Photo
- - - - -

Okay... we all made predictions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

#1 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

back in August or early spetember about your SB picks.

Well every teams has either played 8 or 9 games now.

So what are you picks as or right now after injuries, etc....

Division winners

AFC Divisiion winners

New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens
Houston Texans
Denver Broncos

NFC Division winners

New York Giants
Chicago Bears
Atlanta Falcons
San Francisco 49ers

WILD CARD WINNERS

AFC- Indianapolis Colts & Pittsburgh Steelers
NFC- Green Bay Packers & Seattle Seahawks

I see a SuperBowl matchup of the

Atlanta Falcons
--vs--
Denver Broncos

Yes, I changed alot after 9 weeks, but Im sure some of you did also. Well how are you picks looking??

#2 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,727 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

All I care about is I had the Giants at 11-5 and they are right on schedule...

#3 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,511 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

The Falcons in the Super Bowl? I'll be absolutely shocked to be honest. When I look at them, I'm impressed with one thing and one thing only, it's their WR tandem which is far away the best one-two punch in the league. Running game? Not as good as it used to be. Defense? decent, not great by any means. Matt Ryan? Very good player, but we've been saying that for years now.

#4 Nik Sneak

Nik Sneak

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

The Falcons in the Super Bowl? I'll be absolutely shocked to be honest. When I look at them, I'm impressed with one thing and one thing only, it's their WR tandem which is far away the best one-two punch in the league. Running game? Not as good as it used to be. Defense? decent, not great by any means. Matt Ryan? Very good player, but we've been saying that for years now.

I agree. I do think it is worth noting that this Falcons team appears more capable of winning the tougher games this year then they have in the past. Not sure that will carry into the playoffs or not though.

#5 bklyn1028

bklyn1028

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

The Falcons haven't really played any team of substance....I think this week at NO they will get their first taste...don't be surprised if they walk away 8-1.

#6 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I picked the bears to win it all, they are still in it at this point.

#7 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,568 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I had the Giants at 8 or 9 wins. Nothing else matters to me at this point.

I dont recall making a SB prediction, but I'll make one now

SF- Houston, with Houston the winner.

#8 downundermike

downundermike

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Texans defeat Packers....

#9 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I picked the bears to win it all, they are still in it at this point.

Other than beating the now somewhat surprising Colts on opening day, the Bears wins are all against teams that are a combined 16 - 33 and have lost to the only team they've played that has a winning record (GB week 2).

We'll know a lot more about the Bear's legitimacy after the next 2 weeks (vs. Hou and @ SF).

#10 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

SUPERBOWLZ!!!!!!

#11 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,568 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Other than beating the now somewhat surprising Colts on opening day, the Bears wins are all against teams that are a combined 16 - 33 and have lost to the only team they've played that has a winning record (GB week 2).

We'll know a lot more about the Bear's legitimacy after the next 2 weeks (vs. Hou and @ SF).

Ok, your criticism of someone elses' prediction has been duly noted :rolleyes:

How about making one of your own

#12 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,727 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ok, your criticism of someone elses' prediction has been duly noted :rolleyes:

How about making one of your own

Here's what it will be:

"jersey will struggle in the 2nd half to finish at 7-9. Corkey will continue his slump and calls for Coughlin to be fired start anew as they realize 2011 was a total fluke"

:roll:

#13 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

It was just a pick..

#14 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,546 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

I had Houston-SF in the SB and the Eagles dead last in the East.

Yeah, Im nostradamus.

#15 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

It was just a pick..

No ish.

I was merely pointing out that their next 2 games should tell a lot about whether they're a legit NFC contender or just an overrated team that's gotten fat on scrubs.

#16 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

No ish.

I was merely pointing out that their next 2 games should tell a lot about whether they're a legit NFC contender or just an overrated team that's gotten fat on scrubs.

I sort of agree with you...thing to me is, they've been DESTROYING those scrubs and not just squeaking by. But will be entertaining to see if they're legit in the next couple of weeks.

#17 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

I sort of agree with you...thing to me is, they've been DESTROYING those scrubs and not just squeaking by. But will be entertaining to see if they're legit in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah but in several of those "destructions" they've gotten multiple scores from the D and/or STs while their O hasn't really done much at all (ranked 28th) and that's with constantly being set up in great field position by the D, and even then mostly settling for Gould FGs.

#18 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yeah but in several of those "destructions" they've gotten multiple scores from the D and/or STs while their O hasn't really done much at all (ranked 28th) and that's with constantly being set up in great field position by the D, and even then mostly settling for Gould FGs.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a team win it all with a dominant D and special teams...and a below average offense? Be a nice ode to the old days.

#19 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to see a team win it all with a dominant D and special teams...and a below average offense? Be a nice ode to the old days.

It would be refreshing to see a team that was "balanced" in all 3 facets of the game do it (since I suppose the 08' Steelers), but the Bears have really just been feasting on TOs (17 ints and 17 FF), so I'm not at all sold on how "dominant" they are.

The only game they didn't win the TO battle (and usually by a significant margin), was GB week 2 and they were basically getting stomped until a late, meaningless TD made the game appear a little closer than it really was.

#20 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

It would be refreshing to see a team that was "balanced" in all 3 facets of the game do it (since I suppose the 08' Steelers), but the Bears have really just been feasting on TOs (17 ints and 17 FF), so I'm not at all sold on how "dominant" they are.

The only game they didn't win the TO battle (and usually by a significant margin), was GB week 2 and they were basically getting stomped until a late, meaningless TD made the game appear a little closer than it really was.

