Photo

[Spadaro] It's Dallas, For Rivalry's Sake!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,617 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

They both come in limping at 3 wins, 5 losses and some wounded pride. But it's Cowboys-Eagles Week, and that's got to raise the level of intensity on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field, doesn't it? ...

View the full article

#2 camasbud

camasbud

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

This is the Russian Roulette Game. Pass the loaded gun back and forth to see who is out of playoffs.

#3 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'd love to see us come out strong and beat the cowboys i'd also love it if we stuck with the ground and gave Mccoy his 20plus carries along with Brown getting a decent amount of carries

#4 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

If the run game isn't used, we lose.

#5 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

DRC...of ALL people...shouldn't be talking about being SOFT. One of his alledged plays was the worst effort I've ever seen by a pro football player...in over half a century of watching. Downright embarassing...actually backing up like he didn't want to mess up his shoes or something. There ain't no way in hell I'm giving that dog a contract, but knowing the Birds......

#6 zracer

zracer

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

56-14 last year we outscored them. coulda had a shutout for once.

#7 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Philly v.s Dallas....Vick v.s Romo...Reid v.s Garret....3-5 v.s 3-5. This is for all the marbles, fellas. Loser of this game packs their bags and files for unemployment at the end of the season

#8 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

It's hard to believe anyone here is still mentioning the playoffs...unless they play in the Pathetic Team Bowl.

#9 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Turnover awareness and readiness will determine the victor here,...as I promulgated last week,.at the EYE>>>>GK.

#10 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'm anticipating the usual. Shady tries his best to make sugar out sh**, DJax burns the cowgirls but Vick misses him, same with JMac. Shady gets his 14 carries, Vick throws 40 plus passes and 2-3 INTS, Avant doesn't score a touchdown. The defense is repeatedly, quickly, forced back onto the field after 3 and outs. The OL line is once again blamed for the QB who fails to make the proper read when the unblocked blitzer comes of the edge. If I was the coach I would cover my butt and bench Vick, with him as the QB our offense has only scored more than 19 points twice this season. That is unacceptable, Vick has never won anything except a playoff game in GB and couldn't beat our team that lost 2 consecutive NFC championship games at home. He did the same thing in that NFC Championship game, he got his TE killed by B-Dawk, he threw an INT to B-Dawk and made bad decisions holding the football too long. Andy Reid can't evaluate talent he has misused his players. I didn't know Riley Cooper was as fast as he looked on that KO return they called back, if he played the slot he would be a matchup nightmare against LB's and Safeties. He never has gotten an opportunity to play here his career is being wasted I think he would be a good WR. He has made a few big plays in limited snaps much more than Avant has in extended playing time. This team sucks. I'm done! Get rid of the Coach and QB, The real dumb & dumber. How much longer can we tolerate the offense giving up 7 points and scoring 13? That means if the defense gives up a single TD we still lose 14-13. Vick hasn't fixed this problem in his last 27 games, he ain't fixing it. I am not fooled. Turnovers seem to find him more than another other "veteran QB" in the NFL.

#11 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

20 hours to go!!!!!!!!

EAGLES!!!!!!!

#12 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

DRC is one of the main culprits he has no desire to tackle and then he tries to tackle high instead of squaring up keeping his head up and eyes open, seeing what he is hitting and drive through the ball carrier's legs with his shoulder pads. If you stop a ball-carriers legs from moving you should be able to stop his forward momentum but coach Bowles said "its attitude' and its that is true guys have to want to hit and sacrifice their bodies every play like a Dawkins or Trotter or Ike Reese. We need a DLmen who will get in TCole's face, a Safety who will get in DRC's face for not performing and we really need somebody to check MVick when he displays carelessness with football. If I was Shady and DJax I would get in his face like man we are losing games because we need you to be great, not just good, but great, at least make the plays that need to be made when they are there to be made. Its two plays that could have shifted the game against NO if Vick makes a smarter play, The INT's for a td he threw and the pass where maclin is open and Vick throws it to high for him near the back of the end zone. That's 7 off the scoreboard for NO and a plus 14 for us if we get in the end-zone twice. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 29 times this year and his team is still 6-3 while Vick has been sacked 27 times and is 3-5. SMH

#13 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

hahaha...Spuds!...This game is no rivalry game....It's a true grit game!,..That said,.....DALLAS SUKS>>DALLAS SUKS

#14 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Jason Avant averages 11 yards per catch has no td's, and we send him out on patterns and keep Celek in for blocking, who averages 13 yrd a reception. Another overrated scrub, Jason Avant. If Avant ever gets hurt our passing game will be instantly better. Reid is an idiot when it comes to evaluating talent, his own or college players.

