Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Who misses the McNabb era

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Jaimin

Jaimin

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Dave

Who sold Lurie on the Vick idea anyway? As a ex-season ticket holder I would've accepted a losing season with a rookie QB if the potential was there to win in the future. It would've been painful but I was sold on the transition idea....Vick is a video game QB, why did they fall in love with this guy and forget the fundamental success of the Reid era. Build good offensive and defensive lines, a QB that can make plays.

Howard Mudd was the answer to a better O-line. 2 years of data suggests he sucks!
Jim Washburn was the answer to a better D-line. 2 years of data suggest he sucks!

Couple that with M.M taking the offensive coordinator position after Childress. 6 years of that data suggests he sucks! Would it kill them to run a toss sweep to the right or a WR screen when they see a all out blitz?

I love A.R. and want him to win so bad but he surrounds himself with morons. Why did they doom us to feel like Cleveland Brown fans? Is someone going to be held accountable? Just tell me yes to the last question so I can have hope of seeing this team win before I die of old age.

#2 Schlob

Schlob

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,798 posts
  • Fan Since:1963

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

McFlabb era is long over, but there is one truth we can all agree on McNabb >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vick. Vick could be one of the most overrated Quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. I laugh my rear end off everytime of of these Dipstick announcers call him "ELITE". TATEr's aren't the only ones who are cluless.

#3 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Highboy, McNabb, and maybe McNabb's Mom....that is probably it

#4 eaglesaddict

eaglesaddict

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

At this point I'd take both Sam and Wilma McNabb over Vick. Maybe one of them can play O-line.

#5 kitko60

kitko60

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

It's funny to me how people still don't appreciate McNabb...
I highly doubt we'll ever see a better QB play in Philly!

#6 focker1636

focker1636

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Sure, who wouldn't miss the Eagles of 2001-2008. That was a great era, fell short, but great football. McNabb had some great years, but he fell off the cliff as well.

It's sad to see AR heading out of the door, but it's time. This team has been in rapid decline for years now and it a step away from the NFL cellar. Time to start fresh.

#7 Erie

Erie

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,412 posts
  • Fan Since:Jaws

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Love McNabb, and he was in decline toward the end. Moving him was the right, but albeit painful, move. Thanks 5 for everything.

#8 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Sure, who wouldn't miss the Eagles of 2001-2004. That was a great era, fell short, but great football. McNabb had some great years, but he fell off the cliff as well.

It's long overdue to see Reid head out the door - way, way past time. This team has been in rapid decline for years now and it a step away from the NFL cellar. Well past time to start fresh.

Fixed

#9 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

:lol:

#10 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,258 posts
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Obviously not.

It's funny to me how people still don't appreciate McNabb...
I highly doubt we'll ever see a better QB play in Philly!

A few on here are insane enough to believe Vick is better when in fact you could fill in the spot behind center with cement and it would be more effective in not losing us games than Vick.

#11 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,830 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

The "McNabb era" resulted in zero Super Bowl victories. May as well as have had some 0-16 seasons in there, the results would still be the same but maybe we'd have had a #1 pick in there somewhere where maybe we end up with an Aaron Rodgers or some other player that would propel us into the next decade.

#12 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,753 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

**Raises hand**

I'll take his wormburners over the ish Vick displays as a QB. I'll take everything he did over what the QB's after him have done for this org.

#13 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,802 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'm surprised Op hasn't firebombed the hell out of this thread yet. :pizza:

#14 EAGLESinc

EAGLESinc

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I miss the Mike Pitts..Reggie White...Clyde Simmons..Jerome Brown era....Thats what I miss !!!!

#15 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I miss the Mike Pitts..Reggie White...Clyde Simmons..Jerome Brown era....Thats what I miss !!!!

Amen, brother.

I'm surprised Op hasn't firebombed the hell out of this thread yet. :pizza:

Whatever Op thinks, only an idiot would prefer this dreck to the 2000-2004 years. 2005 on is fair game.

