Photo
- - - - -

Luck or RG3 ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#1 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I know its only been 9 games for both of them, but as of right now, who has had the better rookie season??

Heres how the stats break down

ANDREW LUCK

208 comp
362 att
57.5%
2,631yds
10td
9int
79.1 rating

ROBERT GRIFFEN 3 (RG#)

172 comp
262 att
64.6%
1,993yds
8td
3int
93.9 rating.

Right now Luck has the Colts @ 6-3

RG3 has the Redskins at 3-6

#2 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,160 posts
  • Team:Giants
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Have to give it to Luck. Its all about the W

#3 H-field Hero

H-field Hero

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

It's often short sighted to over praise a QB for a team's overall record, but in this case Andrew Luck is already the undisputed leader of the Colts and a big reason for their 6-3 record. This is one instance where I'm gonna throw the stats out and use the eyeball test and give the edge to Luck. In the grand scheme of things though this is a "who cares?" debate.

#4 johncp

johncp

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

LUCK for the best future star

#5 eagles234

eagles234

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

It's crazy that Luck has thrown 100 more passes than RG3. Luck is being asked to do more and he's getting in done in the W column. Gotta say Luck

#6 iinvincible

iinvincible

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Luck is better right now look at the colts record.

#7 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,038 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

I would take Luck. Griffin's pocket awareness isn't as good as Luck's pocket awareness. They both are accurate. They both have leadership qualities. Griffin is obviously more mobile, but Luck can move pretty good for a bigger QB. I think Luck will be more durable.

#8 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,425 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Both are pretty damn good.

Luck.

#9 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,160 posts
  • Team:Giants
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

It's often short sighted to over praise a QB for a team's overall record, but in this case Andrew Luck is already the undisputed leader of the Colts and a big reason for their 6-3 record. This is one instance where I'm gonna throw the stats out and use the eyeball test and give the edge to Luck. In the grand scheme of things though this is a "who cares?" debate.

I daresay that most, if not all NFL QB's, dont care about stats. Wins are paramount to any team. Stats are just window dressing, and rarely tell the whole story about how good or bad a team is playing.

#10 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,767 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm thinking long term here: Luck. RG3 is a great QB, but he's just an upgraded Vick. I have yet to see him slide and that will hurt him in his career for the long term, ask Vick. Luck isn't as mobile but if the time comes, he can still move.

#11 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Luck without question. He has the worst roster in the league at 6-3 and is asked to do SO much more than Bob Griffing.

Griffing is a gimmick running Jake The Snake Shanny plays and this time next year he'll look like Cam Newton does now (If he doesn't get hurt before then).

#12 WtfaRabbit!

WtfaRabbit!

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

RGIII will never win a superbowl or even play in one. I'll take Luck.

#13 MichaelWMS

MichaelWMS

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Fan Since:2010

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Luck by a mile. RG3 is the new Vick/Newton

#14 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Griffin should probably should have at least 2 more wins if his defense weren't terrible and completely injury depleted. The skins were up 3 scores on the Rams at one point and Griffin had the Giants beat until the defense collapsed with like 1:30 left in the game.

#15 DawkinsOwnage03

DawkinsOwnage03

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

both are good, but Luck.

#16 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,172 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

How the hell can people say they watch football yet completly overlook Russell Wilson. He is BY FAR the rookie of the year and is guiding a team towards the playoffs.

6-4 record
90.5 QB rating
62.1 comp %
15td/8int
52 carries/189 yards

Remember last year...Newton iguiding a losing team won it over a much more deserving Andy Dalton who actually led his team to the playoffs. Newton is having one of the worst 2012 seasons while Dalton is a top 10 caliber QB right now. Wilson has outplayed RGII and Luck.

#17 McMVP

McMVP

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,420 posts
  • Fan Since:'77

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Luck...

Both will continue to grow and be very good QBs...but I see Luck accomplishing more...and for a longer time. RG3's style is more likely to get him hurt.

#18 eagles234

eagles234

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

How the hell can people say they watch football yet completly overlook Russell Wilson. He is BY FAR the rookie of the year and is guiding a team towards the playoffs.

