Photo
- - - - -

Is Reid still our best option?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 worldd15

worldd15

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

When I see Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy, and possibly Sean Payton all available after this season, is Reid still our best choice as HC?

#2 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,688 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Uh, let's see. :wacko: I just can't decide.

#3 Dawkins718

Dawkins718

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Fan Since:early 80

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Even if we dont go after one of those coaches I mean there are plenty of Asst Coaches that would be a better fit then reid, like Perry Fewell he is a defensive guy and he short stint as Head Coach for the bills when D jauron was fired or Winston Moss or even daren perry who was served as secondary coach under D LeBeau or even Russ Grimm would be better then what we have now.And as much as lurie will take hit to his wallet he needs to get rid of roseman when he gives reid the ax.

#4 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,504 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

The best option is let Reid ride it out....let him experience the full measure of his vision and philosophy in the results he achieves.

I can't see Reid getting more than 2 wins in the next 8 games.....Plus, 5-11 translates into a pretty good 1st round draft pick....the next guy is going to need it.

#5 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Reid is coaching out the string....he's done after 8 more games

#6 wyo_eagle_fan

wyo_eagle_fan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Riding the storm out.

#7 egforever

egforever

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Reid is coaching out the string....he's done after 8 more games

Reids tone during his interview this week was soft and had no real answers as usual. During that same interview he was asked whether he'd talked to Lurie at all and he responded yeah after the game. I'm sure he's already been told that he's done and so is his staff. I truly don't know what to think of this year and the results. I was at the game on Monday and Jenkins spent as much time talking to fans in the stands as he did players or coaches. I had high hopes for him, but Jenkins,Babin,Vick and Asomugha will almost certainly be gone after years end. My next question after Roseman got this extension is when Reid is fired is Rosemans power going to increase to a true GMs power or stay the same? What do you guys think other than that he should be canned because I think he ends up staying?

#8 JPL0720

JPL0720

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Reid hasn't been the best option since 2005. 7 years later has not made me change my mind. He should never have coached this season after what happened at training camp.

#9 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Reids tone during his interview this week was soft and had no real answers as usual. During that same interview he was asked whether he'd talked to Lurie at all and he responded yeah after the game. I'm sure he's already been told that he's done and so is his staff. I truly don't know what to think of this year and the results. I was at the game on Monday and Jenkins spent as much time talking to fans in the stands as he did players or coaches. I had high hopes for him, but Jenkins,Babin,Vick and Asomugha will almost certainly be gone after years end. My next question after Roseman got this extension is when Reid is fired is Rosemans power going to increase to a true GMs power or stay the same? What do you guys think other than that he should be canned because I think he ends up staying?

The only assumption to be made is that Howie is staying in some capacity as he is someone Lurie trusts on the football side of the operation.

I don't know for sure, but I think Lurie might be a pretty insecure guy and has a need to have someone by his side.

I am not sure he has the stomach to let the entire football side of the operation go, and then sift through the process of hiring and rebuilding it without one of his lieutenants.

So my guess is based on this and the extension that Howie stays and helps lead the hiring of the new staff.

I agree with you wholeheartedly with some of the supposed leaders of this team.... None have shown any real focus, heart or desire to get the wheels back on track.

#10 egforever

egforever

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

The only assumption to be made is that Howie is staying in some capacity as he is someone Lurie trusts on the football side of the operation.

I don't know for sure, but I think Lurie might be a pretty insecure guy and has a need to have someone by his side.

I am not sure he has the stomach to let the entire football side of the operation go, and then sift through the process of hiring and rebuilding it without one of his lieutenants.

So my guess is based on this and the extension that Howie stays and helps lead the hiring of the new staff.

I agree with you wholeheartedly with some of the supposed leaders of this team.... None have shown any real focus, heart or desire to get the wheels back on track.

I hear ya. We can't blame all of the draft and FA busts on Howie. Reid has final say and we'll never truly know if there is ever players they disagree on or if Reid just goes with the player evaluations of the scouts and Roseman. I agree that it would be best to keep Howie around for another year or to to evaluate what he does. I would like to see his powers increase to that of a true GM.