- - - - -

Dave, with the current situation with O-Line

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 UpstateNYEagle

UpstateNYEagle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Why are we not running more double TE, split back, and I-formation sets?   With Vick getting sacked seven times the last game and EVERY team we play blitzing us it would seem to me that we would stack the line of scrimmage with as many players that we  can to help block and THEN to throw a pass from where the blitz came from.   I mean I am not a coach but this would seem logical to me?   We run WAY to much single back set looking to get the ball deep down field.   These plays take time to develop, something we do not have the luxury for right now.

#2 egforever

egforever

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostUpstateNYEagle, on 09 November 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Why are we not running more double TE, split back, and I-formation sets?   With Vick getting sacked seven times the last game and EVERY team we play blitzing us it would seem to me that we would stack the line of scrimmage with as many players that we  can to help block and THEN to throw a pass from where the blitz came from.   I mean I am not a coach but this would seem logical to me?   We run WAY to much single back set looking to get the ball deep down field.   These plays take time to develop, something we do not have the luxury for right now.
  I really liked it a couple years ago when we used 2 WR 1 TE and  2 backs. Whether it was I formation or split backs it worked. I would like to see alot more of it as well and it wouldn't hurt to start using Havili in the pass and run game more. If  we used Brown and McCoy coming out of the backfield on passing routes it would be hard for LB's to keep up with both of their speed at the same time.

#3 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

marty thinks that that is exactly what the opponent is thinking he thinks so he will do the other thing which the opponent already knows which marty knows so he will do it anyway which the opponent already knows and marty thinks they will adjust at half time.....get it ?

#4 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostUpstateNYEagle, on 09 November 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Idiot Marty knows we have the worst OLine in the League yet almost every 3rd and long he goes 4 or 5 wide formation with an empty backfield.

I sometimes honestly think even Rich Kotite could successfully coach against the Eagles

#5 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

View Postpatpikunas, on 09 November 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Idiot Marty knows we have the worst OLine in the League yet almost every 3rd and long he goes 4 or 5 wide formation with an empty backfield.

I sometimes honestly think even Rich Kotite could successfully coach against the Eagles
Kotite ?  The guy who didn't know the correct math to figure out the team should go for a two point conversion ?  That Kotite ???  Yeah, you are probably right.

#6 Randy Rampage

Randy Rampage

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

The Eagles have no offensive line depth, but they're $20 million under the salary cap this year. The priority is clear.