he'd like.

I don't know. I'd like to see them hire that Sean Patten guy Amos was talking about in the other thread.

:whistle:

#10 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

It wasn't the fact that Romo was "calling plays" that they scored as much as it was the Falcons couldn't substitute and guys like Abraham were clearly exhausted and couldn't get subs in. Mike Smith should have used one of his time outs on that drive, mistake on his part but he thought they might need them, I'm sure.

#11 Eagle Jeff

Eagle Jeff

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Jerry Jones has been holding this team back since the last few years of Troy Aikman.

#12 Amos

Amos

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image

#13 MacGyver1

MacGyver1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Posted Image

Hi, your picture isn't funny and you need to change your avatar, It looks stupid.