#15 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hahaha..Super DAVE,..usuk!!!,..that said,..when pundits and homers were singing the praises of DRC,....early in TC,..I went up to LEHIGH,..meself,..to check out the team. I reported what I witnessed,.at the EYE,..and LUPES regurgitated my assessment on his site. TBT,.I saw NOTHING in his performance there,.that should have warranted all the acumens and good press. Quite frankly,..just the opposite. Carry on....GK.

#16 kag281

kag281

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

i agree dave, avant is good but he is not a game changer. i am having trouble remembering the last time he had a catch and run over 20 yds. what the coaches need to do is get some big fast WR and move maclin to the slot, which is were he thrived in college. will it really matter though on sunday with this dismal O line.do i even want to watch dunlap protecting vicks blind side? also if this isnt the game to run the ball than lurie needs to make an executive decision and fire someone himself.

#17 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

It is tough to get excited about this game. I really have no expectations at this point.....only hope.

#18 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I had HUGE expectations for this defense at the start of the year. Boy, have they disappointed! The CBs wont tackle...or can't....and the defensive line gets zero pressure. Ryans is a star on a bad defense. Coleman also comes to play but makes poor decisions too often. The offense? Who scares you besides Shady? No one!

#19 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

At the beginning of the season if you said the eagles would be 3-5 at the halfway mark of the season I never would have believed it. But here we are. An anemic offense and a defense that cannot tackle and react to changing plays. How did things go south so fast? Why didn't front line injuries prompt a change in play style?
Unfortunately Dallas is really better than the Eagles even with identical records. Since the Eagles have no pass rush Tony Romo will have plenty of time to set up and make passes. No Red Zone ability for the Eagles. Inaccuracies of Michael Vick and turnovers. It has all been one giant disappointment. Andy Reid and Michal Vick should be moving on and and out of Philly after the season. I think it is pretty much assured this will happen unless there is some magical turnaround that is very unlikely. i will be at the game tomorrow cheering as usual but I think the Eagles will be on the short end of the score after 60 minutes.

#20 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Dave, if you caught the tape of the Ravens Eagles game, you'd have heard Ray Lewis calling the Eagles soft before that game as well. Do you remember that commercial where the married couple asks Eli for so many TD passes, and Ware for so many sacks? He might just say no problem if you ask him for 5 tomorrow.

#21 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Dave, you are would put a rookie QB that isn't mobile behind the worst oline in the NFL? Are you trying to see teams get double digit sacks on us A GAME! Does some of the blame belong to Vick, of course, but look who is calling the plays, look at how many times are WR don't fight for the ball (both are small and not physical), and last but not least look at this oline. Shady is our best player and yet he had two games where he didn't even hit 60 yards rushing, that's from an oline not doing their job in both pass protection and run blocking, so before pointing the blame finger to just a few individuals you need to look at the team as a whole.

#22 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Now onto the game, with such a rocky oline I believe we will be seeing a deep safety and a lot of corner blitzes. This oline can't handle ware and a corner blitz coming from the same side, and if it happens to be on Vicks blinde side he might not finish the game.

#23 slorck

slorck

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Fan Since:1959

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

If the run game isn't used, we lose.

Heck, I'd be happy if they just ran with the four base run schemes. At least that could move the sticks once in a while with the right personnel placed in the RIGHT positions to succeed (with apologies to Andy Reid).

#24 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm glad I have to work tomorrow....

#25 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

It's too bad you have to work, Doc. You're gonna miss the Eagles beat the Cowboys.

#26 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Than I might have something worthy of actually watching on my DVR later....

#27 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Oh ,..good,........Funt is gone.

#28 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

I have never cooked Tofu before. Tamale,..I will start a new chapter. I have not decided yet,..my recipe. But,.I will say this,...I plan to adapt,..improvise,.overcome,..like any good US Marine,.worf his salt!....Whoswiffme?

#29 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Excellent choice sir...! do you like lighter colours or darker colours?

#30 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Somewhere in the tofu post there's a message for MM.