Photo

[News] Reid: Too Many Mistakes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,267 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sunday's 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys was an exhibition in how quickly things can change within a football game. The Eagles, riding rookie third-round pick Nick Foles, had all the momentum afte...

View the full article

#2 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Andy Reid, Marty, & Todd - Great Job Gameplanning (this is sincere). To tak an Offensive Squad with 4 out of 5 Linemen that are "back-ups" & a Back Up/Rookie QB and put together a plan that had us winnning the game in the 2nd Half is Phenomenal. It is a testament to your ability to "Coach Up" Players, and overcome the most challenging situations. I know Jeffrey Lurie will come to his senses and do the right thing and bring you back for another year to take a legitimate run with this team (Vick included).

#3 IggleinAZ

IggleinAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Are you kidding me??? As opposed to pretty much every Eagles team in the past 2 decades this one is full of high expectation players riding the hype of their so called "superior" ability versus hard hitting, hungry guys out there to win some games. Get it together past pro bowlers and premadonnas and play some football like the guys fighting to remain in the league making you look like bums.

#4 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I saw plays that had receivers "WIDE OPEN" down field, and pass protection that at times was as good as we have had all season. The run plays were called to perfection & redzone calls were equally as good. Outstanding Job Andy!!! I know there are no moral victories, but if anyone doubted your abilities as a coach before today - you surely have shut them up! As an FYI - I believe the Eagles were beating a team today that is ultimately going to the NFC Championship Game this season (& winning our Division). Oh yeah we were doing it with our 2nd String!!!!!!!! Great Effort Andy & Company!!!!!!!!!!

#5 IggleinAZ

IggleinAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Wow.... Not sure where others were when this game occurred but there was nothing worth supporting today. It was aweful and not what any real fan would grin about.

#6 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

No one could have taken a team missing 4 of their 5 starting Offensive Linemen (especially both Tackles and their Center), and put a "Back Up Rookie QB" out there and accomplished what AR & Company Did Today. Not the Patriots, Packers, Giants, Falcons, 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, etc..., etc...

#7 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I take full responsibility for our play. I'm going to do a better job. They're going to do a better job. We'll get it right... hey andy, just do everyone a favor and STFU.

i want to vomit right now. im so friggin sick of hearing this from him

#8 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Sincity - you obviously never played sports at a high level. Because if you did, you would know that is precisely the way you should respond and react in that situation. You don't quit, you don't throw players under the bus, you LEAD. That is what he is doing. That is why our 2nd string Offense damn near won the game. Andy Reid - great job big fella. I hope you're in Philly for a long time!

#9 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

You are an idiot

#10 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

This team needs to stop the run.

#11 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Since AR will not get fired until the end of the year, I say mid season change:

FIRE MM AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

funny reid makes a big deal about turnovers when they happen to foles, but he never made a comment about vicks turnover plagued career or the past 3 years with the eagles..

CUT VICK NOW!!!!!!!! Kolb lost his spot to this fraud when he was concussed, why not keep the same philosophy andy no matter how screwed up it is

#13 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Now we know what Howie Roseman does - imthewagon is his full time job - Great Job? I guess you must work for Long Island Power or some other terrible outfit that can't get it done - idiots like you should be banned from the Board - Andy looks and sounds like the Dead Man Walking he is- even the Eagles beat reporters have given up trying to ask anything of interest - Lurie be a man and fire this loser now before you lose it all -

#14 stgcs

stgcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have to hand it to the eagles coaching staff they did a good job. They adjusted and had a good scheme for the depleted o line. They made more adjustments on the fly with the rookie in. Team actually looked good. Now if only they can work on teaching them how to tackle, catch and not hold (at least so blatantly).

#15 wvjerome

wvjerome

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

"I;m going to do a better job. They're going to do a better job." Rinse and repeat. Doing a better job isn't doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. That's something entirely different and that's why the results are what we have been seeing.

#16 rville

rville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Fan Since:46 yrs

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

At least we saw some get up. Foles did what was expected for a rookie qb with zero playing time and preactice time. the int was jugled be djackson. It looked like there was a gameplan for a while, and when they went down the did keep fighting. With that said, AR is still not the man(along with his staff) to get the most out of this group of very talented players. The end of another losing season is coming to an end, I can't wait to hear what the front office has to say and of there are any big name coaches whoo would hae interest in the job. I forgot,since my last post ) that MH is out there ont the hunt getting his name thrown around for some jobs. I do the hope Lurie is ready to pull the trigger early and not let any of the big name coaches out there get away. I know they(other coaches, ie MG TD BC MH ECT) may have big tv deals, but I'm sure Lurie has knows hw to etice them $$$$$$ GO EAGLES, I have been a fan for the last 40 years and will be fr the next 40 tears.