Photo

[News] Defense Vows To Fight On

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,760 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Last week, it was allowing points on the Atlanta Falcons' first six drives of the game. This week, among a list of problems that led to the Eagles’ 28-13 loss on Monday Night Football, the Eagles d...

View the full article

#2 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

"you can still win some games and put yourself in a good position"

we are beyond the whole just..."win some games" mentality. Winning Some games at this point doesn't get us in the playoffs.

I can't believe it, but Asomugha's comments are actually more watered down than his play as an Eagle. What a bust.

#3 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Better turn this ship around FAST cause you need to run the table to have any shot unless the Giants seriously fall off.

#4 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Cullen jenkins qoute is the best!!. Same showing! Andy reid wont still sticking to the same lines. this team now needs a coach who wont sugar coat anything for media...not sayin be rex ryan.. but atleast say , hey we suck , guys areny disciplined, our o line sucks, our qb needs to w/e..... I think fans will appreciate that he truly acknowledges the problem and is fired up to make needed changes asap and bench who ever. When players feel playing time is in jeoprady , the talented will rise. Reid generic ,,repeated automated responses shows in the teams play...extention of him.. Repeated , automated. If a coach fires me up to play, and I know he will bench me if dont perform.. Oh Ill play great

#5 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

bench 24 and 93 not playing up to their contracts let the young hungry guys have a shot

#6 heiman

heiman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

We all said that Castillo was the problem, his lack of experience was killing us on defense. Bull you know what. As it turns out, he was doing a dang good job. I also thought to myself, why is he not pressing and playing man with the secondary. We know now, our corners despite what every expert said can't play press-man coverage. Todd Bowles is in over his head, period. I am ready to fire Howard Mudd, this O-Line is horrible. Joe Montana, Johnny U, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, etc... could not play well behind this line. I know he has suffered some serious injuries to his unit, but we only carried 9 on the depth chart and our backups suck. Bad personal choices on top of it... Dennis Kelly over Gibson and Vandervelde, this is an absurd move. I hope we play Dallas this Sunday with heart... If we don't my t.v. will not be turned on for another Eagles game this season!!!!!

#7 Bleedin'Green70

Bleedin'Green70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

What a mess! I agree with all of the comments below. What happened to the vaunted D Line? What are the Eagles getting for the umpteen millions they are spending on Nnamdi and DRC? Where have the linebackers gone? Will Coleman ever learn to play some cover and get his eyes out of the backfield ... and will he learn that tackling comes first ... then try stripping the ball. What can anyone expect when David Sims is expected to cover Jimmy Graham? Todd Boles' Defensive schemes make me wish Juan was still here.

#8 gwapo62

gwapo62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Foles will make everyone in this team looks better, Vick was a good quarterback during his prime in atlanta, times has change, Foles will be as good as Luck or even better if given the oppurtunity, everyone blames the offensive line but with foles quick , precise and accurate throws will make those lousy linemen probowlers and it creates a domino effect to the entire team. Stop the bleeding and start Foles and we will have a different Eagle team.!!!!

#9 eaglehawk712

eaglehawk712

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

@gwapo62 If changing one man would fix all of our problems then we wouldn't need coaches or anything similar to them.

#10 Philadelfan

Philadelfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Always the same excuses "Need to fix somes things blablabla .." Andy, it's since first week that team need to fix somes things, and it's worst and worst week after week ..

The only big fix to do, is to make McCoy and Brown RUN the ball, look the result this week against NO. The running game is the key of the offense. How M.Vick should throw 41 passes as he is not a pocket QB and got a mid bench / reserve / Starter O-line ?

70% Run 30% pass to force defense to play against the run and make some plays on play action.

And Vick has to make some quick pass as he only thinks about taking a first down on every passing game. (10y/catch avg, or just change the playcall who's very bad).

On the other side, Graham prove that he deserves some more reps, and that our CB are not as good as they are show to be honest. Oh, and a tackling training should be effective, so many yards and points lost monday because of that.

Your french fan.

#11 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Ppl the problem with the d line is simple!!!! There is no d tackle pressure! No d tackle push. Simple notice every qb steps up in pocket cause the ends come in wide and fast. Simple coaching fix. Teams did their home work. So if the qb steps up as nd our d tsckles arent pushing back or beating o line men...qbs have more than enuff time. Brees fumbled last night cause when grahm came in wide, he stepped forward and had no space cause jenkins I think pushed the linemen back. Last year it worked better cause qbs werent as prepared in pocket and d line pushed. we need dixon, bunkley back. Just,saying bigger bodies that,will move bodies

#12 biggestphillyfan

biggestphillyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

You people are complete idiots if you think Foles can fix this and play better than Vick. If Foles would've been in the game last night there would've been 15 sacks instead of 7, Vick got out of a lot of trouble last night. If we had a QB that couldn't move, we wouldn't have a single point this year.