Wouldn't you say that they've been putting games away pretty early, with no real need to go all out on offense? I'm not sold on them being "dominant" either, but feasting on TOs and making plays on special teams doesn't 'mask' the fact that they're a good team, it means that they're REALLY good at two facets of the game, and yet to be proven at the third one(offense).

Although the Cutler-Marshall connection from the Denver days is pretty much back in full force, and Forte is now healthy again...I wouldn't sleep on their offense. They don't run an explosive offense, so from now until the end of the season I wouldn't let stats fool me. Their only question mark would be their offensive line.

#21 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Wouldn't you say that they've been putting games away pretty early, with no real need to go all out on offense? I'm not sold on them being "dominant" either, but feasting on TOs and making plays on special teams doesn't 'mask' the fact that they're a good team, it means that they're REALLY good at two facets of the game, and yet to be proven at the third one(offense).

Although the Cutler-Marshall connection from the Denver days is pretty much back in full force, and Forte is now healthy again...I wouldn't sleep on their offense. They don't run an explosive offense, so from now until the end of the season I wouldn't let stats fool me. Their only question mark would be their offensive line.

No, not at all.

With the exceptions of Luck's first game and this past week when they went up 28 - 2 in the 1st qtr (thanks to ST, defensive scores and a punt return to the Titals 8), they were:

Rams: up 10 - 3 at the half and 10 - 6 going into the 4th.

Pokes: up 10 - 7 at the half.

Jags: tied 3 - 3 at the half.

Lions: up 10 - 0 at the half, ended up wining 13 - 7.

Car: trailing 13 - 7 at the half.

In all of those games their O did next to nothing in the first 30+ minutes and that was against mostly suspect at best Ds.

#22 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

No, not at all.

With the exceptions of Luck's first game and this past week when they went up 28 - 2 in the 1st qtr (thanks to ST, defensive scores and a punt return to the Titals 8), they were:

Rams: up 10 - 3 at the half and 10 - 6 going into the 4th.

Pokes: up 10 - 7 at the half.

Jags: tied 3 - 3 at the half.

Lions: up 10 - 0 at the half, ended up wining 13 - 7.

Car: trailing 13 - 7 at the half.

In all of those games their O did next to nothing in the first 30+ minutes and that was against mostly suspect at best Ds.

Cool, I guess da Bears are frauds.

#23 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Cool, I guess da Bears are frauds.

Not frauds necessarily but have also hardly been tested yet so it's difficult to say what they legitimately are at this point, but there's no reason to get pissy just because your statement about them "putting teams away early" completely missed the mark. :nonono:

#24 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Not frauds necessarily but have also hardly been tested yet so it's difficult to say what they legitimately are at this point, but there's no reason to get pissy just because your statement about them "putting teams away early" completely missed the mark. :nonono:

No I actually agreed with you earlier that they haven't been tested...and about them putting teams away early, that was pure speculation on my part, more of an inquisitive suggestion, I actually hadn't seen any of their games recently so I don't know if they put teams away early or not, I was waiting for you to tell me.

Why does every conversation with you have to end up with someone getting "pissy" or someone proving someone else wrong, or someone winning and someone losing...it doesn't matter, we're just talking. At least give yourself a chance to be cool, stop turning everything into a war of words...trust me, just keep everything football related, and you won't have to be engaged in acrimony all the time

#25 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

No I actually agreed with you earlier that they haven't been tested...and about them putting teams away early, that was pure speculation on my part, more of an inquisitive suggestion, I actually hadn't seen any of their games recently so I don't know if they put teams away early or not, I was waiting for you to tell me.

My bad for assuming that you were actually basing that statement on something more tangible than just a knee-jerk reaction to the Titan's game.

I don't go out of my way to watch Chicago games either so when when you said (not asked) that, I made the effort of doing a little research so that I could respond from a knowledge-based foundation, a practice that's woefully under-utilized around here in my opinion.

Why does every conversation with you have to end up with someone getting "pissy" or someone proving someone else wrong, or someone winning and someone losing...it doesn't matter, we're just talking. At least give yourself a chance to be cool, stop turning everything into a war of words...trust me, just keep everything football related, and you won't have to be engaged in acrimony all the time

It doesn't, but it's not like we don't have history Froggy. You've made (what I now realize where nothing more than baseless speculations in the past) and whenever I've countered them with actual facts you've had a tendency to either fly to the polar opposite extreme (from a "good team" to "frauds" ), and even to that out-right bizzare ("yes my Lord") tangent, so I tend to have my defenses up whenever you engage me.

#26 cmart102

cmart102

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,303 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

I had Packers Texans. Still kinda like it

#27 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,747 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Where's the original thread?, I think I said eagles will 7 & 9

#28 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,568 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Here's what it will be:

"jersey will struggle in the 2nd half to finish at 7-9. Corkey will continue his slump and calls for Coughlin to be fired start anew as they realize 2011 was a total fluke"

:roll:

Apparently, we can't even get that anymore either. The thread called for a prediction, and all he's capable of is attacking other peoples' predictions/statements, without daring to make one of his own. :roll:

Why waste your breath? You know as well as I do what his MO is. He sticks to the script as closely as Ron Burgundy sticks to whatever is on the teleprompter :roll:

#29 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,747 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Apparently, we can't even get that anymore either. The thread called for a prediction, and all he's capable of is attacking other peoples' predictions/statements, without daring to make one of his own. :roll:

Why waste your breath? You know as well as I do what his MO is. He sticks to the script as closely as Ron Burgundy sticks to whatever is on the teleprompter :roll:

Happy Belated B-Day Gmen

#30 Atlanta

Atlanta

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I think the Falcons are SB contenders.