Photo
- - - - -

Elimination Game next week

dallas@philly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Both are 3-5. Someone will fall to 3-6. I'm saying the E's get written off next week with a loss at home (their 5th straight) simply because the Cowboys are playing better right now. Mighty-prepare for 7 meaningless games there after

Discuss.

#2 MacGyver1

MacGyver1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Hi, your team will struggle to beat two of the teams on your remaining schedule.

#3 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hi, your team will struggle to beat two of the teams on your remaining schedule.

Hi, then that means the Giants meet my preseason expectaions of 11-5 and NFC East Champs

#4 MacGyver1

MacGyver1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hi, you'll be lucky to win two more.

I say 7 wins max for the Giants.

#5 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hi, you'll be lucky to win two more.

I say 7 wins max for the Giants.

Still better than the trainwreck Eagles...

#6 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

Both are 3-5. Someone will fall to 3-6. I'm saying the E's get written off next week with a loss at home (their 5th straight) simply because the Cowboys are playing better right now. Mighty-prepare for 7 meaningless games there after

Discuss.

I just can't understand what the coaches are seeing and/or thinking.

The OL is already a hot mess, then they lose Herremans so instead of going max protect they start lining up in empty backfield formations every other snap.

How many times do you have to see that your makeshift line can't handle the overload blitzes and yet never make an adjustment?

450 yds of O including 220 on the ground and 4 different 1st and goal situations that net -1 pt, unbelievable. :nonono:

#7 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

The OL is already a hot mess, then they lose Herremans so instead of going max protect they start lining up in empty backfield formations every other snap.

How many times do you have to see that your makeshift line can't handle the overload blitzes and yet never make an adjustment?

450 yds of O including 220 on the ground and 4 different 1st and goal situations that net -1 pt, unbelievable. :nonono:

Gruden was kindda saying the same last night...

#8 faceman

faceman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Team:Saints

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

In all my years of watching this game, I have never seen a team plagued with so many Red Zone turnovers like the Eagles. If Celek doesn't tip that
pass right to Patrick Robinson and doesn't fumble away another pass later in the game, The Eagles probably win the game. Vick and Reid deserve
a lot of blame,but those two plays weren't their fault. I don't care if you have the 2000 Ravens or the 85 Bears defense on the field. You're not
going to win consistently in this league when you constantly turn the ball over deep in your opponents territory.

This Eagles O-Line is horrid. When you give up seven sacks to the Saints who don't have an elite pass rusher on their roster,lots of changes
need to be made.

#9 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,486 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Discuss.

Dude, it's already over, I'd like Dallas to maybe win two more game (split with the Eagles and Skins) and then lose out

#10 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Gruden was kindda saying the same last night...

Every announcer, analyst, and even the most casual of fans can see it, yet for some inexplicable reason Andy and Marty just refuse to change it up.

I don't know if you watched the whole game but at least 3 different key points the Saints had the bltzer line up in the center/guard gap (between Reynolds and Kelly) and Reynolds is pulling out trying to go get somebody on the edge and the blitzer comes through completely untouched.

If I'm Reid I tell Mudd in no uncertain terms that starting next week we're basically scraping any complex blocking schemes and we're just going to line up and engage the man in front of you.

#11 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

In all my years of watching this game, I have never seen a team plagued with so many Red Zone turnovers like the Eagles. If Celek doesn't tip that
pass right to Patrick Robinson and doesn't fumble away another pass later in the game, The Eagles probably win the game. Vick and Reid deserve
a lot of blame,but those two plays weren't their fault. I don't care if you have the 2000 Ravens or the 85 Bears defense on the field. You're not
going to win consistently in this league when you constantly turn the ball over deep in your opponents territory.

This Eagles O-Line is horrid. When you give up seven sacks to the Saints who don't have an elite pass rusher on their roster,lots of changes
need to be made.

as bad as the Eagles OL is, the Cowboys is worse...by a mile

#12 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

as bad as the Eagles OL is, the Cowboys is worse...by a mile

I don't know about that stephen, right now assuming Herremans misses at least a couple games we're reduced from a projected OL of:

Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Watkins-Herremans At least 3 of those guys (Peters, Kelce and Herremans (but as a guard) would most likely start for the Pokes.

to:

Dunlap-Mathis-Reynolds-Kelly-Bell

Where I think it's safe to say that none of them would.

#13 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Every announcer, analyst, and even the most casual of fans can see it, yet for some inexplicable reason Andy and Marty just refuse to change it up.

I don't know if you watched the whole game but at least 3 different key points the Saints had the bltzer line up in the center/guard gap (between Reynolds and Kelly) and Reynolds is pulling out trying to go get somebody on the edge and the blitzer comes through completely untouched.

If I'm Reid I tell Mudd in no uncertain terms that starting next week we're basically scraping and complex blocking schemes and we're just going to line up and engage the man in front of you.

Saw that. You knew it was going to be a bad night on the OL on the very first series...

#14 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

I don't know about that stephen, right now assuming Herremans misses at least a couple games we're reduced from a projected OL of:

Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Watkins-Herremans At least 3 of those guys (Peters, Kelce and Herremans (but as a guard) would most likely start for the Pokes.

to:

Dunlap-Mathis-Reynolds-Kelly-Bell

Where I think it's safe to say that none of them would.

if your OL were healthy position by position all 5 eagles players would start for Dallas, now if Dallas moved Tyron Smith back to RT he'd start over Herrimans...but that is it.