6-4 record
90.5 QB rating
62.1 comp %
15td/8int
52 carries/189 yards

Remember last year...Newton iguiding a losing team won it over a much more deserving Andy Dalton who actually led his team to the playoffs. Newton is having one of the worst 2012 seasons while Dalton is a top 10 caliber QB right now. Wilson has outplayed RGII and Luck.

He's asked to do less. He has a strong running game and strong defense which help a young quarterback a lot. Not saying Wilson isn't having an excellent year, just pointing out reasons why people would overlook him. And Luck is also leading his team to the playoffs

#19 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I loved Russell Wilson in the draft. I thought if he was a few inches taller he would have been a first round pick.

#20 cmart102

cmart102

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,844 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I loved Russell Wilson in the draft. I thought if he was a few inches taller he would have been a first round pick.

Would have been the 3rd QB taken. Heck his passing efficiency was better than RGIIIs last year.

But anywho I'd take Luck for the future, and probably even the present right now. There are no limitations to his game

#21 ggs5008

ggs5008

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,623 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Luck

#22 FlyinBrian36-20

FlyinBrian36-20

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts
  • Fan Since:'99

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Luck

#23 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I would take.....

RG3!

#24 GrahamCracker

GrahamCracker

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

It's a tough choice, but I would take Luck. He's running that pro offense like a vet QB. Griffin is a pretty close 2nd place, but he still has some developing to do as defenses start squatting on the Baylor offense more and more.

Wilson has had some nice moments too, it has been a pretty good year for rookie QBs. Even Weeden and Tannehill have shown flashes of their promise.

#25 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm thinking long term here: Luck. RG3 is a great QB, but he's just an upgraded Vick. I have yet to see him slide and that will hurt him in his career for the long term, ask Vick. Luck isn't as mobile but if the time comes, he can still move.

You haven't watched RGIII if you think he is just an upgraded Vick. Living in DC, I have watched him more than I would like to and he is an amazing talent, even if you took away his mobility. That young man can go through his progression with ease, he sees the whole field, he even will alter his throwing motion and is extremely accurate. If RGIII had Luck's receivers, his numbers and his winning percentage would be higher. I am not dissing Luck, he is incredible in his own right but RGIII is everything advertised and more. I hope he is the next Dan Marino, great, with all the stats and no SBs.

#26 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Up until about 2 weeks ago I would have went with RG3, but Luck is showing me something that Veteran QBs dont even show me yet.

He has the Colts at 6-3.. Ill say it again 6-3. thats amazing. He does have talent around him no matter what is said other wise. I dont think the roster is bad as its made out to be IMO.

Freeney, Mathis, Wayne are still good players playing for the Colts IMO. Reggie Wayne has helped Andrew Luck to no end IMO. He is teaching him everything that Manning taught Wayne. Bruce Ariens (sp?) has done a good job after taking over for Chuck Pagno while Chuck is battling cancer right now.

Luck seems as of right now that he will get the Colts into the playoffs in his rooke season after being the #1 overall pick earlier that season. It also helps that Jim Harbaugh ran a pro-style offense while they were toghter at Stanford during his college career. RG3 had alittle gimick offense IMO compared to Lucks

I would take.....

RG3!

I wonder why that would be??? LOL

#27 Eagle fan in SA

Eagle fan in SA

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Luck

#28 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

14/15 200 yards 4 TDs 0 INTs, 84 yards rushing.

Did I mention that i would take RG3?

#29 aj3380

aj3380

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

RG3

if you watched both Luck and RG3 this season there is one huge difference...Rg3 has not cost the redskins any loss. Also, I beleive the colts have a better OC than the redskins. Kyle Shanahan is way too aggressive and foolish. Redskins seem to go for the one strick TD instead of running a convenstional offense. RG3 has proven he can throw the ball well - while in the pocket. don't understand the overkill by our OC.

Either way both Luck and RG3 went to the right teams....

#30 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Griffin have been the most consistence of the two qbs this year......and the reason people are comparing griffin to vick is cause he is black....smfh .....