- - - - -

Lets show some love for the Indy Colts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

The Indianapolis Colts are susprising EVERYBODY in the NFL world.

Thier new HC Chuck Pagno has Cancer and is going through it as we speak, Thier Offensive Coord is leading this team and OH, BTW they have a tremendous rookie QB named Andrew Luck who has lived upto all expections that was layed apon his feet.

They are a susprising 5-3

The AFC South is looking like this right now

Houston  7-1
Indianapolis  5-3
Tennessee  3-6
Jacksonville  1-7

If the Colts win tonight at the hapless Jacksonville Jags, the Colts will only be 1.5gms behind the Texans for the division lead. All the talk all season long has been about the Texans, but very quietly the Colts have been very good with all the problems they have going on.

With the schedules left for both teams I could see the Colts finishing with a 10-6 record and the Texans with a 11-5 record. I think Andrew Lucks pulls out a miricle this season and lands the COlts into the AFC playoffs IMO

Does Andrew Luck have what it takes to take the Colts to the playoffs this season?? His #'s look like this so far

190/336
56.5%
2,404 Yards
10 td's
8 ints
79 % Rating

His completion % could/should be alitlle higher, but if you grade him right now, Id have to give him about a B+

#2 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Luck looks great to me, and I don't really care about stats when you're a rookie QB...it's more important to show that you can handle the physical and mental challenges of being a QB in the NFL. The stats will come in the future once these guys settle down.

Reason his completion percentage is low is because he's 3rd in the league in attempts, which means he throws the ball a RIDICULOUS amount for a rookie QB...and he doesn't have a great running game to take the pressure off of him.

#3 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Colts fans are annoying. Screw them. They lucked (no pun intended) their way into Elway, Manning and now Luck. Guess that horseshoe stands for something

#4 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

There weren't many appealing games to watch at 1PM last Sunday, and since I had gotten my Sunday Ticket back, I decided to watch the Miami/Indy game just to see both rookie QBs. I have to say, it was one of the most entertaining non-playoff, non-Eagles games I've ever seen where I had no strong rooting interest, (other than pulling a bit more for Indy since I had picked them to win). Both QBs were very impressive.

#5 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostCMPunk, on 08 November 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Colts fans are annoying. Screw them. They lucked (no pun intended) their way into Elway, Manning and now Luck. Guess that horseshoe stands for something

Elway refused to play for them and was subsequently traded, how is that a stroke of good fortune?

#6 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,952 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yeah I've been meaning to watch more of their games.  Impressive young team with an impressive young QB and a team that plays with heart/passion.  Rookie HC has to step down to take care of his cancer and the team rallies and keeps fighting hard for him.  Good story and surprisingly good football team that everyone counted out from the start.  Might be a good underdog team to pull for as the Eagles go through the death throes of the Reid regime.

#7 Westy

Westy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Commentator just said, "watch Wayne drive cox deep"

#8 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

That shouldn't have been a TD

#9 Casey @ bat

Casey @ bat

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Would you take any other player for your franchise other than Luck? Taking position, age, etc... Into account? Maybe Rodgers other than that who?

#10 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostFroggy, on 08 November 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Elway refused to play for them and was subsequently traded, how is that a stroke of good fortune?

True.

And TATERS think we have it bad, look at Jacksonville.

#11 Excel

Excel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

He's picking up where Manning left off. His offensive line isn't that good either..

#12 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

But what makes what the Colts are doing especially surprising is the way they let so many veterans leave over the spring.

#13 Eagle Jeff

Eagle Jeff

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Can the Luck/RG3 comparisons stop now?  There is no comparison.

#14 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

I fully agree with you on this point.

I loved Andrew Luck when he was @ Stanford. I was hoping/praying that he would enter the NFL Draft for the 2011 season. I wanted him on the Panthers so bad. I have alot of friends in North Carolina (they live about 45mins south of the stadium)

I would have actually bought a Luck jersey. He would have turned that 1-15 team ( or 2-14) and make them playoff contenders instantly IMO. I was so depressed when he decided to stay another season and of couarse the colts and Manning had 4 neck operations that season when he happened not to miss a single game his entire career. Strange how that worked out huh???

