Photo
- - - - -

Jacksonville gets blown out on National Television

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Ya know, I thought for sure they would be better when they got rid of their long time coach and quarterback....

#2 snoopdogg88

snoopdogg88

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

awful team and awful organization
Good news is that Khan is willing to make the necessary changes

They need to start over. Fire Mularkey. Bench Gabbert, draft a QB with their top 3 pick.

#3 BtotheH

BtotheH

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Drafting Gabbert was their worst decision.

Locker, Gabbert and Ponder were all dumb picks in the first round.

Jax would have been better off picking up Matt Flynn.

#4 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Yeah the thing is that Jack Del Rio was probably the best head coach in their history. He got them to the playoffs on a regular basis but he has 1 or 2 bad years and the fans wanted a new coach. Now look at them. Worst team in the league.

They also got rid of their long time quarterback and while he wasn't perfect, he got the job done. The fans were ungrateful and wanted to replace him with a tall quarterback with blonde locks. Now that they have that guy, he looks like a bust....

Hmmm.

#5 McMVP

McMVP

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,455 posts
  • Fan Since:'77

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

I see what you're getting at

And it's really not working

#6 RPeeteRules

RPeeteRules

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Yeah the thing is that Jack Del Rio was probably the best head coach in their history. He got them to the playoffs on a regular basis but he has 1 or 2 bad years and the fans wanted a new coach. Now look at them. Worst team in the league.

They also got rid of their long time quarterback and while he wasn't perfect, he got the job done. The fans were ungrateful and wanted to replace him with a tall quarterback with blonde locks. Now that they have that guy, he looks like a bust....

Hmmm.

Tom Coughlin would disagree with Del Rio being the best coach in Jacksonville's history. Remember, they fired Coughlin and brought in Del Rio.

Del Rio coached the Jaguars for almost 9 years and made the playoffs twice, winning just one playoff game. They had three winning seasons under Del Rio and were 3-8 when they fired him. Gabbert was picked while Del Rio was the coach.

#7 WR_please

WR_please

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Tom Coughlin would disagree with Del Rio being the best coach in Jacksonville's history. Remember, they fired Coughlin and brought in Del Rio.

Del Rio coached the Jaguars for almost 9 years and made the playoffs twice, winning just one playoff game. They had three winning seasons under Del Rio and were 3-8 when they fired him. Gabbert was picked while Del Rio was the coach.

The issue wasn't Del Rio, it's Gene Smith. When I look at the Browns, I see good building blocks. When I look at the Chiefs, I see a team that's a good QB away from being decent, but still an already talented team. When I look at the Jaguars, I see mediocrity all around. They have MJD, a decent TE, a draft pick with potential in Blackmon, a very good OLB who's injured right now, and what else exactly? On top of terrible drafting, you hire Mike freaking Mularkey to be the head coach! Are you kidding me? You think the Eagles dropped the ball by drafting Brandon Graham in 2010? The Jags drafted Tyson Alualu 10th overall! Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, Eugene Monroe, Tyson Alualu, Blaine Gabbert were his last 5 1st round picks before Justin Blackmon. That's so bad it's a joke.

#8 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,890 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Jacksonville is where WR's go to die. I wouldn't be surprised if Blackmon turns out to be a huge flop. Not because he's over-matched or has a lack of talent, but because it's freakin' inept Jacksonville.

#9 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I see what you're getting at

And it's really not working

:fishing:

#10 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,360 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Jacksonville is where WR's go to die. I wouldn't be surprised if Blackmon turns out to be a huge flop. Not because he's over-matched or has a lack of talent, but because it's freakin' inept Jacksonville.

Jimmy Smith? :P

#11 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,890 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Jimmy Smith? :P

The one and only bright spot in an otherwise steady stream of sucktitude!

#12 PhillyEagleDude2

PhillyEagleDude2

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,350 posts
  • Fan Since:Cunningham

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

This is a team that drafted a freaking PUNTER in the third. Its like they threw in the towel right there and knew they was going to be garbage on offense.

#13 f_dallas

f_dallas

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hmmm.

If the fans liked Jack Del Rio's 68-71 career record and 2 playoff appearances in 9 seasons as head coach, they would have bought tickets and showed up for the game (they didn't). 8-8 may look nice compared to 1-8, but they both blow.

