Photo

[News] Reid Knows Mistakes Are Fixable

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,967 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

In the NFL, playing sound fundamentally often means the difference between winning and losing. The Eagles failed to do this against the Saints on Monday night, as head coach Andy Reid made clear in...

View the full article

#2 EAAGLES

EAAGLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Are you kidding me.
The Eagles made the Saints D look good / great in the beginning of the game.
It is not Vicks fault with no blocking.
The Eagles D was spirited, but poor tackling and the scheme sunk them also.
This was the game to get things fixed.

#3 ghostbinder

ghostbinder

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Dave just shut it, he can't fix anything...I'm tired of it... We eagles fans don't deserve this. The organization has made so much money of the fans and they want us to just deal with it...Andy's lucky I'm not his boss because I'll pull a chad Johnson and fire him on tv

#4 Stan_Havili

Stan_Havili

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

disgusted.. The O line was sick to watch the right side was such a sad sight to see over an over seeing the pressure coming from the a and b gaps already knowing its coming and I wish could audible or do something. A very sad day for me as a eagle fan, Im tired of hearing andy say listen listen I goofed up, It starts with me blah blah blah.... new coach and staff next year please... draft o line dont listen to washburn and his mind thinking because it has clearly given andy reid the green light to be fired

#5 surefooted

surefooted

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

If the mistakes are fixable, why haven't you done that yet? Either you can't fix them or don't know how. Either way there -> is the door. Bye Andy.

#6 MV3

MV3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Dear Andy, Thanks for the last 13 years, you did a decent job...don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out (the door might break!). Take all of your coaches with you, especially the biggest JOKE OF ALL MM!

#7 johnny333

johnny333

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Yes, Andy knows they are fixable. The players know they are fixable. Why aren't they getting fixed? Andy won by putting great a great original coaching staff together. He just wasn't able to effectively develop (and retain) their successors. Neither the defense nor the offense has been the same since the early coordinator days. Bowles may turn out to be a great defensive coordinator. A new Offensive Coordinator has got to be found. That has been a much bigger problem than Michael Vick. The Eagles never had as much success with MM as they had with Andy Reid calling the plays. Why has this continued so long? I just don't get it. The season doesn't have to be over, but Reid can't seem to pull the plug on the most ineffective coordinator that works for him. I don't understand why. I understand the issues Vick is having, but he still isn't as ineffective as Donovan was near the end of Donovan's career--Reid has proven he has a difficult time handing the keys to a new driver. I get that. Honestly, I was shocked Reid replaced Castillo because (1) he actually fired someone, and (2) he fired the more effective coordinator? (who actually did a decent job considering he switched sides of the football only this past off-season. I don't know if the talented and one-of-a-kind genius JJ was a defensive guru when he first got a job doing it or if he developed into one. But, Castillo didn't even get a season's chance. With the stars on offense that we have, there is no reason why the points his defense gave up shouldn't have resulted in wins. In DMac's early days, an 18.5 average would have won the majority of our games.

#8 hunterseeker

hunterseeker

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Can't turned around 0-4 streak with a bad OLine. The Cowgirls, much and all as I hate to say it, are smiling now. If a very poor Saints D can get through at will to MV, then the girls will too. I'm resigned to sitting out this 8-8 season. Another cycle of waiting for SB begins! Please Jeff, don't leave me waiting long

#9 hunterseeker

hunterseeker

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Well said j333. MM is a big problem, as is the OLine, much and all as I like MV, we need a change at QB next year to suit a new OC that like's having a tall pocket QB. Let the new era begin, soon.

#10 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

The first thing that needs to be fixed is: FIRE MM AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE. Once again the O coordinator whose QBs are always amongst the league leaders in sacks and hits is MM. Even more stupid than his Offensive Scheme is this Offensive Scheme in the RZ. Not one single time did this idiot O coord run Vick in the RZ!!!! Where the hell was McCoy in the RZ????? I called it before this game (Vick talking about getting his Swag back, he was going to play his game, Andy talking about getting agressive) it would be the same old crap of Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass. and this stupid Offensive Scheme!!!!!

#11 stgcs

stgcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

I am sorry I have to say it this team suck!!! This hurts me to say because I am a die hard they will win fan but reality eventually slaps us all in the face. There is a lot of talent on this team but they are not playing as a team. Coaching every aspect of it is gettting outcoached, embarassed actually. NO defense is not good but yet today they looked like one of the best in the league. MM's plays were predictibale, they have no clue of what to do when the field shrinks. Defense is in trouble I know it has only been 2 games but the D is the same with the same scheme and they are being ripped. It is 4:15 in the morning here and I am tired I watcdhed this game hoping offense would get going against a bad d and wowo I am sad. Good bye Andy team has no discipline, pride or swagger.

#12 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Reid said. %u201CAs coaches and players, obviously we%u2019ve got to do a better job and that starts with me."........... 14 YEARS PEOPLE !!!! this is our head coach..... If i owned the team, i wouldve fired andy and made him walk home from new orleans. this team makes me want to vomit. no heart, idiotic play-calling, no accountability anywhere. if theres one thing 22 years in the military has taught me, its that leadership starts from the top down. Reid is the one ultimately responsible for this mess.

