Photo

[News] Eagles Must Win Big In NFC East

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
120 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,292 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Playing catch-up is not an easy thing to do, but that's the challenge for the Eagles as the second half of the 2012 season begins. It's one of many things on my mind days before the kickoff against Dallas ...

View the full article

#2 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

First!!

#3 DreamTeam2012

DreamTeam2012

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

The 3.98% that clicked ''1'' on the 1-5 scale poll should GTFO.

#4 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

If there are no scheme changes or play calling changes for the offense it's done. And please defense kill someone!

#5 MV3

MV3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Here's the thing...the season is over and it doesn't matter what happens for the rest of the season. How horrible is that to be finished halfway through the year? I'll be back next year to root for the Iggles...that is when Reid and MM are gone along with the craphole wide 9!

#6 marc1on

marc1on

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

In trying times like these, it is up to the coach to change the team's direction and come up with creative solutions. So we are doomed.

#7 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

When your lineman can't block, your defense can't tackle, and coaches can't coach you know your season is done. Our best o lineman right now is journeyman Mathis. The rest don't even deserve to be back ups. As for defense the wide 9 is suppose to get you sacks, and by using it you give up running lanes. Guess what guys not only are teams running down our throats, we aren't getting sacks. So back to basic 4:3 please so a safety isn't needed to fill a gap.

#8 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,367 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Sadness and gloom are obsolete on a Thursday.

Time to focus on SHELLACKING the nasty cowboys.

Go my team !!?!

#9 eaglesmark

eaglesmark

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

I talked a lot fo smack to a lot of Cowboy fans at the start of this season. I hope I don't have to go into hiding after this game.

#10 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

True Grit should be something that the O-Line needs to obtain,..by hook or crook!

#11 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

True grit is something that some of these "fans" need to find.

#12 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Ha

Dave says "That's why every roster spot and every practice-squad position is so valued."

So that's why we have a ton of underperforming D-Lineman and 4 RB's....of which we barely even use our starting RB let alone the backups ??? Dion and Polk may as well not even dress.

So that glut of players leaves us with absolutley NO VIABLE DEPTH ANYWHERE ELSE ON THIS TEAM !!! Except maybe at QB, which doesn't matter who's in there at this point without an o-line. We come up very short at LB, O-line & safety positions at the expense of having too many good DLineman and RB's that mostly sit on our bench.

Here's my suggestion:

Every down, we go with 2 TE's, 2 RB's and 1 WR. On passing plays (which has to be 3 out of every 4 plays according to the AR/MM playcalling), If that one WR aint open after about 1 sec, then Vick needs to run just run like hell.

#13 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

The only way we can win the NFC EAST is when Eli, Tony, and RG3 gets hurt and Mr. 7 starts using his legs instead of the passing game.

#14 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,038 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Woody...Tommy Lawlor has come around to your O game plan. 2 TE set...2 wr's on the same side. No empty back field sets.

#15 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,038 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Fireman a no show again for practice yesterday...yikes.

#16 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

3d...lawlor and I are right......now can the coaching staff see any of this and make the adjustment? Or will we see more of Vick gettin bodyslammed by free rushers when he does his playaction fake/duck and run 7 steps backwards with his head down (facing the opposite goalline) before he's even close to turning and making a proper throw?

#17 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Cranky is back with power ;). Spuds must watch a different Eagle team than I'm watching. Maybe he's watching old tapes of McNabb days? The team I'm watch stinks. From coaching down to the water boy. The o-line has stunk from day 1. They played terrible out of the gates. Now that the starters are down Spuds wants to say how great they would have been? We're seen this o-line with only 1 starter down and they played terrible. Mesean is playing the best football of his career??? OMG -- is that all we expect from Mesean is mediocre play? Tough article to read after 2 brutal weeks of play. YEAH MESEAN scored against a defense that couldn't stop my grandmother in a walker.

#18 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Clearly the defense is in chaos. We know that.

Since I've been without power -- maybe this has been stated already -- Celek clearly needs to man up. This guy can't block PERIOD!!!! And now his "thumbs" catching the ball and fumbling. Way too many players on this team -- lead by Celek -- is under achieving....

#19 keif216

keif216

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

"Winston Justice never really made it at right tackle, nor did Nick Cole and Max Jean-Gilles pan out at right guard. Mike McGlynn was a try-hard guy at center in 2010, and then the Eagles blew up the line in 2011 and hoped they had found something to hang on to for a long time."

Why did we jettison all of these back up O Linemen??? Never was a fan of Justice, but the others seemed to be capable backups.

#20 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,038 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Cranky...it has been 4 weeks of bad play. We have not won since September 30th.

#21 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Mr. Lurie, I know we have to play the rest of the games but I sort of moved on already. I was hoping to be able to suggest a name to you for the future. CHIP KELLY Thanks

#22 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,038 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

ST's need to wrap up on tackling Dez. He won't go down EZ on PR duty.

#23 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Cranky,..Pipe down,.you recluse!,...Cellic,..who I used to like,..takes his job seriously,.and MANS UP to his mistakes,..unlike numerous POSERS here. That said,...Footballers are human,....I called it for #5,..and #20,...and now the recent news explains to me why Tapp has kinda suked. Give him a cupla more weeks to perk up,..and git that nursing task down. I expect nothing but great things from him,.thereafter...BTW,..including our game,.there will be 3 intriguing games on tap,...and one very possible SB preview.......Carry on,.....................GK.

#24 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Cranky, I don't think it's fair to say our waterboy sucks. According to the stats, he is top 5.

#25 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

yeah pointing the finger at celek is petty & useless. He doesn't block b/c he's almost always running a route, it's not that he can't block. Hence my comment earlier. We need 7 guys on the o-line BLOCKING, plus a RB or 2 in the backfield to help these guys

and that tipped pass was not celek's fault in the RZ btw

#26 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hopper,..the refs could have called PI as well,..but let it go!

#27 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

yeah pointing the finger at celek is petty & useless. He doesn't block b/c he's almost always running a route, it's not that he can't block. Hence my comment earlier. We need 7 guys on the o-line BLOCKING,

UM -- who exacly would be those 7 guys blocking? By definition of this Eagle offense -- the TE MUST -- without question -- be able to block. Celek is being kept in(watch the games please) because the tackles are being brutalized. Celek is supposed to be helping. He's NOT doing his job. HE is NOT almost always running routes -- again -- pay attention --

#28 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Bri - you thinking G'nats and Cinci? Da Dears and Texans should be a good game. Who else you thinking? I'll tune in ...

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,157 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

As bad as this season is we r only 2games behind the Giants in the lose column we can still easily take r division but it all has to start this week with a big win vs the hated Cowboys and end this losing streak we r on.

#30 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,038 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

JETS sign Ricky Sapp...