Photo

[News] Vick: We Still Have A Shot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,758 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Quarterback Michael Vick understands the opportunity that is in front of his team this weekend. The Eagles' rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, come to Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday. Both teams are str...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

What.

#3 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

kudos to vick for not losing his head and slamming this o-line and pointing the finger...at least not publicly so far.

not like his brother did...

#4 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

He's right. We still have a chance but with 4 straight losses and the team showing no signs of improvement, it seems like a pipedream that they will win 6 or 7 of the last 8.

#5 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

gotta win against dallas.and at least finish10 n 6 to have a shot at the playoffs.too many injuries on the o line and not being able to score in the red zone its just about impossible unless every team we play gives us wins and plays bad.try again next year.by andy

#6 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

The biggest problem on this team is that Reid doesn't want to crack the whip. Think about the effect that it has on the backups when they see the starters who are getting paid all this money stink up this place and they remain on the bench unless its an injury. I would be totally unmotivated to prepare knowing that the only chance I will play is because of an injury. The starters are under no pressure to perform and the only way that is going to change is to put guys on the bench that are not scoring td's and making plays especially on offense. The offense is still averaging 17 pts per game. Andy Reid stinks as does Mike Vick. He still thinks he has the players that went to all the NFC Championship games and everything is going to right itself but this isn't that team most of those players are retired. He is treating Vick like he treated Mcnabb when he struggled but Donovan was a smarter QB than Vick and the defense was better. Sometimes you have to change according to your personnel and I believe these guys need to lose playing time for them to wakeup and play better. Its nothing more humbling than sitting on the bench and watching your teammates play if you are not injured.

#7 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

This article sounds eerily similar to 2011. Different year same QB.

#8 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

THE EAGLES DO HAVE A SHOT.....A SHOT TO GET THE NUMBER 1 DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR!

#9 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yup that's a very long shot there MR. 7! The way everyones playing the only shot the team has is a shot in the couch watching the playoffs. C'MON BOYS WAKE UP AND PLAY WITH SOME HEART AND TENACITY BABY!!!! YOU'RE MAKING US LOSE FAITH IN YOU, BUT WE DON'T WANT THAT! GO BIRDS!!

#10 rville

rville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Fan Since:46 yrs

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

I gotta give it up for MV he is playing his but off. He HAS made a bunch of turnovers that have cost the team wins, but he's getting his but kicked every game because of the sieve they call an offensive line( actually the line play is offensive get it). He keeps picking him self up an keeps ball'n. I have much respect for that. That being said, Mike has to step up and start making everybody around him play with the same heart he has.Djackson, mccoy, avant, and a few ohters are leaving everythng on the field, I just do not see that from everyone. Keep the one game at a time mindset, get everyone playing every play like it's 4th and goal and down 6, I think they can be a factor. They are 1-0 in the division. Last year they were ONE win from having the Giants watch the playoffs from home, ONE win, that could be the difference this year too. The Giants have 3 losses, pick up a win this week Giants at Bengals then they play Green Bay, not hard to see the Birds back in the thick of it in the NFC EAST. I have been an eagles fan for 40 years, not giving up on them. GO EAGLES

#11 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Oh did I say Fire MM NOW loud enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

There are only two ways the Eagles have a shot. 1. Vick tellS MM to go blank himself and calls audibles at the line (that includes calling running plays for Shady or himself instead of stupid passing plays especially in the RZ), and more importantly Vick starts playing his game not MM's stupid pasising game with no offensive line. or 2. FIRE MM NOW AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE!!!!!!

#13 stgcs

stgcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

The eagles can make the playoffs. They can play much better this make shift offensive line can gel and play with a lot of pride. And there is always that saying on any given sunday. Maybe for the 8 games the giants will lose 6 or 7. Chicago, Minn. Ari. Seat., 'Det., Atl. No. and Dallas can all have under 500 back halves and of course lets not forget Dallas who have the same amount of nay sayers wondering what is wrong with them. They could lose every game for the rest of the season so lets start them off with a trouncing on Sunday and get back on track Mike. Lose this one and even I will get negative.

#14 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

stgcs....what imaginary planet to do live on and what the hell our you smoking????

#15 eaglesacolyte

eaglesacolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

We gotta to put pressure on Romo with 3 man blitz every play even if we have to sub... the rest setup for pass and run coverage. We got to mix up the flats, runs with McCoy and Brown. We got this 14 - 10. Upset, upset, upset!!!!