Secondly, Marty is THE problem. His play calling is the worst I've seen in my 30 years of watching football. The Saints were sending 7 or 8 every play last night and he still calls plays with 5-7 step drops. How do you beat the blitz? Screens and draws. Did we see any last night?....NOPE!! You can't run plays that require time when you have an offensive line that is the worst in the NFL.

Vick is NOT the problem. MM, Reid, Todd, and the offensive line is the problem. Put Vick behind Rodgers', Brees', or Brady's offensive line and he is an elite QB!

#13 vergarm

vergarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I agree that Marty is part of the problem but as QB vick should have the awareness to read the defense and adjust the play (like last night when saints brough an all-out blitz). I dont think you can compare him to Brady or Brees. They're on a different level.

#14 Stan_Havili

Stan_Havili

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

ok ok if marty and andy let vick change the audible all the time at the line it would help I agree vergarn however when there is only 7 min in the game 4th q and we are taking our time its not going to help when we are down. the O line we all know needs to be fixed asap sign chris kemoatu and jamal jackson center back asap and I rather see jaiquian jarrett then david small sims playing saftey...... ok now for the defense would it be a bad idea if we put curtis marsh or brandon hughes opposite side from drc on each corner and have nnamdi play free saftey and shift nate to strong and sit kurt coleman? when nickel package have brandon boykin play slot corner. I say this because nnamdi is a step slower and is getting beat man coverage

#15 Stan_Havili

Stan_Havili

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

nnamdi to play free saftey and shift nate to strong........... brandon playing outside corner with curtis marsh? wat u think eagle nation? nnamdi aint the same from oak town

#16 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Fire MM, his play calling is way to predictable. Scrap the wide 9 it's not working, it's not getting sacks and hardly any pressure and we are getting ripped by both the run game and the passing because of screens over our de over pursuing. Give Nnamdi a pay cut and give DRC a new contract that has incentives for him not to get called on pi. Get rid of the giant oline idiots who can't even touch a defender (that means you Reynolds and Kelly).

#17 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

foles right now is a better qb option... Because the game plan will be simplified, his decision making us beyond vick. Think first not feet first. Lets not hate on foles cause so many of u are stuck on vick/stupid. Why did vick.suck in the last few games of 2010, all of last year, and preseason, and this season? He is what he is. Marty and reid may need to go, offensive line needs to improve, but that changes nothing,about vick. Hes had more than enuff time to learn how to be a,qb

#18 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

foles right now is a better qb option... Because the game plan will be simplified, his decision making us beyond vick. Think first not feet first. Lets not hate on foles cause so many of u are stuck on vick/stupid. Why did vick.suck in the last few games of 2010, all of last year, and preseason, and this season? He is what he is. Marty and reid may need to go, offensive line needs to improve, but that changes nothing,about vick. Hes had more than enuff time to learn how to be a,qb

#19 biggestphillyfan

biggestphillyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I wasn't saying Vick is on Brees', Rodgers', and Brady's level, I said put him behind their offensive lines and he's a way better QB.

I guess I don't see it that way dub sel, Foles is not the option until we have a better line. Vick has no other chocie but to think with his feet. On average, Vick, from the time the ball is snapped, has 1.6 seconds to throw the ball! How do you read a defense and go through your progressions in 1 second? NO QB could do that.

Fire Marty, Andy, and Todd. Somehow get Payton to come here as head coach and find another D-coordinator.

I still don't think this season is a wash, unless we lose to the Cow****es. I will continue to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. GO EAGLES!!

#20 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yah the defense will fight on, don't worry the D will do it's job. Our offense will not do a thing. Dallas will score in the 20s, while we'll only score in the teens. Oh wells. Their's next year. I know we have 8 games left. The O will not do a thing.

#21 omgitsdave

omgitsdave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Can anyone tackle on this team...or for that matter in the NFL so many missed tackles, its like players dont want to use their arms, wrap up, fly to the ball and get gang tackles. That over pursuit play by Kendrick's when Graham scored just summarises it all, graham cuts back and walks in the endzone...Db's cant tackle...32nd rushing offense runs for 100 plus yards...ridiculous. Tackle..and get off the field, end of story.

#22 purple koolaid

purple koolaid

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Bengals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

With Reid appearing to lose hold of his players let the cards fall and clean house at the end of the year. So what if the egales lose the rest of their games.

#23 hunterseeker

hunterseeker

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Foles would get beat up with this OLine. If we had a good OLine, MV would be playing better. Nnamdi is a frustrating player, he makes some great plays, and then he misses tackles and has blown coverages with KurtC. I agree, pay cut required. I always blamed MM for not getting deep in playoff runs, and now he is losing control in the early part of the reg season. Next season, I think we need a new OC working with a pocket QB, and a better OLine. The wide nine has to go, all teams have ways of ripping it apart.

#24 eaglesmark

eaglesmark

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Wouldn't want to see Foles out there behind this O-line. He'd get slaughtered. How come this team can't beat the blitz? A lot of other teams can. We NEED a pocket QB after the starters get back on the O-line next season Can't wait to see the new coaching staff that'll be hired in a few months. Hope Lurie makes the right call for the right head coach.