#16 Operator 7

Operator 7

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

McNabb was good prior to 2005, I concur. He was also better than Vick during that time. My problem with McNabb is that instead of building on his athletic gifts, or even TRY to become a leader (like Moon or McNair), he decided to play the liberal victim/passive-aggressive scheme. Anyone who would long for THAT, should be slapped upside the head, HARD.

#17 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Since the best part of the McNabb era was from 1999 until 2005....well.......that would mean I still have 7 more years of Andy Reid to look forward to..............

Ummmmm.....no, I don't miss the McNabb era....not at all !!!!

#18 wyo_eagle_fan

wyo_eagle_fan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Get off at the Apathy exit, head straight to the docks and get on board the boat. Ship's a-sailin'..

#19 hubert

hubert

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

The mcnabb era was a series of close but no cigar seasons... which sadly is the best time this franchise has ever experienced.... frankly reid gets fired.... i'm not sure what happens....maybe we become the cleveland browns... maybe we become the new england pats.... who knows... all i know is if you fire reid you better hire someone realllly good. And if they hire eric mangini i'm gonna not be a eagles fan anymore.

#20 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,802 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

frankly reid gets fired.... i'm not sure what happens....maybe we become the cleveland browns... maybe we become the new england pats.... who knows... all i know is if you fire reid you better hire someone realllly good.

Can we please get this clear? It doesn't matter a tinker's damn who they hire. They just need somebody with a fresh perspective. Reid is FINISHED.

#21 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,258 posts
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Mcnabb even at his most sloth filled worst had/has more talent and performed better than Vick. Vick's "era" was about 5 games in 2010, and since then he's gotten progressively worse. The hype is over. Time for a real QB.

#22 Iggles

Iggles

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Roger Goodell dumped Vick on the Eagles in 2009. Robert Kraft said "no". Goodell convinced Lurie to take him in exchange of paying off NFL stadium loan debts. Goodell was worried Vick would join that new professional football league in 2009 and make it legit. Meanwhile, Lurie has free cash to spend, and decides to build a wind farm on top of the Linc roof that will power a quarter of Philadelphia. As Eagle fans suffer from incompetence since 12/10.

That's why Vick's concussion is the best thing that has happened to Eagle fans since...........2004.

#23 djbigf

djbigf

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123,847 posts
  • Fan Since:Always

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Love McNabb, and he was in decline toward the end. Moving him was the right, but albeit painful, move. Thanks 5 for everything nothing.

fyp

#24 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Roger Goodell dumped Vick on the Eagles in 2009. Robert Kraft said "no". Goodell convinced Lurie to take him in exchange of paying off NFL stadium loan debts. Goodell was worried Vick would join that new professional football league in 2009 and make it legit. Meanwhile, Lurie has free cash to spend, and decides to build a wind farm on top of the Linc roof that will power a quarter of Philadelphia. As Eagle fans suffer from incompetence since 12/10.

They also faked the moon landing...

#25 Iggles

Iggles

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

They also faked the moon landing...

Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. This isn't a conspiracy, it's a prid quo pro deal. Goodell dumped Vick on Robert Kraft first, he says no because Goodell can't bribe him. Lurie was still paying off stadium loan debts to the NFL as of 2009. Now Lurie can power south Philadelphia with his green wind-farm project. Do you think Lurie would invest in a venture with an outstanding debt to the league he works for? BTW, why did Andy Reid change his mind on a Tuesday (for the first time in his NFL coaching career) in 2010 starting Vick over Kolb? Really???? Are you that naive? The real conspiracy is why Andy Reid tried to commit suicide by hiring his OL coach as DC.

#26 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,802 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. This isn't a conspiracy, it's a prid quo pro deal.

I don't usually get after people for misspellings but I think you meant quid pro quo.

#27 Erie

Erie

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,412 posts
  • Fan Since:Jaws

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

What's the frequency, Kenneth.