I cant hold it against Luck b/c the Colts "won" the Luck sweepstakes. I was going to root for Luck no matter what team drafted him (besides Dallas, Washington, New York) Im not saying Im not leaving the Eagles as a fan, Im just saying Im a huge fan of Andrew Luck and will root for him as long as it doesnt effect the Eagles in anyway

#15 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostFroggy, on 08 November 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

The Colts were in Baltimore that year and refused to play in Baltimore, so the Baltimore Colts traded the pick to the Denver Broncos. After that disaster the Colts packed up and moved to Indianapolis the following season in the middle of the night

#16 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Reggie Wayne is helping Luck like no other WR could ever help another rookie QB IMO

Wayne learned from the best QB of all time (IMO) and hes teaching Luck all of Mannings tricks. Luck is on the quick path to stardom IMO

View PostEagle Jeff, on 09 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Both are GREAT!!!!

#17 JRoy

JRoy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Colts fans are annoying. Screw them.They lucked (no pun intended) their way into Elway, Manning and now Luck. Guess that horseshoe stands for something

Colts fans are fine. The only thing annoying about that team is the owner.

Here, let me give you a future transcript of what he says.

"um, uh,...and um,..uh,..and uh,..umm,.uh, Uh, uh, uh. umm, and umm. uh. uh.

#18 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,012 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

View Postbumpy93, on 08 November 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

OH, BTW they have a tremendous rookie QB named Andrew Luck who has lived upto all expections that was layed apon his feet.

26th passer rating
28th completion %
23rd in TD
Tied w/ Mark Sanchez for 3rd most turnovers (one less than Vick)

If Vick is playing awful and his numbers are better...how is Luck playing well. He is near the top in passing yards I believe and he is having his good moments and bad moments but Russell Wilson and RGIII have looked far better. Both have passer ratings among the top 10, Still...Indy is having a miracle season and can't knock them for that and I am by no means hating on Luck because he has outperformed other rookies and heloing his team but to say Luck is living up to expectations then he will be one of the biggest busts ever if he continues to play like he is. Peyton Manning had 26 passing td as a rookie. You can't credit one player for an entire team's success especially when his numbers are among the worst at his position. Reggie Wayne has been just as important. Guys like Donnie Avery and TY Hillton stepping up also have been important. D is middle of the pack I believe and running offense hasn't been good for a while now. That's something they badly need to fix in the offseason. Luck will be even better with a reliable running game.

View PostEagle Jeff, on 09 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

And Russell Wilson is quietly outperforming BOTH this season...and has a 6-4 record.

#19 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostJason1978, on 12 November 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

26th passer rating
28th completion %
23rd in TD

If Vick is playing awful and his numbers are better...how is Luck playing well. He is near the top in passing yards I believe and he is having his good moments and bad moments but Russell Wilson and RGIII have looked far better. Both have passer ratings among the top 10, Still...Indy is having a miracle season and can't knock them for that and I am by no means hating on Luck because he has outperformed other rookies and heloing his team but to say Luck is living up to expectations then he will be one of the biggest busts ever if he continues to play like he is. Peyton Manning had 26 passing td as a rookie. You can't credit one player for an entire team's success especially when his numbers are among the worst at his position. Reggie Wayne has been just as important. Guys like Donnie Avery and TY Hillton stepping up also have been important. D is middle of the pack I believe and running offense hasn't been good for a while now. That's something they badly need to fix in the offseason. Luck will be even better with a reliable running game.

And Russell Wilson is quietly outperforming BOTH this season...and has a 6-4 record.

lUCK IS A ROOKIE AND YOUR VOMPARING HIM TO A 5 YEAR VET?

#20 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostJason1978, on 12 November 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

26th passer rating
28th completion %
23rd in TD

Wow wow wow...terrible post my friend :nonono: these guys are rookies, put the statistical obsession to the side and watch the games, and I mean watch the GAMES...not highlights on NFL.com. Luck has been very very good and the sky is absolutely the limit for him.

#21 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,581 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Are they running a 3/4?