Photo
- - - - -

Juan Castillo back as DC?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 gameshowfan91

gameshowfan91

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Do you think it's possible Dave?

#2 evilwaldo

evilwaldo

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,968 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

no

#3 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,696 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

How about as OL coach?? haha

#4 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

How about as OL coach?? haha

thats where he should have always remained

#5 HarborTheClay

HarborTheClay

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Making the switch is sure paying off.

#6 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

I called it the day before they fired JC. I said firing JC would be a mistake. With the exception of 2 bad quarters, his defense has been above average-good this season(which it was), and that if anybody needed to be fired it would be the man who's offense is one of the leagues worst in the only stat that matters, points scored(obviously talking about MM). I hate to be a hater, but If Bowles is supposed to be better then JC, then he must not have gotten the memo. Words can not describe how dissapointed I am in Reid. The only logical explanation I could have for JC being fired and replaced by another man who has never called a play before would be Reid giving into the fans who constantly ranted about JC.......... im just sayin. Reid thinks that he can win whenever his QB, who is only good at the deep plays and running out've bounds, only has a second and a half in the pocket? How ignorant are you??? P. Manning, E. Manning, Brady, Brees, nobody can have any form of success within 1.5 seconds! I'm sorry guys, but either way, I think this season is over unless we hit FA hard with OLinemen(and even then it'll take awhile to get them integrated with the system). At this point our team is a joke, defensively, but more so offensively........ get rid of Vick, get rid of Reid, get rid of Bowles, get rid of MM, get new Safeties, and kick the DLine in the a**!.......... Oh, and somebody PLEASE tell me Lurie is on the phone with Sean Payton right now!

#7 Erie

Erie

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,403 posts
  • Fan Since:Jaws

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Seriously?

Juan, hopeful, would have too much pride.

More importantly, it would amount to Reid admitting a grave coaching mistake, in a year where he sits on the hot seat.

Finally, have you ever seen such a move in the history of the league?

#8 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,439 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

thats where he should have always remained

Agreed.

#9 egforever

egforever

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I called it the day before they fired JC. I said firing JC would be a mistake. With the exception of 2 bad quarters, his defense has been above average-good this season(which it was), and that if anybody needed to be fired it would be the man who's offense is one of the leagues worst in the only stat that matters, points scored(obviously talking about MM). I hate to be a hater, but If Bowles is supposed to be better then JC, then he must not have gotten the memo. Words can not describe how dissapointed I am in Reid. The only logical explanation I could have for JC being fired and replaced by another man who has never called a play before would be Reid giving into the fans who constantly ranted about JC.......... im just sayin. Reid thinks that he can win whenever his QB, who is only good at the deep plays and running out've bounds, only has a second and a half in the pocket? How ignorant are you??? P. Manning, E. Manning, Brady, Brees, nobody can have any form of success within 1.5 seconds! I'm sorry guys, but either way, I think this season is over unless we hit FA hard with OLinemen(and even then it'll take awhile to get them integrated with the system). At this point our team is a joke, defensively, but more so offensively........ get rid of Vick, get rid of Reid, get rid of Bowles, get rid of MM, get new Safeties, and kick the DLine in the a**!.......... Oh, and somebody PLEASE tell me Lurie is on the phone with Sean Payton right now!

Well firing Juan should of happened in the offseason not midseason. Todd Bowles has never been a DC either, but he has been on that side of the ball for years and will be fine if given some time. If Reid would of made the switch in the offseason to give him time to develop his own scheme it would be a different result. They did only give up 21 last week which is better and forced a TO and got to the QB. Still tons of room for improvement although showing signs of improvement.
On the Vick thing on having no time in the pocket yeah that is a problem at times, but when he does he sits there to long takes a sack or throws int's or incomplete and if you didn't hear Reid yesterday he actually admitted to Vick not seeing the blitz and picking it up and Vick was suppose to be making the line calls and adjustments. Also sliding the pocket away and getting rid of it quick. The announcers of games which most are old coaches have bashed Vick on bad blitz pick up, poor throws, locking on one receiver, not going through his progressions, picks and ball security and last but not least inaccurate to top it off. I've watched Vick have around 8 sec multiple times get flushed from the pocket run towards the sideline and take a sack instead of throwing it away or dumping it off or run out of bounds and try to pick up a couple. That all adds up to his absolute inability to function as a QB in this system and any other really. Like the guy but he's limited in what he can or is capable of doing. He's not an elite QB or even top ten in the NFL. He is what he is and we're where we are because of Reid....