#13 rcih17404

rcih17404

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Fixable? An squealing water pump in "fixable", this team borders on blow it up and start over.

Vick takes a lot of criticism but he was running for his life last night, as usual. Some of the hits he took last night, let alone the season, would have knocked lesser players out of the game. Brees hardly got touched and had two fumbles. Vick was molested more often than a kid at cub scout camp and only coughed up one ball that I can recall.

There were O lineman STANDING AROUND last night on too many plays not hitting a soul while Vick get pummeled. Granted, at least they helped Vick up off the ground. I can't believe the pounding Vick takes week after week and picks his a** up and plays again.

There were too many times when NO lined up 6 defenders on the line and Philly had 5 O lineman and an empty backfield. Result? Another Vick pummeling. Temple has an audible for that but the Eagles don't? (I thought Chucky was gonna come unglued last night.)

MM playbook looks the the old "chuck and duck" except when 25 has the ball. I am amazed that Vick had lasted this long, I had him pegged lasting 5 games this year. 7, 25 and 81 are playing hard (notice Avant converted at least 3 3rd downs last night on second effort).

I thought Mudd was such a good coach? Our O line looks horrible although they have mastered the OLE blocking technique although they are still learning the "LOOK OUT" technique.Yes I know there are injuries but injuries are not unique to Philly. Other teams have injuries and the guys who step in seem to step up, in Philly they step aside.

Andy Reid's record the last 4 years is on pace to be worse than Richie Kotite's...

#14 zracer

zracer

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

if we lose to dallas, reid is fired, end of story.

#15 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

All or at least most of you are ridiculous!!!! Things are bad, but if you think firing Reid or getting rid of Vick are the answer, you are crazy. Reid has brought a winning mentality to this organization! He has 4 starting line-man, His tallest reciever, and a starting safety out! I would love to see any other team recover from that. Keep things in perspective. 2 losing season in his tenure! Has everything been smooth...No, but recognize why our offense is having these problems. What do you all think he is supposed to say..."These problems are not fixable!" Would that make you feel better?
As for our D...Nnamdi see ya!!! Now, it's easy to say it was a mistake getting rid of Samuel, but at the time they got him, everyone (including you who is reading this right now) thought he was the man!
I think Reid deserves another year with hopefully a healthy team to prove this thing can work!!!! I will admit D needs some work though!!

#16 rdstack

rdstack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Sorry rabram17 but you're wrong. I love Andy but he has not done his job well enough the last couple of years to make it worth keeping him. I have always said and still believe that with Andy we will almost always be a really good team but we will NEVER be a great team. If this team ever wants to get to a Superbowl and win we need a new coach. Andy is too focused on being a nice guy and keeping his players happy. These guys need to be called out for doing a crappy job... in public. If they don't do better... ship them out. All this nice guy stuff is what has bred the the current atmosphere where guys are lazy and under perform but never have to take real responsibility.
Vick is just not a good quarterback. Sure the guy's in a tough spot with the line and the lack of protection but look at how he plays when he does have time. His passes are poorly thrown, especially the long balls. He's almost always late hitting the receiver. He can't read a defense and he just doesn't think quick enough. Part of the reason he takes so many hits is because he holds the ball for so damn long and because he can read the defense while he's at the line. If he could... he would audible and burn these teams that are blitzing so much. Hell if they can all do it to us when we blitz why can't we ever do it to them?
As for the rest of the guys... we have too many people like DeSean and Nnamdi that are just not performing. I say it's time to open some cap space and dump a number of these guys. Sure... we'll suck even worse this year and maybe next year too but we need to build a team that can play together with heart... not this half-a*s bunch of underachievers.
Finally... if I have to listen to Andy say one more time that it's his fault I'm going to throw-up. Every week... same responses... same excuses... no results.

#17 otismeanwhile

otismeanwhile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Mistakes are fixable. Lack of effort can be fixed. Bad play calling can be fixed. But the wrong personell?..well, how do you fix that? The Eagles have been victim to alot of fixable problems this year. But the reall issue is that no matter how many times Reid says "we've got to do a better job",..its the same thing thing week in and week out with this team. Really since LAST year. I know the defense isnt elite. I know that MVick doesnt always make great choices OR recognize defenses all the time. I know that Andy Reid Over-complicates things and sometimes tries to shove a non-working offensive scheme down his players throat. But I'll tell ya; If you have an o-line that just cant play...Your not gonna win much. When your QB has 1.5 seconds after the snap to make a play and is flat on his back every OTHER play...your not gonna win. This is the worst O-line Ive ever seen in Eagles green period. I know they've had injuries...but what they've got in there is beyond terrible..and i just dont see it getting any better....because they just plain STINK. Last year two teams that had very pourous defenses all year played in the superbowl..why?...becuase the offensive lines gave two elite QBS plenty of time to stand in the pocket and make plays with above average offenses. This eagles team cant even "DREAM" of that type of play. Keep in mind they have an o-line coach who used to protect Peyton Manning...and did a pretty good job at that...so what does that tell you?...It isnt ALL about coaching...its about having players who can play..and do the job. And the Eagles just dont have that on their line...and thts why they wont ever win..it just cant happen...dont care whoes coaching or playing QB....1.5 SECONDS!!!???...REALLY?