As far as your banged up line you have now? I think Tyron Smith would start at LT, but I think the rest of the positions would be a toss up, Dallas has guys that could not make the Dolphins, Panthers and Bengals starting a the center and OG positions, you guys could conceivably get Herrimans and Watkins back, the problem in Dallas is that the OL is completely healthy and sucks just as bad.

#15 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

if your OL were healthy position by position all 5 eagles players would start for Dallas, now if Dallas moved Tyron Smith back to RT he'd start over Herrimans...but that is it.

As far as your banged up line you have now? I think Tyron Smith would start at LT, but I think the rest of the positions would be a toss up, Dallas has guys that could not make the Dolphins, Panthers and Bengals starting a the center and OG positions, you guys could conceivably get Herrimans and Watkins back, the problem in Dallas is that the OL is completely healthy and sucks just as bad.

If our projected line was in tact and we shipped whatever guys down to the Pokes I think you'd line up:

Peters-Herremans (back to LG)-Kelce-Free (moves inside to RG)- Smith

I just don't think you sit Free to play Watkins and you'd have to keep Smith on the field.

I guess at least who ever our next HC is he won't have to completely rebuild the line from scratch because he'll get Peters and Kelce back, hopefully be smart enough to reunite Peters and Herremans on the left side and then either sign or draft (early) a RT.

#16 LaxPlayerX3

LaxPlayerX3

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

We're already done.

#17 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Next week's Eagles/Cowboys game is going to be like watching a Special Olympics boxing match.

#18 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

If our projected line was in tact and we shipped whatever guys down to the Pokes I think you'd line up:

Peters-Herremans (back to LG)-Kelce-Free (moves inside to RG)- Smith

I just don't think you sit Free to play Watkins and you'd have to keep Smith on the field.

I guess at least who ever our next HC is he won't have to completely rebuild the line from scratch because he'll get Peters and Kelce back, hopefully be smart enough to reunite Peters and Herremans on the left side and then either sign or draft (early) a RT.

nah, Free is not strong enough to play OG,as bad as Watkins has been, he'd start at OG, seriously, outside of Tyron Smith, none of the other Dallas starters should start in the NFL

Next week's Eagles/Cowboys game is going to be like watching a Special Olympics boxing match.

:roll: , I said for weeks that the Dallas/Panthers game looked like two retarded kids fighting...I expect much the same next week.

#19 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

nah, Free is not strong enough to play OG,as bad as Watkins has been, he'd start at OG, seriously, outside of Tyron Smith, none of the other Dallas starters should start in the NFL

Only watched like 2 whole Pokes games this year and didn't really focus on the OL but what the heck happened to Free?

2 seasons ago I thought he was playing like 1 of the better lineman in the league.

#20 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

#21 blakjak

blakjak

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,976 posts
  • Fan Since:Day one

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Its a loss to either team and will help the Giants if they can scrape together a win against Cincy.

I will say this though after what I saw last night from the Eagle's O-line, anyone calling for Foles to be put in is bonkers. IMO Vick for better or for worse is probably the best QB for the Birds right now.

#22 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Its a loss to either team and will help the Giants if they can scrape together a win against Cincy.

I will say this though after what I saw last night from the Eagle's O-line, anyone calling for Foles to be put in is bonkers. IMO Vick for better or for worse is probably the best QB for the Birds right now.

It's left to be seen if Foles has a legit future, although he did show some early promise, but your right, to put any rookie QB behind this OL would just be asking to get the kid murdered, hell right now I don't think even Peyton in his prime (arguably the best QB of this generation at diagnosing and beating the blitz) would last more than a game or 2. :nonono:

#23 MacGyver1

MacGyver1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hi, you're a Giants fan....just worry about your sorry team.

#24 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

:roll: , I said for weeks that the Dallas/Panthers game looked like two retarded kids fighting...I expect much the same next week.

And to top it off, it's the nationally televised 4PM game. That should be considered criminal.... watching a bunch of retarded mongos fight it out for our enjoyment.

#25 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,732 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I just posted this in TATE:

"The Cowboys are a mistake prone team, but they don't seem to quit. They've only been completely outclassed once this season in Seattle. The Eagles on the other hand show no sign of life. Rob Ryan's proclaimation of "We're going to kick their asses" comes true this weekend...a year later."

Oops, forgot the Chicago game. Dallas was brutal in that one too. I still think they win this weekend. We'll be the team that makes Dez Bryant look like the receiver he was expected to be.

#26 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

"The Cowboys are a mistake prone team, but they don't seem to quit. They've only been completely outclassed once this season in Seattle. The Eagles on the other hand show no sign of life. Rob Ryan's proclaimation of "We're going to kick their asses" comes true this weekend...a year later."

Oops, forgot the Chicago game. Dallas was brutal in that one too. I still think they win this weekend. We'll be the team that makes Dez Bryant look like the receiver he was expected to be.

Pretty much.

Romo can turn the ball over 8 times if he wants and this offense still won't do anything with the opportunities.

Instead of making Bryant look good, they'll probably make some scrub like Ogletree look like friggen Jerry Rice.

#27 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

i'll take the Eagles straight up...want to bet sigs?

And to top it off, it's the nationally televised 4PM game. That should be considered criminal.... watching a bunch of retarded mongos fight it out for our enjoyment.

that should really move that game to 1pm and put a real game on at 4.

#28 DawkinsOwnage03

DawkinsOwnage03

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,291 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I saw we win 3 more games, one Dallas game, the Giants, and the Panthers.

#29 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

that should really move that game to 1pm and put a real game on at 4.

They should take Wally's advice and move it to Friday afternoon.

#30 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

They should take Wally's advice and move it to Friday afternoon.

:roll:

Black it out to the Philly area.