[Spadaro] Slow Start Sinks Eagles In Loss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
444 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,777 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

NEW ORLEANS -- If, as they say, football is a game of inches, then the Eagles came up a few short in Monday night's 28-13 loss to the Saints ...

View the full article

#2 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Oline horrible. Defense horrible. Coaching non existing.

#3 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

RZ scoring was horrible. 4trips and only 13points to show for it

#4 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

i kinda mad my 1st 2posts didn't show up on here but whatever. AR please take over play calling duties on O. And for the love of God go find us some OL that know how to block and a new C i'm done with Reynolds and Bell and Dunlap as starters

#5 vergarm

vergarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Mike Vick..what are thinking??? An all-out blitz and you did not make any adjustments to the play. You got sacked!

#6 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Tackling was......well they didn't tackle very well. My boy Vick hung in there though.

#7 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Want to talk a about sakcs how many sacks did Vick take from Cam jordon on his blindside this game i feel like they call his name atleast a dozen times for hitting/sacking Vick

#8 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Can you believe that almost 500 yards and only 6 points scored in the redone. We just gave the worst defense in the nfl 7 sacks and a pick 6. Worst secondary we will go against this season and all we have to show is one touchdown??  The oline had more no blocks then they did blocks, that isn't poor coaching that is people being paid thousands not doing their job...after that performance Kelly and Bell shouldn't even put on another NFL jersey.

#9 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Lurie said 8 and 8 won't cut it, but he didn't say anything about 5 and 11...

#10 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Just saying Philly can call me to block for them on the OL i'd cost half the money nad probably do just as good a job if not better atleast i'd hit a guy on every play

y is Graham not seeing more snaps he is r best DL this yr hands down he gets pressure QBs hits and he has made a play for us the last couple of weeks. He needs to be r starter babin sucks

#11 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

If they can't block even normal players like the saints have what do you think Ware is going to do. Vick might start next week but he won't finish. And to people who want to blame Vick for the coverages he was calling or not calling it really wouldn't matter and he knows it. Our oline isn't blocking...they could hardly handle it when they weren't blitzing.

#12 vergarm

vergarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Even the worst saints defense will look good (and even get a touchdown) if you're playing against the eagles  offense.

#13 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

I'd fire Bell right now if we weren't so hard up for O line guys.
I'm mad at myself for trying to be so positive all week here and it backfired on me. I'm ready to convert guys from our deep D line pool cuz hey, they can't do any worse.

We need to keep Foles on the bench. He'll get hurt and then what would we have?

#14 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Realistically eliminated halfway through the season...  The only question is when do we put in Foles to start taking his lumps to prepare for next year. Maybe at 4 and 8?

#15 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

CCL, exactly. Vick was the least of the problems tonight. How bout our crap tackling? The D had bright spots but far more ugly spots.

#16 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Again Foles is not guaranteed to be the Qb next yr without AR who at the looks of things isn't going to be here. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Philly go all in to trade up for Geno Smith(looking at the recent success of guys like Cam and Rg3) if we got a new HC

#17 marc1on

marc1on

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Is Slow Start a new nickname for Andy Reid?  Who will he be blaming this time, Riley Cooper?

#18 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

If we have the #1 pick do we take Geno or Matt. Now that's the question. And how long does Watkins last, his performance is bad and he has a chronic injury, oh and he is what 29 years. Taken in the first round when he should if been picked up in the 5th at best. One of the things I always hated about Ried was how bad he was in the draft. I'd rather have quality instead if quantity but w/e

#19 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

that is easy Geno he is bigger and a stronger arm plus he has good mobility but that is just what i like in a QB but we are not going to have the first pick that will be the Cheifs

#20 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

NFL network has a poll-Should Vick be benched?

What a bunch of mularky. No he shouldn't. The O line sucks. MM sucks. AR's pressers suck.

#21 Cactusjim

Cactusjim

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Coaches, players and fans can wring their hands and point fingers, asking what needs to be done all they want, but the real answer is nothing.   You can't win football games with a third rate O line PERIOD.   The birds have a so so back up at left tackle, a journeymen left guard, a not ready for prime time center, a 5th round rookie at right guard and a complete bust at right tackle, this quality of linemen being a complete bad turnaround from the end of last year.

A mess of a line like that completely breaks up the passing and running rhythm, causing a slue of complimentary foul ups, even when as tonight you rack up a lot of yards against a bad defense.   Had they been playing a team with a good D tonight with this O line, it's doubtful their offense would have totaled 100 yards.  And because there are no good O linemen to plug in, it's unlikely the Eagles win another game this year.  Add to this O line meltdown an ineffective defense and Andy's usual flubs--the end is near.

#22 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

The Herremans injury didn't look too good either. I'm too mad to research it right now but I'm guessing we don't see him for a while.

#23 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Theoretically, we could still go 11-5.

I know I know, I need to shut up, right?

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

PPW... unless r OL just magically get good overnight there is no way in hell we finish 11-5 this yr

#25 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

One positive point, my boy B Brown (who is NOT BG's boy) was a friggin beast tonight!!

#26 Bruzer9.5

Bruzer9.5

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Welp,..I dialed in da Future,...all da circumstances were dere for da taking,..but dis stupid bunch of nincompoops dropped da ball,...literally,...humanoids who fail to take da hint when da game is on da line deserve to lose,...I'll be back,...

#27 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

We'll be facing the same pressure for the rest of the season. Somebody better figure out how to strengthen the O line like right now.

Or just keep using empty backfield sets.

#28 Igglesfan13-3

Igglesfan13-3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Man...it's not just coaching, but better coaching (especially in the Red Zone) would be pretty helpful...PLAYERS got to step up! running the ball...yup, need to let Shady exploit teams more & open up pass game- Broken Record...it's a shame there's no LEGIT bench or players available to reinforce O line, because Bell should've been let go a long time ago...what a bust/let down. It's not just Bell either...line stinks. Weak tackling/coverage on D. I just don't get it man. Letting a RB stay on his feet w/like 5-6 players trying to tackle him, repeatedly!?
I really miss the imposing and intimidating consistent D of old...BIG time, and a more consistent (positive/scoring) offense. I miss Tra/Runyan, Peters/Kelce... I just have no desire to watch Eagles Version 2012 anymore- Shady is like the only player that gets me even remotely excited to watch this team...at least Celek was playing hard w/heart, AND he looked so miserable/dejected after his fumble, like he wanted to win. Who else even appears like that, like they care after mistakes/poor play on this team? Celek's mistake shouldn't have even mattered, because this team should have scored at least 2 TDs in the Red Zone earlier in the game & D should've shut down saints. That INT off him wasn't really Celek's fault either. I really miss Dawk yelling & Jim Johnson holding players accountable on the sideline. I miss the play calling & solid players who made this a Championship-caliber Eagles! Lurie...you gotta do something to fix this sinking ship bro...or I guess you're going to let it sink to rebuild.?

#29 cole2

cole2

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

ppw,  yeah I like those empty backfield sets, really works with this team.

#30 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Yeah Celek played with heart-that's for sure. I really felt that he was down by contact but hey, I'm not a ref. I don't see anything that can be done with the O line at this point. Coaching coaching coaching, all the coaching in the world isn't gonna turn these guys into stars I guess. Does Mudd suck? Has he lost it? I don't know what to say. We watched these completely miss blocks, get passed like they were statues, get beat on what looks like 1/4 effort-sickening. Vick worked his way out of several would be sacks. We cant expect him to carryvthe weightvof the O line's deficiancies on his shoulders. Somebody PLEASE show me how this line can be turned around cuz I sure don't see it.