I'm assuming you're just riling up the natives, but I hope my post calms their savage minds.

This is a team that drafted a freaking PUNTER in the third. Its like they threw in the towel right there and knew they was going to be garbage on offense.

Ahem...kicker in the 4th? :whistle:

#14 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,360 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

If the fans liked Jack Del Rio's 68-71 career record and 2 playoff appearances in 9 seasons as head coach, they would have bought tickets and showed up for the game (they didn't). 8-8 may look nice compared to 1-8, but they both blow.

I'm assuming you;re just riling up the natives, but I hope my post calms their savage minds.

Ahem...kicker in the 4th? :whistle:

Coughlin was EASILY the best coach in their history.

#15 dmac5

dmac5

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

The thing is, nobody gives a damn about Jax. Philly, on the other hand, has been a generally good football team for a long time.

#16 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

The thing is, nobody gives a damn about Jax. Philly, on the other hand, has been a generally good football team for a long time.

So was Jacksonville. Didnt they make the playoffs their first year?

And to Froggy, I forgot about Coughlin

#17 dmac5

dmac5

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

1 or 2 years? Whoopty-freakin-do.

#18 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

True. You should hear their sports radio today. The fans/media are KILLING Blackmon. They're already calling him a bust. Guess I cant blame them, they got blown out by a hated division rival on national television.

#19 Don Corleone

Don Corleone

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,041 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Don't forget, cmpunk was 9 or so when they hired Del Rio

#20 Don Corleone

Don Corleone

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Ya know, I thought for sure they would be better when they got rid of their long time coach and quarterback....

After 5 games Mike Brown was just fired from the Lakers, what do you want to bet they get better not worse.

You're actually comparing the Jaguars atrocities with the Eagles? Go read a book.

#21 snoopdogg88

snoopdogg88

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I still can't figure out how in a league where coaches are fired after 1 season, Jack Del Rio lasted 9 years.

#22 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

2nd year. Them and Carolina made the conference championship games in their 2nd seasons.

#23 dmac5

dmac5

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I still can't figure out how in a league where coaches are fired after 1 season, Jack Del Rio lasted 9 years.

Blackmail....has to be.

#24 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,702 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

The issue wasn't Del Rio, it's Gene Smith. When I look at the Browns, I see good building blocks. When I look at the Chiefs, I see a team that's a good QB away from being decent, but still an already talented team. When I look at the Jaguars, I see mediocrity all around. They have MJD, a decent TE, a draft pick with potential in Blackmon, a very good OLB who's injured right now, and what else exactly? On top of terrible drafting, you hire Mike freaking Mularkey to be the head coach! Are you kidding me? You think the Eagles dropped the ball by drafting Brandon Graham in 2010? The Jags drafted Tyson Alualu 10th overall! Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, Eugene Monroe, Tyson Alualu, Blaine Gabbert were his last 5 1st round picks before Justin Blackmon. That's so bad it's a joke.

Matt jones, the WR from Washington too, signed Hugh Douglass and he was washed up, Quitin Groves IIRC was a 1st rd pick too

#25 nottsfootballfan

nottsfootballfan

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,832 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

"consistently go to playoffs."

twice in 9 years.

Hilarious!

#26 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,564 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hmmm.

Wow.

#27 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

After 5 games Mike Brown was just fired from the Lakers, what do you want to bet they get better not worse.

You're actually comparing the Jaguars atrocities with the Eagles? Go read a book.

When did I compare them to the Eagles?

#28 Don Corleone

Don Corleone

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

When did I compare them to the Eagles?

That's exactly what you're doing. You're implying, the Eagles are going to be just like the Jaguars, if they fire AR and get rid of Vick

#29 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Poor Justin Blackmon...

He has the Talent to be a #1 WR in a season or 2 if he was on a good team with a average QB, but hes stuck trying to catch balls thrown to him by Blaine Gabbert

#30 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

That's exactly what you're doing. You're implying, the Eagles are going to be just like the Jaguars, if they fire AR and get rid of Vick

It isnt that farfetched. In the NFL, being relevant isnt guaranteed. I remember Blaine Gabbert looked good in the preseason against the Patriots reserves and all the Jaguars fans on the radio were screaming "Gabbertz!!!!111".

It's like Deja Vu.