#18 vergarm

vergarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Same crap every week. Mike Vick's awareness of the defense is always lacking. He doesnt change the play even though there's a an all-out blitz.

#19 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Boy did someone misjudge the talent on this team. Does anyone really believe that Asomugha was worth a 50 million contract. Does anyone even believe that Cromartie was worth Kolb anymore? Does anyone believe in Washburns wide nine anymore? Hang in there fans, help is on the way. We just have to wait until next year.

#20 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

You Vick haters are the ones who need to benched. He played better than most QB's would in the situation he was in. You think Foles or Edwards would've done better? Wrong.

#21 tommyboy18088

tommyboy18088

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

I'm sick and tired of hearing "This is fixable" week after week. So, fix it already. We need to stop drafting undersized players. Mudd appears to be overrated as a coach. Any college offensive line would do better than our line has done. Bell is an expensive JOKE - he needs to give some money back. And he is not the only one. Vick is running for his life on every play. As a life-long Eagles fan, I think it is time for some radical changes. This is so sad. So much potential that is being wasted. I actually miss Juan.

#22 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

rdstack I respect your comments, but 2 years ago this was one of the hotest teams in the NFL with Vick. Last year with a lock-out they started off rough, but finished out very strong at the end of the year! Vick can't audible every single play that is being called for him...sometimes he has to rely on his team that they will make the plays they are supposed to make. I think when he is given time and does not feel someone on his back he has one of the best arms and is very accurate. IF YOU ARE ONLY GETTING 4 OR 5 CLEAN PLAYS A GAME, OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE RHYTHM, ACCURACY, AND CHEMISTRY BETWEEN QB AND WR!!!!! Now I agree there are players with no heart on this team, and there are certain players that may need to be cut and coaches too.....But those players and coaches do not include Vick or Reid...in my opinion!
As for your comment on needing to publicly call out his players...when has that ever worked?

#23 rville

rville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Fan Since:46 yrs

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Who else is tired of Reids same post game speech. Problems can be fixed, need to do better as players, I need to do a better job coachng on and on and on. In the real world he would have lost his job last year. Got the players he wanted and missed the playoffs, blew 4th quarters leads and made the same speeches. The last 2 games were over at halftime. The players are not responding, the season is lost and he's still employed. What a joke. It's not about being a Vick hater either. Yes the OLine in depleted, but he fumble the Steeler game away on the goal line, costly picks and a season full of bad decisions is not ha.ting on him, it is fact. Time to reboot this team.The team added supposedly the best cover corner 2 years ago, no results, 2 of the best pass rushing ends, no results. High expectations and no results after adding the talent they have added the past 2 seasons equals coaching changes. He even says it himself each week,"this one's on me". Well time to hold his feet to the fire and make him accountable, time for Andy to go.

#24 purple koolaid

purple koolaid

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Bengals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

The Cowboys game this week will be just like the game vs Saints. Egales will fall behind early and it will force Vick to throw. We know that doesn't work.

#25 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

And what is the plan after AR is fired???? Who steps in??? You Andy haters have no plans or ideas after your glorious firing. What then? You want MM to be HC? Who comes in here and turns it around in a week?

#26 purple koolaid

purple koolaid

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Bengals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I was lmao last night. The "Dream team" is wet.

#27 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

yeah the mistakes are fixable. Bench vick, fire the fat man, and we have a team again.

#28 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Yeah Pace, good plan. Let Foles get killed behind this terrible O line. Who's your coach after you fire Andy? What's your well thought out plan?

#29 rville

rville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

So what would your suggestion be? Keep him around for another year, asking for then getting the players he needs to have another subpar season? I have been an Eagles fan for over 40 years. And have seen some really bad teams, but none that play with less zeal than the teams have played over the last 2 seasons. Other teams have parted ways with coaches that have had excellent track records either through frirings or retirements and have done well, (the Steelers, Packers,Bucs come to mind) There are coaches out there it is the GM'S job to find them. I quess the answer should be to keep a coach that after losing another NFC Championship game to the Cardinals(on a poor defensive series to end the game) 2 pitiful wildcard loses, to last years debacle and this years melt down keep him around for what, the chance to draft a franchise quarterback? Let's get real, this team is NOT responding to coaching. You can say it is the loses on the o-line,but every team has injuries, they have probowl skill position players on both sides of the ball and cannot win. 3 and 1 start everyones is stoked now 4 loses in a row with the coach spitting out the same comments after each game. And as far as MM being head coach that would be ridiculous. He was horrible in Det. How about JG,TD, they both have said they would not rule out a return to the sideline if it was the right "Job". What job could be better than a team that is LOADED with talent.Get your head out of the sand and stop listening to the PHILLY news media that always says who else is out there better than what we have. If the Eagle keep doing the same thing and expecting different results they are INSANE.

#30 rville

rville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Look at the headline of this article" Reid knows mistakes are fixable".yet he has not fixed them. He ahs been sayong that for the last 4 weeks, record over that period 0-4.